Metal Storm logo
Turilli / Lione Rhapsody - New Band Featuring Original Rhapsody Members

Those who expected a third Rhapsody band, congratulations - Luca Turilli and Fabio Lione just announced the formation of the brand new Rhapsody band, suitably called Turilli / Lione Rhapsody, and it will also feature former Rhapsody Of Fire members Dominique Leurquin (guitars), Patrice Guers (bass) and Alex Holzwarth (drums). It is in this exact line-up, the Rhapsody Farewell tour happened almost a year ago.

Turilli / Lione Rhapsody are set to go into the studio to record their debut album this winter, and have opened a crowdfunding campaign to help the band finance the costs of the production.

Guitarist and mastermind Luca Turilli issued the following comment: "After the end of the Farewell Tour and the last important experience with my Luca Turilli's Rhapsody, I would have never imagined continuing my activity in the metal genre. But now, after having personally celebrated the classic Rhapsody sound of the origins with our last farewell tour and thanks to the new artistic vision and our new greatly inspiring mantra "Rebirth and Evolution", I feel honestly very excited for the unlimited artistic possibilities we could finally have while evolving and updating our sound to new frontiers and promoting our fundamental spiritual message of light with the most emotional impact!"

Vocalist Fabio Lione added: "Yes, we believe a lot in the new Turilli / Lione Rhapsody band, the vision and in the possibility of making new music together presenting something really innovative, modern and fresh, also enriched by the no-compromise sound of the most modern productions. We also believe in the precious contribution of our fans to help us achieving this important goal and to give the possibility to me, Luca, Dominique Leurquin, Patrice Guers and Alex Holzwarth to restart an important new chapter of our music career facing a new album production. We count on you for all this to happen!"

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Rhapsody
Posted: 05.12.2018 by Kais

Comments page 2 / 2

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 38   [ 3 ignored ]   Visited by: 219 users
09.12.2018 - 23:47
FYA
Destroyer
'Those who expected a third Rhapsody band, congratulations' lmao
10.12.2018 - 02:34
Kais

Written by FYA on 09.12.2018 at 23:47

'Those who expected a third Rhapsody band, congratulations' lmao

I take the blame for that.
11.12.2018 - 07:43
D88M3R

Whatever Luca does is a work of art, so i am up for it.
11.12.2018 - 07:47
D88M3R

Written by Guest on 05.12.2018 at 20:19

And the most funny thing is...

...that yet again we will hear the same musical shit
They are really becoming some false joke

Remember childs - there is only one true rhapsody: bohemian

How agressive of you, you have no idea what is bad music if you think Rhapsody is "shit"

Written by Darkside Momo on 05.12.2018 at 02:28

The Rhapsody soap continues!

That being said, I have more faith in this one than in the other two (Staropoli alone does shit, and Luca alone isn't great either)

Luca Alone IS great alone, maybe you should listen to his albums first?

People, all the band drama is not hard to follow, are you serious?
14.12.2018 - 21:40
Baz Anderson

It is a joke how much of a mess the "Rhapsody" name has behind it now. I am a huge Rhapsody fan... but the original band hasn't been good for a long time with all the changes - and the Turilli Rhapsody was equally as bad to me.

At least now we have the best pieces together again in one band. This new band is Rhapsody reformed, none of the others should really have the name. I'm willing to give them a good chance!
14.12.2018 - 23:16
Darkside Momo
Retired
Written by D88M3R on 11.12.2018 at 07:47

Written by Guest on 05.12.2018 at 20:19

That being said, I have more faith in this one than in the other two (Staropoli alone does shit, and Luca alone isn't great either)

Luca Alone IS great alone, maybe you should listen to his albums first?

I have, and I do think they ain't great.
----
My Author's Blog (in French)

"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you"

"I've lost too many years now
I'm stealing back my soul
I am awake"
20.12.2018 - 22:13
PabloMartin

So let me see this straight:
There was an original Rhapsody with Fabio and Luca (F & L now on)
Then L releases a bunch of single albums (pretty good).
Some years later L leaves Rhapsody and creates another Rhapsody: "LTurilli Rhapsody"
There were 2 Rhapsodys at the same time for a few years.
Then, F leaves Rhapsody and they make the FAREWELL tour (with L)
On a paralel street Fabio and Conti (LTurilli Rhapsody vocalist) releases an album together.
Then, the "original" Rhapsody, already without Fabio announces a new album dated in 2019, so it was a "fake" farewell ?
And now, both L y F, (both left Rhapsody, remember?) are creating a third LF Rhapsody? so... it WAS a fake farewell.

This is material enough to a new drama series on Netflix.

But... altogether they are still the great musicians they always were. So this new serie will surely have a happy ending.
21.12.2018 - 00:01
Darkside Momo
Retired
Written by PabloMartin on 20.12.2018 at 22:13

This is material enough to a new drama series on Netflix.

But... altogether they are still the great musicians they always were. So this new serie will surely have a happy ending.

ahah indeed. But before the happy ending we need a final, violent showdown with best-friend-turned-bitter-enemy Staropoli
----
My Author's Blog (in French)

"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you"

"I've lost too many years now
I'm stealing back my soul
I am awake"

Hits total: 5503 | This month: 16