Metal Storm logo
The Dark Element - Working On New Album

The Dark Element, the melodic project of guitarist and songwriter Jani Liimatianen ( Cain's Offering, ex- Sonata Arctica and Altaria) and vocalist Anette Olzon (ex- Nightwish), are back in the studio. The Finnish/Swedish duo will release their sophomore album, tentatively by fall 2019, as announced by Frontiers Music Srl.

Vocalist Anette Olzon shared her thoughts: "I'm so excited that me and Jani will make new music again! Our first album is still proving to be such an amazing ride for me and it turned out to be maybe the best thing I've ever done, so far. Great songs are in the works and of course me and Jani will have so much fun hearing how the album grows from simple demos to the final master. I've recorded some first vocal demos and can already say that this will be as fun recording as the first one! Great times ahead and I can't wait for you to hear our album number 2!"

Jani Liimtainen added: "[My] journey with wonderful Anette and the excellent Frontiers label will continue. The first album turned out even better than I had hoped and the reception we we got from the fans was unbelievable. During this past spring, I started putting together some new material for us and now all the songs are written. I am writing this on Wednesday, 21st of November, and by this time next week we are already going to be in the studio laying down the drum tracks for what I am sure will be another excellent album. So what can you expect? Musically, I think the album picks up where the last album left off. It's very heavy, but still hyper melodic, and this time we are even exploring new musical territories we didn't on the previous album. Now that me and Anette have one album together under our belts, we have found the style we want to pursue and also the ideal way of working together. Given all this, I think it's safe to say that with the next album you'll get even more of what made the first album so good, only it's gonna be bigger, better and bolder!"

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: The Dark Element
Posted: 28.11.2018 by Kais

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 7   Visited by: 61 users
28.11.2018 - 11:47
phanto

Cool. the first album was good and catchy as hell
28.11.2018 - 12:31
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Yeah, this should be interesting.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
28.11.2018 - 13:00
Spacerunner

Jani is a power metal genius. Both Dark Element and "Stormcrow" remind me of times when Nightwish, Sonata Arctica and Stratovarius ruled the scene but with a nice modern touch. I love this type of music.
28.11.2018 - 23:20
Azarath
Free as a.. Fish
Looking forward to it.
29.11.2018 - 22:37
mskywalker18

That's some great news! I just wish they'll give Jani as much time as he really needs to make this album great as well as the first one.
29.11.2018 - 23:20
Riplimbs

You guys should check this one , also close to nightwish/ Amaranthe and they are too from Finland , Memoira is the band and song is called: Dawn of time - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqfZHOMA1VU
30.11.2018 - 15:58
Kais

Written by Riplimbs on 29.11.2018 at 23:20

You guys should check this one , also close to nightwish/ Amaranthe and they are too from Finland , Memoira is the band and song is called: Dawn of time - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqfZHOMA1VU

I did, it's pretty good. But it has nothing interesting or new I haven't heard before.
I wish they'd find 'boom' factor, though - there's potential here.

Hits total: 2815 | This month: 11