New Album Recommendations 2019

Original post

Posted by Ugwemubwem Ossas, 14.11.2018 - 08:36
Recommend metal albums from 2019.

Dissonant black death from Denver, Colorado.

Noctambulist

15.04.2019 - 18:28
tominator
At best deranged
Instrumental psychedelic stoner metal from the UK. One of my favourites so far this year. Really nice bass, great guitar tone and drums that are prominent yet not over-ruling in the mix. I really enjoyed the atmosphere of this record. Gripping from start to finish.

And another stoner metal record. This one is from Switzerland. Very nice vocals, punchy guitars, powerful sounding drums and pounding bass. Again a blast from start to finish imo.

15.04.2019 - 23:20
Mercurial
Suspiral are back. This artwork may be even prettier than the last one. Some kind of cavernous, hypnotic black metal, but something about it sounds different from the usual. Good stuff, nice use of repetition.

Suspiral
16.04.2019 - 12:38
Mercurial
So if the Black Twilight Circle wasn't enough, Portugal now have their own round-shaped collective, called the Aldebaran Circle. Probably closer in sound to LLN, but this doesn't sound bad, and kinda weird.

VOËMMR

The other bands in the circle are Occelensbrigg, Ordem Satânica and Trono Além Morte. Occelensbrigg sound quite good too, probably the best. The other two, not so much.

Pretty sure 4 bands makes a square, not a circle, but there you go.

Also, this is now out on Iron Bonehead, so I can finally post that glorious artwork without artifacts.

Vitriol

The Polish are owning it this year. Rather good, if not quite my bag, modernised black that spills over into folk and post-black.

POPIÓŁ

And punkish black that sounds far different from the usual mix.

GRUZJA