Metal Storm logo
Hellfest 2019 - Full Line-up Revealed

Hellfest Open Air Festival has announced a whole lot of more bands for the 2019 line-up. After the initial announcement, it's time to check out the full line-up now. The festival will take place from 21st, 22nd and 23rd June 2019 in Clisson, France and it's already sold out. Notable performances include KISS, Manowar, Tool, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Slayer, King Diamond, The Sisters of Mercy, Carcass, Emperor and Tom G. Warrior performing the music of Hellhammer.

Tom Gabriel Warrior has put together a band called Triumph of Death, who will be performing the music of his short-lived early '80s, pre-Celtic Frost band Hellhammer, whose music he has almost never performed live. Hellfest is Triumph of Death's first-announced show.

Triumph Of Death lineup:

Tom Gabriel Warrior (Hellhammer, Celtic Frost, Triptykon) - voice/guitars
Mia Wallace (Niryth, The True Endless, Kirlian Camera) - bass
Michael Zech (Secrets Of The Moon, Odem Arcarum) - guitar/vocals
Alessandro Commerio (Forgotten Tomb, Hiems) - drums

This press release was also released: "Hellhammer existed for a mere two years, from May 1982 to May 1984. During this time, the band wrote material for three demos, one 12" EP, and the legendary Death Metal compilation album, along with a number of unrecorded songs. In light of Hellhammer's now mythically iconic status in the global metal scene, it is almost inconceivable that most of this music has never been performed live.

"Hellhammer's successor group, Celtic Frost, formed by ex-Hellhammer members Tom Gabriel Warrior and Martin Eric Ain, initially played two of Hellhammer's songs but soon abandoned this habit due to the band rapidly developing its own material. Tom Gabriel Warrior's Triptykon, founded in 2008, have played one or the other rare Hellhammer song during special occasions. The vast body of Hellhammer's work remains unperformed, however. Until now.

"The resurrection of the music of Hellhammer has been an idea Tom Gabriel Warrior and Martin Eric Ain have discussed for many years, sparked not least by their renewed collaboration in the reformed Celtic Frost in the 2000s and by the years of work on Warrior's second book Only Death Is Real (2009), which details the history of Hellhammer and early Celtic Frost."

Tom Gabriel Warrior: "Hellhammer will never return and will never be reformed. It is absolutely impossible to reform a band so closely linked to a very specific and unique period in time. I never considered it, no matter how substantial the offers that were pitched to me over the years. But Hellhammer's music exists, and it is an extremely important part of my life's path. And I would like to play it onstage before my demise."

"The first step towards the realization of Triumph Of Death, named after Hellhammer's most infamous song and intended to be a very respectful and authentic tribute to Hellhammer, were taken years ago. Triumph Of Death consists of some of Warrior's closest friends; individuals who not only love this music but truly understand it. The line-up emulates Hellhammer's final incarnation of April/May 1984, when the group had added an additional guitarist. Triumph Of Death will commence playing Hellhammer's music onstage in 2019. It is a project with an open end. Apart from wage considerations to perhaps release an occasional live EP, Triumph Of Death will not record any new music but is solely dedicated to performing both well-known and obscure Hellhammer songs. The project is based in Zurich, Switzerland."

Source: hellfest.fr
Event: Hellfest Open Air 2019
Posted: 27.11.2018 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 6   Visited by: 102 users
27.11.2018 - 14:41
VIG
Account deleted
Not their best line-up, but it is great. Probably the only festival of this size I would ever go to.
27.11.2018 - 15:18
nikarg
Staff
I had no idea the Sisters are still touring..
27.11.2018 - 18:08
Baz Anderson
Staff
I think it gets to a point where a festival line-up is too good, and you end up missing out on bands you'd love to see!
28.11.2018 - 02:47
IBlackened
Written by Baz Anderson on 27.11.2018 at 18:08

I think it gets to a point where a festival line-up is too good, and you end up missing out on bands you'd love to see!

First world problems.
----
Their old stuff is better.
28.11.2018 - 03:14
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite

So go to crappy fests such as Wacken and Graspop and Bloodstock and you won't have that problem.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

28.11.2018 - 11:23
Abattoir
Staff
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 28.11.2018 at 03:14

So go to crappy fests such as Wacken and Graspop and Bloodstock and you won't have that problem.

Well, this Hellfest line-up doesn't impress either...

Hits total: 3189 | This month: 5