Metal Storm logo
New Album Recommendations 2019

Original post

Posted by 3rdWorld, 14.11.2018 - 08:36
Recommend metal albums from 2019.

Dissonant black death from Denver, Colorado.

Noctambulist

18.01.2019 - 17:19
Mercurial

Written by Unhealer on 17.01.2019 at 19:50

Released without warning, does this guy think he is Krallice? Nevermind, it's even better, it's a perfect mix between BAN's best industrial and raw BM releases.

Cool, forgot about this. Pretty sure it's a 2018 release though, the 2019 version is the physical release.
18.01.2019 - 17:26
Mercurial

One of the best things I've heard this year. Will just quote myself:

If Virus were an art rock band, this is what they would probably sound like. Compositionally spacious, dark and bleak, it weaves together angular avant-garde metal, indicative of the known greats, with moments of noise rock discord, far-distant brass and quieter, eerie bass-driven lulls. Overseeing all this are near-serene female vocals that are mostly ever so slightly off-kilter, but inviting all the same. Something for the discerning listener

Helium Horse Fly

Some solid and rather big atmospheric hardcore (or post-metal if you like) coming out of France.

Vesperine

And Neoandertals are back! Crazy weird neanderthal death metal. The available song sounds a bit more grounded than their usual stuff but I suspect the rest of the album will dial it up.

Neoandertals

Some interesting sounding Himalayan / southern asian-themed experimental drone. Haven't listened to much of it yet.

Dolpo
18.01.2019 - 18:34
LuciferOfGayness
Account deleted
Written by Mercurial on 18.01.2019 at 17:26

And Neoandertals are back! Crazy weird neanderthal death metal. The available song sounds a bit more grounded than their usual stuff but I suspect the rest of the album will dial it up.

Neoandertals

Nice and primitive.
18.01.2019 - 22:47
Unhealer
Eclecticist
Written by Mercurial on 18.01.2019 at 17:19

Cool, forgot about this. Pretty sure it's a 2018 release though, the 2019 version is the physical release.

Maybe you think that because two songs were already uploaded on Bandcamp last year, but the two remaining songs were uploaded yesterday and Marcos announced the official release on his social networks.
18.01.2019 - 23:10
Mercurial

Written by Unhealer on 18.01.2019 at 22:47

Maybe you think that because two songs were already uploaded on Bandcamp last year, but the two remaining songs were uploaded yesterday and Marcos announced the official release on his social networks.

Guess MA is as unreliable as ever then
19.01.2019 - 07:01
3rdWorld
China was a neat
Can't wait to listen to the new Neoandertals in full. Ebu Gogo Gutting The Child is an experimental death masterpiece.
19.01.2019 - 12:14
Mercurial

Written by 3rdWorld on 19.01.2019 at 07:01

Can't wait to listen to the new Neoandertals in full. Ebu Gogo Gutting The Child is an experimental death masterpiece.

WB
19.01.2019 - 22:17
3rdWorld
China was a neat
Dual bass driven, no electric guitar-death from Italy. Pretty chaotic and volatile.

Thecodontion

Black / death with pounding wall-of-sound production and machine gun like drums from UK.

Vessel Of Iniquity

Sentient Ruin getting even more down and dirty. Another gut wrenchingly heavy and bestial sludge album with a good dose of electronics and noise.

Miscarriage

19.01.2019 - 23:08
LuciferOfGayness
Account deleted
Written by 3rdWorld on 19.01.2019 at 22:17

Sentient Ruin getting even more down and dirty. Another gut wrenchingly heavy and bestial sludge album with a good dose of electronics and noise.

Miscarriage

[/center]

This was self -released 2018 but they changed it when SR picked it up so now its 2019. I listened a bit to it when it was streaming in full then and it was very thick and filthy, sounded good so I look forward to the label release.
19.01.2019 - 23:15
LuciferOfGayness
Account deleted
Written by 3rdWorld on 15.11.2018 at 19:40

Nice second wave black metal thing on Iron Bonehead productions.

Perverticon

full

21.01.2019 - 17:03
Unhealer
Eclecticist
Written by Quatropus on 09.01.2019 at 23:15

I liked these Comma guys more than I thought I would, really fun album.
21.01.2019 - 21:19
3rdWorld
China was a neat
New Triumvir Foul does its job. Not sure if its a full length or EP. Haven't checked their fb page.

EDIT: Looks like its an EP.

21.01.2019 - 21:27
Mercurial

^ when you gotta go you gotta go.
22.01.2019 - 14:46
Mercurial

Hugely fun southern tinged mix of hard rock, trad doom and heavy metal.

The Ossuary

Full thing here.
22.01.2019 - 17:26
Quatropus

22.01.2019 - 18:36
Mercurial

Written by Mercurial on 27.11.2018 at 18:48

Black metal coming from Iron Bonehead next year. Digging that art.

Cénotaphe

Now fully listenable here.
23.01.2019 - 21:08
Aya Graves

Some cool stuff on here! Thanks!
----
And now I am free...
I'm leaving this empty, shattered body
I'm embracing this new reality I see
I'm not dreaming...I am the dream!
KRYN
23.01.2019 - 21:21
3rdWorld
China was a neat
Black from Normandy, France. Their third full length.

Sordide

Canadian Post-black.

Numenorean

24.01.2019 - 00:58
Mercurial

Little bit of tab clearing again.

Anthemic, melodic blackened crust with some folk influences. They write long songs too, and surprisingly not bad for that weird genre descriptor.

Terra Mater

Rather fine sounding black coming soon from Quebec.

Csejthe

Pleasingly chunky, often rhythmic death.

Hate Force

Fucking angry "emoviolence." I don't know what that is but it's some sort of very heavy sludge / core type thing. Actually really good though despite the length.

kiss×sis

This is getting a fair amount of ratings on RYM. Somewhat dissonant, aggressive black metal. I don't find it all that amazing but others might.

Deveneror

If you like your blackened death doom espcially gritty and grim then this might be for you.

Charnel Altar

And some pretty sweet sounding heavy metal ala old-school.

Traveler
24.01.2019 - 08:43
3rdWorld
China was a neat
Obnoxiously heavy metallic hardcore from Australia. Debut full length from these guys.

Wreath

24.01.2019 - 14:30
Starvynth
i c deaf people
Written by Quatropus on 11.01.2019 at 22:26

A few more I stumbled upon while doing my daily Bandcamp search.
[...]

[...]

Thanks for the recommendation of Mistveil! Their doom/death is right up my alley and I just ordered a physical copy of Amnesia.
Shit, I really love that voice...
----
signatures = SPAM
24.01.2019 - 17:45
SilverKey

The first release of Russian prog metal band Casamatta. To the fans of Mastodon, Baroness and some old school like Megadeth.
24.01.2019 - 23:40
Mercurial

Some punky thrash with actual testicles for once.

Dregspitters

Low-key but intense drone not unlike Tenhornedbeast. Creepy as fuck and I bet is amazing with headphones. Looks like a 2018 release but I don't care. [EDIT] actually this version seems to be longer than the 2018 release.

Hum Sufferer

Somewhat challenging black / doom. Is far more higher frequency than doom usually is, so feels like slowed down black metal in a way.

Very nice prog stoner sludge.

My Diligence

Sick music with sick art (extra big because look at it).

27.01.2019 - 17:42
Unhealer
Eclecticist
Just French people being weird. Avant jazz with death metal vocals, and some other things. Sounds really promising.

28.01.2019 - 05:48
3rdWorld
China was a neat
-Core attaxx!!

Highy death tinged hardcore especially apparent from the vocals.

Gulch

Hardcore split from two New Orleans bands. Torture garden plays a crusty thrash while The World Is a vampire plays more of a bassy grunge-influenced core.

Torture Garden / The World is a Vampire

Well and The World is a Vampire's another split releasing simultaneously features Cloud Rat which is one of the best core bands active today.

Cloud Rat / The World Is a Vampire

28.01.2019 - 14:21
Mercurial

Absolutely hecking exquisite post / prog metal with an underlying -core element. I've not heard something quite like this before. Somewhat abstract, with a focus on instrumental textures, it becomes a shapeless form of percussion and sound, whilst still just about holding on to that metalcore vibe. These guys are the real deal. Just when you think the albums gets a little too chill, it ramps it up into some off-kilter -core stuff (especially on "K") and kills it even more.

Retina

New album-length EP from Five The Hierophant. Bizarre, riualistic jazz and dark ambient experimentation.

Five the Hierophant

Other nuggets:

Pretty nice, raw space black metal.

KVELDRIĐA

Solid blackgaze, with nice art.

Somn
28.01.2019 - 15:18
LuciferOfGayness
Account deleted
New L'Acéphale, first track - semi raw black metal with some folky ambient parts

29.01.2019 - 20:46
3rdWorld
China was a neat
As if the new Neoandertals wasn't enough, another maddening display of extreme death metal is oncoming in the form of new Encenathrakh.

29.01.2019 - 23:25
Mercurial

Funereal Presence got a new song out (Negative Plane member's band). Sounds rougher than the amazing debut but still rife with delicious, swirling, heavy metal-laden blackened deliciousness.

31.01.2019 - 12:14
Mercurial

Rather good Chilean prog / tech-death that focuses on a moody atmosphere instead of spazzy instrumentation.

Target

Enon Chapel, some kind of massively ballsy sounding punk, maybe thrashy, black metal. Oomph.

Full thing here