Metal Storm logo
Swallow The Sun - Announce New Album And Single

Swallow The Sun are back! The band surprised fans today by announcing their new album that follows the ambitious triple album, Songs From The North I, II & III, released in 2015. The Finnish melancholy death-doom metal masters will release their new album When A Shadow Is Forced Into The Light on January 25th, 2019 through Century Media Records.

Only one month earlier, on December 21st, they will release a standalone 14-minutes epic single track called "Lumina Aurea", both digitally and as 12" EP vinyl version.

According to the label, fueled by personal loss (the album title has its origins in Trees Of Eternity's "Broken Mirror") and powered by the will to continue, When A Shadow Is Forced Into The Light showcases the group's ability to maintain its signature sound while expanding upon horizons and diving deeper into the crevasse of doom-death metal. Even though the single and the album are conceptually connected, they are musically completely different. While "Lumina Aurea" - featuring Wardruna's Einar Selvik and The Foreshadowing's Marco I. Benevento - marks the band's darkest and most sinister piece of music the band has ever released, When A Shadow Is Forced Into The Light follows a more positive approach and continues in the vein of previous albums - first-rate death-doom in the typical style of Swallow The Sun.

Tracklist:

• When A Shadow Is Forced Into The Light
  • The Crimson Crown
  • Firelights
  • Upon The Water
  • Stone Wings
  • Clouds On Your Side
  • Here On The Black Earth
  • Never Left

"Lumina Aurea" tracklist:

• Lumina Aurea
  • Lumina Aurea (instrumental version)

Swallow The Sun have also announced their first shows for 2019. See below for all dates.

07.02.2019 Helsinki (Finland) - Nosturi*
    08.02.2019 Turku (Finland) - Apollo*
    09.02.2019 Jyväskylä (Finland) - Lutakko*
    14.02.2019 Tampere (Finland) - Klubi*
    15.02.2019 Oulu (Finland) - Teatria*
    16.02.2019 Kuopio (Finland) - Henry's Pub*

* with The Man-Eating Tree

More dates to be announced soon!

Source: centurymedia.com
    Band profile: Swallow The Sun
  • Posted: 13.11.2018 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
    Comments: 4   Visited by: 131 users
    13.11.2018 - 21:11
    WorpeX
    Made of Metal
    I know i'm going to be very alone in this opinion, but I hope the album is more in the vein of Emerald Forest than Songs From The North. Or at least in the vein of Disc 1! The other 2 discs were a bit much for me.
    13.11.2018 - 22:22
    The Melting Snow

Written by WorpeX on 13.11.2018 at 21:11

I know i'm going to be very alone in this opinion, but I hope the album is more in the vein of Emerald Forest than Songs From The North. Or at least in the vein of Disc 1! The other 2 discs were a bit much for me.

I have the feeling the album will be different from the previous ones altogether. Much has happened since then and it brought out some great music out of Juha in Trees of Eternity and Hallatar. The creativity and maturity will (must) show in the new release
    15.11.2018 - 12:59
    SolOkultas

So, is the single gonna be one 12 inch or two?
    17.11.2018 - 13:48
    FYA
    Destroyer
    HOLY SHIT YES

Hits total: 2911 | This month: 4