Metal Storm logo
New Album Recommendations 2019

Original post

Posted by 3rdWorld, 14.11.2018 - 08:36
Recommend metal albums from 2019.

Dissonant black death from Denver, Colorado.

Noctambulist

16.04.2019 - 12:38
Mercurial

So if the Black Twilight Circle wasn't enough, Portugal now have their own round-shaped collective, called the Aldebaran Circle. Probably closer in sound to LLN, but this doesn't sound bad, and kinda weird.

VOËMMR

The other bands in the circle are Occelensbrigg, Ordem Satânica and Trono Além Morte. Occelensbrigg sound quite good too, probably the best. The other two, not so much.

Pretty sure 4 bands makes a square, not a circle, but there you go.

Also, this is now out on Iron Bonehead, so I can finally post that glorious artwork without artifacts.

Vitriol

The Polish are owning it this year. Rather good, if not quite my bag, modernised black that spills over into folk and post-black.

POPIÓŁ

And punkish black that sounds far different from the usual mix.

GRUZJA
19.04.2019 - 18:19
3rdWorld
China was a neat
Verwoed's first full length. Dutch black metal at its finest.

19.04.2019 - 20:06
Unhealer
Eclecticist
Written by 3rdWorld on 19.04.2019 at 18:19

Verwoed's first full length. Dutch black metal at its finest.

Damn this is good!!!
25.04.2019 - 14:38
LuciferOfGayness
Account deleted
Full new two-song ep Leechfeast, that is sludge for those who havent heard

26.04.2019 - 23:51
Unhealer
Eclecticist
Despite appearances, this band is from Portland. Pretty standard black metal, but production is on point and the riffs are fantastic.

28.04.2019 - 18:24
Maco
Pvt Funderground
New Verwoed YES!
----
Crackhead Megadeth reigns supreme.
01.05.2019 - 03:22
Mercurial

!N.E.W.! !T.O.O.H.!

Seems like a return to their previous approaches. Some sound and flourish differences, but I think people will like this more than Democratic Solution. I dig it. For the uninitiated: weird, technical grind.

01.05.2019 - 17:18
nikarg

Written by Mercurial on 01.05.2019 at 03:22

!N.E.W.! !T.O.O.H.!

Haven't checked this out yet, but definitely cover artwork of the year contender.
02.05.2019 - 19:28
Unhealer
Eclecticist
Damn guys, listen to this right now it is perfect. Best avant-garde I've heard in a looong time. I would have never checked this out based on that artwork but I saw this recommended and good thing I did.

02.05.2019 - 22:20
Vombatus
Potorro
Well, hello there.

DEATHSPELL OMEGA "The Furnaces of Palingenesia".
Interesting fact: 11 songs, 45 minutes, recorded live and mixed on analog gear, 2018

https://deathspellomega.bandcamp.com/track/ad-arma-ad-arma

07.05.2019 - 22:15
LuciferOfGayness
Account deleted
New Crawl ep, streaming in full. Tormented sludge is probably the genre

10.05.2019 - 21:43
LuciferOfGayness
Account deleted
At last... Celestial Grave debut coming, black metal.
11.05.2019 - 02:36
tominator
At best deranged
Heavy metal from the USA. This one has a strong "Cure" vibe going on, especially in the vocal department. That's probably the biggest reason why I liked this record from start to finish even though it doesn't really bring anything unique to the table.

11.05.2019 - 19:16
Mercurial

Guttural, nasty doom of some kind with great dense atmospherics. What a sound. Guitars sound a little like classic GTT.

Gourd
13.05.2019 - 14:37
LuciferOfGayness
Account deleted
Raw black metal - K.F.R (كافر)

15.05.2019 - 16:27
Mercurial

Forgot about this, but it's out now. Sadly the whole EP doesn't quite have that really cool Terminal Spirit Disease vibe that the final track has to the same degree (still a tiny bit though), but it's still some fine Dutch black metal.

Jubal
17.05.2019 - 12:07
CarolynDenton

Thank you guys for sharing all these releases. Found a few interesting new albums and bands to tune in:banger:
----
New CanadaWriters competition launched. The topic is "Music is a language that doesn't speak in particular words"
20.05.2019 - 17:36
Starvynth
i c deaf people
Illyria (Australia) - The Carpathian Summit

Beautiful blend of atmo black, blackgaze, post-metal and progressive metal, yet sounding monolithic.

----
signatures = SPAM
20.05.2019 - 23:11
Mercurial

This seems kinda weird, decent and challenging as black metal goes. Nice art too.

Hornwood Fell

Full thing here.
21.05.2019 - 20:31
tominator
At best deranged
Really excellent progressive rock/psychedelic rock from Iceland. Gave it a couple of listens these last few days and I'm hooked to it. Pace is great and it offers a lot variation. From frantic moments to very soft relaxing moments and everything in-between.

23.05.2019 - 10:43
Mercurial

Stoner / Sludge / Trad-Doom mix up. Honestly sounds leagues ahead of its peers, particularly in its gloomy sound and booming riffs. Necessary.

Age of The Wolf

Very decent proggy stoner from Druids. Mostly posting because of the Mark Facey art.

Druids

Rather good, semi-blackened / deathened avant-garde. Some nice art associated with the album, too.

Cthuluminati
25.05.2019 - 20:32
tominator
At best deranged
Listened to the "Age Of The Wolf" album yesterday. Pretty solid album with some really good moments in it. Could have used a bit more variation imo though. Still the atmosphere is thick in this one and the riffs are indeed very powerful sounding.

Good recommendation. Glad I gave it a listen. I'd say it's definitely worth a listen if you are a fan of the doom/stoner genre.
27.05.2019 - 02:25
tominator
At best deranged
Stoner rock/doom rock from the USA. Really liked the groove of this album. The 70s vibe of the production fits perfectly with the music. Very enjoyable album imo.

27.05.2019 - 14:24
Paz
Nuclear Cowboy
The real (?) Batushka streaming online. I'm confused

29.05.2019 - 00:39
Mercurial

Rather good sounding sludge / post-metal hybrid with prog tendencies, though doesn't come across as proggy, but rather quite energetic and heavy hitting.

Adrift
(Full thing here)

Only one song, but this seems like it'll be some rollicking good psyche-rock, with some rather metallic sounding, almost Volahn-ish riffage.

Kaleidobolt
29.05.2019 - 05:29
Maco
Pvt Funderground
Extremely well done Funeral Doom from Spain, released by Solitude Productions, like Quercus you won't find anything innovative, but it's so well done I won't complain.

Este No Es Tu Hogar
----
Crackhead Megadeth reigns supreme.
30.05.2019 - 14:57
Mercurial

Seriously evil, downtrodden black metal. Great, hellish vocals too.

Ancient Hostility
31.05.2019 - 02:52
tominator
At best deranged
I think I've found a contender for best album on my end of the year list! Psychedelic/progressive/stoner metal from Belgium (How did I not know these guys before today!?!?). High octane record with great riffs (holy damn the start of "Backstabber"!), strong atmosphere and lots of variety. As a sidenote: I also really like the cover art.

And another record where intensity can be found throughout the record as well as some excellent groove. This is instrumental psychedelic/stoner metal from Portugal. Lots of punch in the guitars (great riffs) and powerful drums. Really consistent in terms of quality. Enjoyable from start to finish. (funky cover art as well).

31.05.2019 - 15:16
Mercurial

I posted the My Diligence album on here a while back so you should have heard it before today

I don't know if this band is called Unknown Artist, or they're just literally unknown, but if you want a solitary 28 minute track of twisted, hardcore-laden blackened monsterousness then you should get to known them.

Unknown Artist
31.05.2019 - 15:39
tominator
At best deranged
Written by Mercurial on 31.05.2019 at 15:16

I posted the My Diligence album on here a while back so you should have heard it before today

Oh god, I must have missed that post then. Completely my bad. You're right now it's even more unexplainable as to why I didn't know tthem before.