Metal Storm logo
Taake

Original post

Posted by Lathronniel, 19.05.2007 - 15:21
Taake is one-man band by Høst - vocals and guitars,from Norway - Bergen, formed in 1993. Taake means 'Fog', previous name - 'Thule'.
One of my favourites! Argh...respect to Høst.

What do you think about this band?
28.05.2007 - 04:27
Daru Jericho
Still need to check out Nekro.

Anyway, yes, good band. Really quite stunning live, actually - better than most stagnant BM acts in this respect. Doedskvad... was a great release. However, I think I prefer the earlier stuff but the production is really a pain in the arse, even for black metal.
----
Aborted Misanthropic Smurf Puppy On Acid.

28.05.2007 - 20:48
Lathronniel
Written by matos on 26.05.2007 at 18:12

Written by Crow_Princess on 25.05.2007 at 19:32

Written by Lathronniel on 25.05.2007 at 17:40

Written by Crow_Princess on 25.05.2007 at 15:33

Hmmm, tell me, which album should I try?? Which is the best and the most interesting??

I heard Doedskvad but it didn't impress me very much actually.. So I just wonder if this is the right album to start with...

Try Nattestid Ser Porten Vid and when u finish hearing try Doedskvad the 3 rd track it's very ok esspecialy in the end...

Thanks a lot... I will give it a try when I get all the tracks from this album...

Also good thing to know when getting into music of taake: First and last song of the album are always the best! My fav: Nattestid VII, Doedskvad I, Bjoergvin I....

ha! mine are all i can't dicide ... but u can't say part V from nattestid is bad..it's not the last...
----
I amar prestar aen, han mathon ne nen, han mathon ne chae a han noston ned 'wilith...
29.05.2007 - 19:46
Lathronniel
Written by Daru Jericho on 28.05.2007 at 04:27

Still need to check out Nekro.

Anyway, yes, good band. Really quite stunning live, actually - better than most stagnant BM acts in this respect. Doedskvad... was a great release. However, I think I prefer the earlier stuff but the production is really a pain in the arse, even for black metal.

yeah me too but love their work..i recently watched one concert it was outstanding great as other times they play great and make almoast the same sound as recorded
----
I amar prestar aen, han mathon ne nen, han mathon ne chae a han noston ned 'wilith...
29.05.2007 - 20:55
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
hey I hera thay had new EP/singel out 'Necro'' its 2007 how it sounds like early Taake or thay start experments too
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
30.05.2007 - 13:46
Silvanus
Account deleted
Naaa it's just a collection of few songs which already appeared on previous vynil releases (such as splits and so on).The songs are still good but this release cannot be compared to his fullength masterpieces
30.05.2007 - 15:03
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 30.05.2007 at 13:46

Naaa it's just a collection of few songs which already appeared on previous vynil releases (such as splits and so on).The songs are still good but this release cannot be compared to his fullength masterpieces

You mean those songs are in other albums
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
30.05.2007 - 21:54
Lathronniel
Written by Bad English on 29.05.2007 at 20:55

hey I hera thay had new EP/singel out 'Necro'' its 2007 how it sounds like early Taake or thay start experments too

I have that EP IT'S GREAT
----
31.05.2007 - 13:43
Silvanus
Account deleted
Written by Bad English on 30.05.2007 at 15:03

Written by Guest on 30.05.2007 at 13:46

You mean those songs are in other albums

well no not on albums;taake released a few splits with Vidsyn I think and some other band on vynil and because not everyone listens to vynil they decided to put the songs also on a cd release called necro.If you don't have the vynil releases then you probably have never heard those songs before which are quite good but not at the level of the ones in his albums imo...
31.05.2007 - 13:47
matos
@Morgiliath: i love almost all taake songs, i'm just saying you can't be disappointed when listening to those tracks. + Nattestid is my fav. album, all it's songs are great.
A question to all fans: does anyone know what that stain-looking tattoo around Hoest nipple (it also appears on Necro cover) ? it looks kinda funney
----
31.05.2007 - 22:10
Lathronniel
Written by matos on 31.05.2007 at 13:47

@Morgiliath: i love almost all taake songs, i'm just saying you can't be disappointed when listening to those tracks. + Nattestid is my fav. album, all it's songs are great.
A question to all fans: does anyone know what that stain-looking tattoo around Hoest nipple (it also appears on Necro cover) ? it looks kinda funney

I haven't seen that tatoo.pic?.and yeah all tracks are great
----
01.06.2007 - 13:31
matos
necro cover
nipple tatto
i guessing it's a skull
----
01.06.2007 - 18:39
Lucas
Mr. Noise
elite
Looks like his mother can't paint..

Actually, the thing around his nipple looks like a crippled and misshaped Yoshi to me..
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
02.06.2007 - 15:52
Lathronniel
Written by matos on 01.06.2007 at 13:31

necro cover
nipple tatto
i guessing it's a skull

a skull?
----
02.06.2007 - 15:59
matos
Written by Lathronniel on 02.06.2007 at 15:52

necro cover
nipple tatto
i guessing it's a skull

a skull?

yeah but almost half of it is missing, and i think here is the same thing covering hoest's face:
----
02.06.2007 - 16:07
Lathronniel
Written by matos on 02.06.2007 at 15:59

necro cover
nipple tatto
i guessing it's a skull

wow u genious ..I suppose it is a skull
a skull?

yeah but almost half of it is missing, and i think here is the same thing covering hoest's face:

----
03.06.2007 - 12:53
Lathronniel
So what do u think about the new EP?
----
06.06.2007 - 02:24
matos
Nekro? well three songs only, also they were all already released in previous split albums and are not anything very special. But that still does not explain the statement Hoest made about this album: "i was hoping to lose some fans with nekro ep". (something like that)
I like the song Voldtekt the most, other two are quite average, but still good.
If he's trying to lose some fans with his releases, he'll have to try harder
----
06.06.2007 - 05:13
Southern Wind
Account deleted
I said before in this thread that I don't really enjoy Taake, as Nattestid was good but TOO Burzum-esque and I can't stand the last full-length, but I listened to Over Bjoergvin... and I changed my opinion about the band... that was indeed great, with a blissful, beautiful yet rather haunting atmosphere in the context of true black metal... nice shit.
06.06.2007 - 20:25
Kurzag
Account deleted
The EP is only worth having if you are a fan of the band. Btw, I really enjoy their albums. Nattestid... is probarly my favourite.
06.06.2007 - 22:21
Lathronniel
Written by Guest on 06.06.2007 at 05:13

I said before in this thread that I don't really enjoy Taake, as Nattestid was good but TOO Burzum-esque and I can't stand the last full-length, but I listened to Over Bjoergvin... and I changed my opinion about the band... that was indeed great, with a blissful, beautiful yet rather haunting atmosphere in the context of true black metal... nice shit.

i'm glad about it
----
06.06.2007 - 22:23
Lathronniel
Written by Guest on 06.06.2007 at 20:25

The EP is only worth having if you are a fan of the band. Btw, I really enjoy their albums. Nattestid... is probarly my favourite.

hmm...yeah for me it's great having it...i really like taake great band
----
06.06.2007 - 22:41
Lathronniel
Written by matos on 02.06.2007 at 15:59

necro cover
nipple tatto
i guessing it's a skull

pls do put more of Hoest's pics i can't find more

a skull?

----
06.06.2007 - 22:53
Southern Wind
Account deleted
Written by Lathronniel on 06.06.2007 at 22:21

i'm glad about it

being glad is not black metal, you poser!

you can deliver a diabolical grin from time to time, but never be glad about something
06.06.2007 - 23:12
Lathronniel
Written by Guest on 06.06.2007 at 22:53

i'm glad about it

you can deliver a diabolical grin from time to time, but never be glad about something

hm if i contribute for supporting the band i'm glad that's poser?wow i'll start mourning for everythink i do for the bands
----
07.06.2007 - 00:59
matos

i'm glad about it

true!
----
08.06.2007 - 10:57
Lathronniel
Written by matos on 07.06.2007 at 00:59

i'm glad about it

true!

pff so what bm rules do u think u participate?ha! baing glad about band isnt bm? i don't for people but bands yeah i do and i'm busted for it!btw u can be back on the Taake subject cause this is for the band not for saying ironic stuff for person U DON"T KNOW
----
09.06.2007 - 21:12
Artemis
Account deleted

I don't know who is poser.... Think about it... Just how stupid is that that u said....

i'm glad about it

09.06.2007 - 21:49
matos
hey everyone can we please leave all the smiling, joy and general good feeling outside this thread and continue the dark, miserable, ubermisantropic and never-smiling talk! It is not fair to the band if you feel happy any time in live, being happy when talking about black metal is a sin! So please with all serious grimness continue the debate.
----
09.06.2007 - 22:54
Lathronniel
Written by matos on 09.06.2007 at 21:49

hey everyone can we please leave all the smiling, joy and general good feeling outside this thread and continue the dark, miserable, ubermisantropic and never-smiling talk! It is not fair to the band if you feel happy any time in live, being happy when talking about black metal is a sin! So please with all serious grimness continue the debate.

whatever..have u more pics from hoest?!:necro:
----
09.06.2007 - 23:53
matos
Written by Lathronniel on 09.06.2007 at 22:54

Written by matos on 09.06.2007 at 21:49

whatever..have u more pics from hoest?!:necro:

i dons't have any pics on my pc, i found this one: google -> taake you can find more on official site.
----