Metal Storm logo
Taake

Original post

Posted by Lathronniel, 19.05.2007 - 15:21
Taake is one-man band by Høst - vocals and guitars,from Norway - Bergen, formed in 1993. Taake means 'Fog', previous name - 'Thule'.
One of my favourites! Argh...respect to Høst.

What do you think about this band?
12.06.2007 - 15:09
Lathronniel
can u tell me in what the f.. u see the burzum music in taake's?
----
I amar prestar aen, han mathon ne nen, han mathon ne chae a han noston ned 'wilith...
15.06.2007 - 18:32
matos
Written by Lathronniel on 12.06.2007 at 15:09

can u tell me in what the f.. u see the burzum music in taake's?

yes!!! i wonder that too!! fuck i can't stand Burzum's music, while taake is... my soul music.
sorry i really can't find the similarity
----
18.06.2007 - 14:04
Lathronniel
Written by Guest on 16.06.2007 at 00:01

I like the fact that Taake aren't fighting for mainstream fame (another thing is that they are popular). And the norwegian lyrics are definitely a plus! Not to mention Høsts' perceptions and outspeaking personality.

hell yeah definately very capaple man,artistic and gifted indeed!
----
I amar prestar aen, han mathon ne nen, han mathon ne chae a han noston ned 'wilith...
03.08.2007 - 17:53
Thryce
Retired Staff
Elite
According to Taake's record company, Dark Essence Records, the group's frontman Høst is currently serving a prison sentence for undisclosed offenses. A statement from the label says, "He will be out in a couple of months, and will then finish the work on the new Taake release."

(Original source, blabbermouth)

That guy sure knows how to commit these "undisclosed offenses"....
----
Your favorite band sucks.
11.08.2007 - 17:56
Lathronniel
Written by Thryce on 03.08.2007 at 17:53

According to Taake's record company, Dark Essence Records, the group's frontman Høst is currently serving a prison sentence for undisclosed offenses. A statement from the label says, "He will be out in a couple of months, and will then finish the work on the new Taake release."

(Original source, blabbermouth)

That guy sure knows how to commit these "undisclosed offenses"....

haha he sure does..hoping to go out sooner..although i don't like very much the thing that he done..but doesn't matter..it's his music that i appriciate.
----
11.08.2007 - 18:16
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
What did he do then?
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
20.08.2007 - 18:59
Infurnace
Pretty cool band. I'm getting into them lately. I've heard a couple of songs from the "Hordaland Doedskvad" record, and I must say i'm impressed. They play some solid Black Metal, with quite some melodic parts.
27.08.2007 - 14:32
Lathronniel
Written by Lucas on 11.08.2007 at 18:16

What did he do then?

he went on stage in germany with swastica sign
----
28.08.2007 - 23:17
matos
Written by Lathronniel on 27.08.2007 at 14:32

Written by Lucas on 11.08.2007 at 18:16

What did he do then?

he went on stage in germany with swastica sign

hmm didn't that happen somewhere in spring time ? i mean; shouldn't he be out by now ? in most countries thats not even a crime
----
29.08.2007 - 17:16
Basso
Account deleted
He did not go to prison for going onstage with a Swastika. He got his german tour dates cancelled and shitloads of bad publicity in germany.. thats it.
The reason he went to prison is unknown, but it woudltn surprise me at all if it was assault (something he was done before)...
17.09.2007 - 21:35
Lathronniel
Written by Guest on 29.08.2007 at 17:16

He did not go to prison for going onstage with a Swastika. He got his german tour dates cancelled and shitloads of bad publicity in germany.. thats it.
The reason he went to prison is unknown, but it woudltn surprise me at all if it was assault (something he was done before)...

i read that it was that way that he went there for the swastica thing nevermind it he is out at least i think
----
18.09.2007 - 08:35
Hembrom
Diabolic Priest
Oh , i like the band .... neat and true !!
27.09.2007 - 01:12
matos
hey there! have you heard? Hoest is back out! so beware!
he also wrote on taake official site, that most of the work for new release is done, so we can expect something new soon
----
06.11.2007 - 14:43
Lathronniel
expecting
----
21.11.2008 - 15:49
Lathronniel
Has someone listened to the new taake?
----
25.11.2008 - 01:10
ASiema113
Recently getting into Taake, especially Over Bjorgiven Graater Himmerick being one of my favorites, also been listening to Nattestid Ser Porten Vid as well. Although I found it somewhat odd and fitting that on track 3 on "Over...", there's a "boing" noise at around 3:00-4:00. I still find it somewhat amusing, but don't find it takes away from the music. Pretty good band in general.
----

Written by Guest on 18.01.2008 at 09:05

People are always at their very best when they're dead.
25.11.2008 - 02:59
matos
Written by ASiema113 on 25.11.2008 at 01:10

Recently getting into Taake, especially Over Bjorgiven Graater Himmerick being one of my favorites, also been listening to Nattestid Ser Porten Vid as well. Although I found it somewhat odd and fitting that on track 3 on "Over...", there's a "boing" noise at around 3:00-4:00. I still find it somewhat amusing, but don't find it takes away from the music. Pretty good band in general.

heheh that "boing" sound is great When i first heard it, i was like wtf was that ?! But i guess it just a confirmation that Hoest has a (great) sense of humour
About new album... well i was kinda surprised when the release was announced, of course i wanted a new album so i felt great about it. But when i've heard it i was a bit disappointed, there are some rock'n'roll influences on this album (similar to new Darkthrone) + i don't find this album as smooth as previous albums. You know the special feeling you fall into when you listen to Taake album? well i didn't get that feeling on this album. Apart from that the album is actually quite good, it's not bad, that's for sure.
----
02.12.2008 - 00:43
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Written by Guest on 02.12.2008 at 00:35
wristbands with nails on e-bay...

From the e-bay advert:

BRUTAL! VEGAN!! DIY!!!
"Iamthendesign© is not, and will not be held, responsible for any brutal injuries, excruciating pain, prolonged suffering, or detrimental physical harm caused by the wrath of the nail gauntlets. "

----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
22.01.2009 - 20:14
Bitter Dawn
Ave Sathanas!
I'm a bit slow on this, but I just got the new album the other day and can't stop listening to it, very solid work.
23.01.2009 - 15:45
TheBigRossowski
Written by Bitter Dawn on 22.01.2009 at 20:14

I'm a bit slow on this, but I just got the new album the other day and can't stop listening to it, very solid work.

So you would recommend it to a dude like me then?

The only album I have is Nattestid and that is just wicked. I was lucky enough to find it at a show back in the summer. On that note, festivals are like the best place to buy a fuck ton of CDs, no shipping, not as high prices.

You can always place your finger on that opening riff.
----
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?
25.01.2009 - 02:01
Bitter Dawn
Ave Sathanas!
The so called festivals here in North America are a bunch of bullshit, I lived in Canada for 21 years before moving to the USA, and the best show I went to was Rob Zombie, Slayer and the original Sabbath line up and that was ten years ago. Now a days I would only see Sabbath with Ozzy from that line-up; fucking Ozzfest is shit. Then again, most North American musicians are just disposable, pure trash, Europe/Scandinavia reigns surpeme.

But yeah man, the self-titled Taake album is fucking great, it's a bit differant than the other three, a bit more energy and less "depressive" (if one could say that about the other albums), I just think it's a great piece of work, IMO the best of 2008.
25.01.2009 - 07:37
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Høst's contribution to the top 10 most ridiculous black metal pics ever prevents me from taking Taake seriously hahaha.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
25.01.2009 - 13:30
Valaskjalf
Account deleted
I still have to get into the new album. I absolutely LOVE Doedskvad especially song VI - one of my favourite blackmetal songs of all. The new one probably takes a bit longer to get into....its much rawer than the previous (if thats even possible) but they used to have these really cool "hooks" in their songs, believe it or not, which I find is missing on the new album. Might change my mind over time..
26.03.2009 - 03:15
Lord_Regnier
I think Taake is an amazing band. I love all their full-lenght releases.

And it doesn't sound like Burzum (I hate Burzum).

I think Hoest is a bit crazy but he writes awesome music.
----
"Why would we fear death, when life is so much more frightening?"
29.03.2009 - 15:09
Smurfophagist
Taake is probably the only band who has managed to keep the spirit of True Norwegian Black Metal alive to this day. Nattestid Ser Portens Vid is a fucking masterpiece. And Taake don't sound like Burzum. Taake's music is full of complexity, almost in a neoclassical kind of way. And Hoest is a crazy motherfucker, he's been incarcerated several times for being extremely violent.
----
Having a signature is an absolute must.
08.04.2009 - 19:06
metalhead3
I found this on internet you should see,taake is first http://www.zonaunderground.com/default.asp?seccion=detalle_nodo&id=100375&s=8
20.04.2009 - 12:46
malefic
Account deleted
Hail true norwegian unholy black fuckinnn metall!
20.04.2009 - 15:12
TheBigRossowski
Written by Guest on 20.04.2009 at 12:46

Hail true norwegian unholy black fuckinnn metall!

What's your fuckin' point, Walter?!

They were so great live! The sound was perfect, they played extremely ball crushing shit and in the end, the Dude had a good time. Outstanding.

EDIT: Just saw the photo of the ridiculous black metal shit. That's hilarious! Literally brings life to "rock out with your cock out".
----
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?
21.10.2011 - 12:54
The Turbanator
Anyone heard their new album yet?

----
In the name of forests; In the name of stars; In the name of all the seas; In the name of storms... Proud sons of ancient nation; Proud sons of sacred song in the wind; Proud sons behind a mirror of ice who told... Fathers of the icy age!!
21.10.2011 - 12:59
The Turbanator
^ Hahahahah fucking banjo!
----
In the name of forests; In the name of stars; In the name of all the seas; In the name of storms... Proud sons of ancient nation; Proud sons of sacred song in the wind; Proud sons behind a mirror of ice who told... Fathers of the icy age!!