Metal Storm logo
New Album Recommendations 2019

Original post

Posted by 3rdWorld, 14.11.2018 - 08:36
Recommend metal albums from 2019.

Dissonant black death from Denver, Colorado.

Noctambulist

16.03.2019 - 19:45
Unhealer
Eclecticist
New release from Les Acteurs De l'Ombre, fantastic post-atmoblack

18.03.2019 - 23:35
Unhealer
Eclecticist
Two absolutely different things here:

First, new album from Akasha. Fantastic upbeat style, raw black metal with artwork done by Wrest. This is causing quite some hype everywhere, but I don't remember seeing it here.

Next, second part of the Ex Libris trilogy EPs. I insist, this and the previous chapter must be the only good symphonic releases that came out in maybe... 10 years? The genre is so overdone that I didn't expect anything this good would show up nowadays.
Try to ignore the shitty artwork.

23.03.2019 - 12:59
3rdWorld
China was a neat
First track from the upcoming leftover tracks Gnaw their tongues album "An Eternity of Pain, an eternity of suffering".

24.03.2019 - 02:31
tominator
At best deranged
Psychedelic doom from the USA. Their second record and it's quite a bit heavier in terms of sound than their debut from what I remember.

25.03.2019 - 14:20
Starvynth
i c deaf people
Written by Unhealer on 18.03.2019 at 23:35

First, new album from Akasha. Fantastic upbeat style, raw black metal with artwork done by Wrest. This is causing quite some hype everywhere, but I don't remember seeing it here.

Sorry for reposting this, but I believe Akasha to have enough potential for becoming one of the next bigger things in black metal.

They blend semi-melodic blackness with chaotic dissonance, clean and distorded guitars with audible bass lines, harsh, venoumos vocals with crisp lead themes, bits and pieces of ritual ambient with blackened thrash, galopping riffs with eerie, haunting interludes and short doomy parts with raw, blasting black metal fury and even some sporadic speckles of traditional heavy metal.
The only thing they do not blend, mix or dilute is the filth. The filth is raw but pure and black.

In spite of the many influences and ingrediences, they manage to create a very homogenous atmosphere and the 49 minutes of their debut full-length do sound like a very tight, monolithic and truly unified whole.

Usually, I am not a sucker for dissonant black metal at all, but in this case, the hype is real and rightful.
----
signatures = SPAM
25.03.2019 - 20:08
3rdWorld
China was a neat
Tracks that didn't make the upcoming full length album. Hence a new full length album.

Gnaw Their Tongues
26.03.2019 - 22:53
Unhealer
Eclecticist
Here's some really good French post-black, mixed by Jacob Buczarski from Mare Cognitum.

27.03.2019 - 00:59
ZÖN

Immensely sick technical and tightly woven black metal that I would imagine has already been mentioned
----
http://www.last.fm/user/templeruins

https://ququmatz.bandcamp.com/releases Progressive/experimental black metal
https://znmusic.bandcamp.com/ Avant-garde drone metal, ambient, noise
https://noosefiller.bandcamp.com/ Experimental raw black metal/noise
02.04.2019 - 06:01
Unhealer
Eclecticist
Is there any point in listening to new melodeath bands nowadays? WELL, YES.

02.04.2019 - 23:28
RaduP
CertifiedHipster
Dunno if this was posted before or not, but damn that's one of the best death metal I've heard all year. To be released by I, Voidhanger.

Hot damn fun drunk sweaty folk metal

----
Do you think if the heart keeps on shrinking
One day there will be no heart at all?
03.04.2019 - 20:22
3rdWorld
China was a neat
Another year month week, another Mories project and album. Chilled up blackgaze.

Golden Ashes

04.04.2019 - 12:25
mz

Some fun death metal with proper producion:
Triumvir Foul- VT​-​XXIV || Urine of Abomination
----
Giving my ears a rest from music.
04.04.2019 - 12:35
mz

Written by Mercurial on 22.11.2018 at 23:25

Written by RaduP on 22.11.2018 at 21:59

Great, another thread I'm not gonna be able to keep up with

Tbh no one listens to these recs anyway so I might just keep it down to the very, very best stuff that isn't on MS at the time.

I do
----
Giving my ears a rest from music.
04.04.2019 - 23:00
Mercurial

Written by mz on 04.04.2019 at 12:35

I do

Good then, shame I kinda got bored of music for the time being.

This seems like it'll be great though. Experimental black.

Nyss

And some slightly dissonant Profound Lore black / death while I'm here, too. Features John Gossard of Weakling, etc.

Consummation
06.04.2019 - 19:50
LuciferOfGayness
Account deleted
New BigIBrave single out since a couple of days. Modern, modern doom. It will probably top that magazines list which name I cant remember anymore - as its hip. It doesnt make it bad, on the contrary its great again.

07.04.2019 - 08:05
3rdWorld
China was a neat
Hellyeah. New track from the upcoming Midnight odyssey album Biolume to be released on I, Voidhanger records.

08.04.2019 - 11:57
Starvynth
i c deaf people
Advent Sorrow - new album Kali Yuga Crown announced for April, title track sounds promising.

----
signatures = SPAM
08.04.2019 - 16:42
Mercurial

Lovely trance-inducing black metal from the UK on Sentient Ruin. Sadly only 10 minutes long.

Decoherence

Just for the sake of it, another thing from Sentient Ruin. This one is a suffocating industrial affair, with a heavy noise / rhythmic noise component.

Hold Me Down

Nucleus are back too. One of the best Demilich-alikes.

10.04.2019 - 18:23
Mercurial

More crazy blackened psychedelia from Sleepwalker.

10.04.2019 - 22:00
LuciferOfGayness
Account deleted
Written by Mercurial on 10.04.2019 at 18:23

More crazy blackened psychedelia from Sleepwalker.

beat me to it, added, no time to listen though
10.04.2019 - 22:32
Mercurial

Written by Guest on 10.04.2019 at 22:00

beat me to it, added, no time to listen though

Only one track so far though I think
11.04.2019 - 00:45
3rdWorld
China was a neat
New full length Yhdarl record. Torturous blackened drone doom from belgium.

11.04.2019 - 01:33
Mercurial

Kinda glad it's not 5 hours long this time.
11.04.2019 - 02:30
tominator
At best deranged
Instrumental stoner metal from France. It has a bit of a Stonilla and Universal Hippies vibe. Good atmospheric and punchy sound they got on this album.
11.04.2019 - 13:08
Mercurial

Lvcifyre repping the UK's cavernous, nasty death metal scene again.

Lvcifyre

New thing coming out on Tchornobog's record label. Only 2 songs by the looks of it but this is my kind of psychedelic bm.

Ghriéving
12.04.2019 - 18:06
Mercurial

Nekrasov bring the quality, hellish black metal / power electronics / noise mashup.

Nekrasov
14.04.2019 - 02:40
tominator
At best deranged
Psychedelic stoner metal with a touch of doom mixed into it. Really enjoyed this one. Vocals are kind of what you expect from the genre but overall they are solid. Guitars sound nice, I only wish the drums would be a bit more prominent in the mix.

15.04.2019 - 12:32
Mercurial

Two more Terratvr Posessions delights.

Another Misotheist release coming up, this time a full length.

And some rather nice sounding second wave Polish bm with a heavy folky sense of melody, from Deus Mortem.

15.04.2019 - 18:28
tominator
At best deranged
Instrumental psychedelic stoner metal from the UK. One of my favourites so far this year. Really nice bass, great guitar tone and drums that are prominent yet not over-ruling in the mix. I really enjoyed the atmosphere of this record. Gripping from start to finish.

And another stoner metal record. This one is from Switzerland. Very nice vocals, punchy guitars, powerful sounding drums and pounding bass. Again a blast from start to finish imo.

15.04.2019 - 23:20
Mercurial

Suspiral are back. This artwork may be even prettier than the last one. Some kind of cavernous, hypnotic black metal, but something about it sounds different from the usual. Good stuff, nice use of repetition.

Suspiral