Metal Storm logo
Taake

19.05.2007 - 15:21
Lathronniel

Taake is one-man band by Høst - vocals and guitars,from Norway - Bergen, formed in 1993. Taake means 'Fog', previous name - 'Thule'.
One of my favourites! Argh...respect to Høst.

What do you think about this band?
----
I amar prestar aen, han mathon ne nen, han mathon ne chae a han noston ned 'wilith...
19.05.2007 - 22:19
Artemis
Account deleted
Ha! Morgiliath u had to write a topic about Taake...u I like their melody stretching through the tracks and love the atmosphere!
19.05.2007 - 23:40
Southern Wind
Account deleted
Taake makes me remember the story of the emperor's new clothes... they had became unbeliabavle respected among black metal elitists, but they're just another average band playing the genre, with nothing especial to offer... their album Nattestid is a decent Burzum rip-off, the rest of their discography is not worthy.
20.05.2007 - 12:37
Basso
Account deleted
I really enjoy their Nattestid album, other than that I find it a rather boring band. I always laugh when I think about taake. The picture of Höst showing his necro balls live is so silly...
20.05.2007 - 17:29
Artemis
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 19.05.2007 at 23:40

Taake makes me remember the story of the emperor's new clothes... they had became unbeliabavle respected among black metal elitists, but they're just another average band playing the genre, with nothing especial to offer... their album Nattestid is a decent Burzum rip-off, the rest of their discography is not worthy.

I don't think they're so average like u say. We all know that they are not the first one who started the black metal scene, but steel i think that they have some unique parts in their music. Personally Nattestid is my fav album, like i'm not so into Taake, but appreciate them cause i find their music special on some way. Despite all of this, everyone of us has its own right to decide if we like the band or not. Greetings
20.05.2007 - 17:32
Artemis
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 20.05.2007 at 12:37

I really enjoy their Nattestid album, other than that I find it a rather boring band. I always laugh when I think about taake. The picture of Höst showing his necro balls live is so silly...

Like i alredy said, Nattesid is my fav album too. I can't say that Taake are boring...
Necro balls... Yes, that is so... funny Host....
20.05.2007 - 17:53
Damnated
Churchburner
they're pretty good, and although i haven't listened to them for some time, i like them. defenetly one of the more interesting bands from norway
----
Blessed is he that murders Christ in himself and in his fellow men.

Written by TheBigRossowski on 10.02.2009 at 16:01

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
21.05.2007 - 15:31
APOHAKC
The Bard
I listened them during high-school, and I never was some big fan of his music. But almost all of my friends really like this band. Few weeks ago I put 'Doedskvad' in my CD player and tryied to listen to it couple of times, it is good album, but... not for me..
----
They say that we are gone but I can't let you down
The heathen faith will rise again we won't fail now
I know we cannot die forever is our time
Give my people back to me free from Christianity!!!!
21.05.2007 - 19:06
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I know this band thank's to MS and one member whit name Taake14 he are from paris
I havnt listen this band long and havnt listen much but i like them realy old school atmosfere in BM, great band
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
22.05.2007 - 22:57
Asphyxia
Account deleted
The album Bjoergvin is no good. Is it only this album, or is most of his/their sound like this?
23.05.2007 - 10:57
A.J Thunder

I havent listened much to Taake, just an couple of times through Nattestid and Bjoergving but i think Taake is quit good and has an own style and somekind of freshness in its music even if its still quit typical norwegian bm .

Nattestid is an overall good album with nice melodys creating an great atmosphere through the whole album and Bjoergving had some really good songs but the problem i find on both albums is the lack of variation and on Bjoergvin moust of the songs were wery boring.

This new album or ?mcd? i found kind of strange when just looking at the covers (havent heard it yet) seemd the styles or at least the theme had changed ?quit a bit?. Hennes kale skamlepper?
23.05.2007 - 16:35
Lathronniel

I can see that u haven't a clue of black metal there's no really slightly relation between Burzum and less with Emperor! so what the f... are u saying? esspecialy nattestid ser porten vid is great album every track has sth special as the riffs that the blasts! so listen them again and see : for exampla first part I (mmm) then part II then exelent part V than the interesting sound on the chiurs of part Vi and visuaise the nordic forest while listening the part VII!
can u do that?!
----
I amar prestar aen, han mathon ne nen, han mathon ne chae a han noston ned 'wilith...
23.05.2007 - 16:41
Lathronniel

he is great man...really great artist..if for u is borring u should try to get into his ideas and music..for example listen to part V ,part I from 3:35 and part VII...if it's borring u're really non understanding guy!
----
23.05.2007 - 17:00
Lathronniel

Written by APOHAKC on 21.05.2007 at 15:31

I listened them during high-school, and I never was some big fan of his music. But almost all of my friends really like this band. Few weeks ago I put 'Doedskvad' in my CD player and tryied to listen to it couple of times, it is good album, but... not for me..

that's ur opinion but try to get into the idea of Taake's music
----
23.05.2007 - 17:23
crtan
Account deleted
I don't listen black metal a lot,but this band have something special dark "thing" in it,that makes me to listen it:banger2:
23.05.2007 - 17:49
Lathronniel

Written by Guest on 22.05.2007 at 22:57

The album Bjoergvin is no good. Is it only this album, or is most of his/their sound like this?

hmm i love part II,III and VII ...try Nattestid Ser Porten Vid and the rpre-taake - Thule the second demo 4th track it really has pretty good rhytm
----
23.05.2007 - 19:34
APOHAKC
The Bard
@Morgiliath - I don't say that they are not good, actually album is quite ok. But it is just not Black Metal I like, I am more into releases like new Darkthrone or Gorgoroth - Under The Sign Of Hell. When you compares albums like that and Taake you'll see it is a little different. Anyway, I listened to your advice and I listend to Doedskvad again, well, it is ok, I got into few riffs, but still, not for me sorry
----
They say that we are gone but I can't let you down
The heathen faith will rise again we won't fail now
I know we cannot die forever is our time
Give my people back to me free from Christianity!!!!
23.05.2007 - 19:43
Basso
Account deleted
Written by Lathronniel on 23.05.2007 at 16:41

he is great man...really great artist..if for u is borring u should try to get into his ideas and music..for example listen to part V ,part I from 3:35 and part VII...if it's borring u're really non understanding guy!

No matter what you say I still claim that Nattestid is the only release I like from Taake.
24.05.2007 - 00:00
Southern Wind
Account deleted
Written by Lathronniel on 23.05.2007 at 16:35

I can see that u haven't a clue of black metal there's no really slightly relation between Burzum and less with Emperor! so what the f... are u saying? esspecialy nattestid ser porten vid is great album every track has sth special as the riffs that the blasts! so listen them again and see : for exampla first part I (mmm) then part II then exelent part V than the interesting sound on the chiurs of part Vi and visuaise the nordic forest while listening the part VII!
can u do that?!

Read posts more carefully before saying that someone hasn't a clue on black metal girlie... you have to be deaf to not hear the "heavy influence" (let's call it that way) of Burzum in Taake, and I never said that they sound like Emperor
24.05.2007 - 02:31
Tarzan
Account deleted
Personaly I'm far away from beeing Taake fan but somehow I had the oportunity to listen some of their stuff.
Not bad,not bad at all.
You may find some influence by other bands,but, in the end,who hasn't ?
24.05.2007 - 11:39
A.J Thunder

Written by Guest on 24.05.2007 at 00:00

can u do that?!

Read posts more carefully before saying that someone hasn't a clue on black metal girlie... you have to be deaf to not hear the "heavy influence" (let's call it that way) of Burzum in Taake, and I never said that they sound like Emperor

Influences is one thing, but ripp off?
I myself cant really find similiaritys with burzum in Taakes music, !count me in the duo of deafs !. I think Emperor has more of the same elements that Taake.
25.05.2007 - 13:32
Lathronniel

can u do that?!

wow which band has NO influence?huh?those are the riffs u can use them if u wanna am i right? also the vocal is very different...about the music...most of the bands have influence...for examle...ur chilean band Folkheim i really like some track of theirs...but! when i first heard them i thoufgt they were ssr band...so there sre very similarities and influences of the original folk of chile and great similarity with ssr folk so can i say they are copying or similar? plsease answer me which band has no influence of sth?maybe taake find theirs in burzum's art!
----
25.05.2007 - 13:34
Lathronniel

Written by Guest on 23.05.2007 at 19:43

Written by Lathronniel on 23.05.2007 at 16:41

No matter what you say I still claim that Nattestid is the only release I like from Taake.

so mine was too and still is on the top but try to understand the other..get some demos or pre Taake - Thule they are great similar to nattestid
----
25.05.2007 - 13:43
Artemis
Account deleted

can u do that?!

@Morgiliath good point,which artist has no influence of something?! and i can't hear none of the "heavy influence" maybe a little bit which has every band cause u can use some riff and put it in good composition..that isn't that!
25.05.2007 - 14:07
Lathronniel

can u do that?!

btw burzum is depressive, taake is more dinamic and melodic
----
25.05.2007 - 15:14
Lathronniel

Written by APOHAKC on 23.05.2007 at 19:34

@Morgiliath - I don't say that they are not good, actually album is quite ok. But it is just not Black Metal I like, I am more into releases like new Darkthrone or Gorgoroth - Under The Sign Of Hell. When you compares albums like that and Taake you'll see it is a little different. Anyway, I listened to your advice and I listend to Doedskvad again, well, it is ok, I got into few riffs, but still, not for me sorry

that's ur taste i understand
----
25.05.2007 - 15:33
Crow_Princess

Hmmm, tell me, which album should I try?? Which is the best and the most interesting??

I heard Doedskvad but it didn't impress me very much actually.. So I just wonder if this is the right album to start with...
----
*I have made a decision... I will live until W-Lash allows me to die... :love:*
25.05.2007 - 17:40
Lathronniel

Written by Crow_Princess on 25.05.2007 at 15:33

Hmmm, tell me, which album should I try?? Which is the best and the most interesting??

I heard Doedskvad but it didn't impress me very much actually.. So I just wonder if this is the right album to start with...

Try Nattestid Ser Porten Vid and when u finish hearing try Doedskvad the 3 rd track it's very ok esspecialy in the end...
----
25.05.2007 - 19:32
Crow_Princess

Written by Lathronniel on 25.05.2007 at 17:40

Try Nattestid Ser Porten Vid and when u finish hearing try Doedskvad the 3 rd track it's very ok esspecialy in the end...

Thanks a lot... I will give it a try when I get all the tracks from this album...
----
*I have made a decision... I will live until W-Lash allows me to die... :love:*
26.05.2007 - 18:12
matos

Written by Crow_Princess on 25.05.2007 at 19:32

Written by Lathronniel on 25.05.2007 at 17:40

Thanks a lot... I will give it a try when I get all the tracks from this album...

Also good thing to know when getting into music of taake: First and last song of the album are always the best! My fav: Nattestid VII, Doedskvad I, Bjoergvin I....
----