Metal Storm logo
In Flames - Tease New Music, Announce Second Festival

It looks like In Flames' own festival will continue for a second year. The Swedish heavy music giants announce news of their second annual two-day festival, Borgholm Brinner (Borgholm Is Burning), happening on August 2nd and 3rd, 2019. The lineup is to be announced, but fans can expect another two-night performance with In Flames headlining and a variety of today's top metal and rock artists.

The festival will again take place in the unique setting of the Borgholm Castle on the island of Öland, Sweden. Fans can purchase tickets and VIP packages on Monday, November 26th via http://borgholmbrinner.se/en/ at 10am CET.

"This first year doing Borgholm Brinner was such a surreal moment in our career. It's always been a dream to do something of that caliber, and it was more magical and special than we could have ever imagined. Being the first festival to take place on the Borgholm castle grounds was exciting and also taught us a lot about what we can do to make next year an even better experience for fans. We're really excited and thankful to everyone who continues to follow our music and stay with us on this journey. In Jesterheads We Trust." - Vocalist and co-curator of Borgholm Brinner, Anders Fridén.

In other important news, In Flames continue to tease fans with never before seen lyrics, alluding to new music coming soon, to follow Battles (2016).

Source: nuclearblast.de
Band profile: In Flames
Posted: 22.11.2018 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 18   Visited by: 195 users
22.11.2018 - 14:46
FeskarN

This band is so dead for me for several years back now.. Why can't they just quit? No original member left and they sound like a cover band when they play older songs live.. It's just sad
----
The Land Is Silent... Before The Storm!
22.11.2018 - 15:56
MyNameJeff

I have one statement to make, here it goes:

"Limp Bizkit is more metal than In Flames at this point."

22.11.2018 - 16:28
Maco
Pvt Funderground
Whatever
----
Crackhead Megadeth reigns supreme.
22.11.2018 - 17:06
IBlackened

Oh yeah, this band still exists. By now, I'm only curious to see how bad they can get.
----
Their old stuff is better.
22.11.2018 - 20:26
BlankFile

There was a time when i used to love this band, maybe 18 years ago. To this day, i still wonder why they changed so much and for the worse. I just don´t get it. Clayman was their last great álbum. From that time forward, they´ve only released shit.
22.11.2018 - 21:16
zikon

Thanks for ruining my day.
----
"The poetry of the earth is never dead" John Keats
22.11.2018 - 22:43
s_t_s

Written by BlankFile on 22.11.2018 at 20:26

There was a time when i used to love this band, maybe 18 years ago. To this day, i still wonder why they changed so much and for the worse. I just don´t get it. Clayman was their last great álbum. From that time forward, they´ve only released shit.

Started to listen to them with Soundtrack To Your Escape so to me Clayman was no reference. I liked some of the following albums but I have lost all hope in IF for several years now.
23.11.2018 - 05:00
cossaisVendeurs

Who are they supposed to be teasing?
23.11.2018 - 05:04
EricAxel36

Please no more
23.11.2018 - 07:30
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
What a bunch of high school kids I found here.
23.11.2018 - 15:48
BlankFile

Written by s_t_s on 22.11.2018 at 22:43

Started to listen to them with Soundtrack To Your Escape so to me Clayman was no reference. I liked some of the following albums but I have lost all hope in IF for several years now.

I kind of spent my final teen years listening to lots of melodic death metal bands back in 1999/2000, and In Flames was one of my favourite. The transition from Clayman to Reroute to Remain was a dramatic change in their sound, I couldn´t quite cope with that and gave up on them, when i realised they weren´t going back to their classic melo death sound.
25.11.2018 - 22:30
s_t_s

Written by BlankFile on 23.11.2018 at 15:48

Written by s_t_s on 22.11.2018 at 22:43

I kind of spent my final teen years listening to lots of melodic death metal bands back in 1999/2000, and In Flames was one of my favourite. The transition from Clayman to Reroute to Remain was a dramatic change in their sound, I couldn´t quite cope with that and gave up on them, when i realised they weren´t going back to their classic melo death sound.

I see what you mean yet I like their Reroute To Remain sound. What they have become over the last years is way beyond what I can take from any band though.
28.11.2018 - 13:47
annodomini

----
the riddle wants to be...
28.11.2018 - 17:58
Azenna

The new teaser definitely exceeds Siren Charms/Battles and they appear to be using a older sound.
Hope the album holds up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQa0VbsNQMA&list=LL_PNTnQTvNEgyv0PYcrtd1A&t=0s&index=2
30.11.2018 - 19:36
BloodJuNkie
Of Egypt
Written by cossaisVendeurs on 23.11.2018 at 05:00

Who are they supposed to be teasing?

Umm their families?
30.11.2018 - 19:37
BloodJuNkie
Of Egypt

I actually think their sales have increased since they turned into shit, check Youtube views for their old and new stuff!
30.11.2018 - 19:39
BloodJuNkie
Of Egypt
Written by Azenna on 28.11.2018 at 17:58

The new teaser definitely exceeds Siren Charms/Battles and they appear to be using a older sound.
Hope the album holds up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQa0VbsNQMA&list=LL_PNTnQTvNEgyv0PYcrtd1A&t=0s&index=2

I remember seeing such optimism when they released their "The End" track from their last below-mediocre album. So I can tell for sure it won't hold up!
01.12.2018 - 17:15
BlankFile

Written by BloodJuNkie on 30.11.2018 at 19:37

I actually think their sales have increased since they turned into shit, check Youtube views for their old and new stuff!

In a way, it doesn´t surprise me at all. People make choices. It is what it is.

Hits total: 3273 | This month: 4