Metal Storm logo
Candlemass - Reveal New Album Details, Tony Iommi Announced As Guest

Candlemass are about to bring more doom into this world with their new album, The Door To Doom. The epic doom metal lords have come full circle: their first singer Johan Langquist (who left the band after singing on the legendary 1986 debut Epicus Doomicus Metallicus) has returned and now they announce their 12th full length album, The Door To Doom! The album will be released February 22nd via Napalm Records.

According to the label, The Door To Doom unsurprisingly follows the plotline mastermind, songwriter and bass player Leif Edling established in the past years: epic world class doom metal that relies on slow mammoth riffing. With Johan Langquist's highly dramatic vocal style and the love for details, the band made this album to the next "Epicus". This masterpiece is rounded off by a guest appearance by none other than Black Sabbath's Tony Iommi on 'Astorolus - The Great Octopus.'

Tony Iommi on his appearance: "Candlemass are a major force in Scandinavian heavy rock and have always acknowledged the influence we had on their music. They asked if I'd contribute to a track which sounded pretty good so I thought 'why not' ".

Leif Edling states: "We feel very honoured that Tony Iommi said yes to play the solo on Astorolus. The song was sent to the management and amazingly enough, the master agreed to let his mighty SG sing on the track! For me personally this is a dream come true. Tony Iommi has always been my hero and guiding light when it comes to heavy music, so to hear that he likes the song and also would like to play on it, gave me chills down the spine! I'm still in shock! But kudos to him to be so cool to even listen to it. Hats off! Tony Iommi is and will always be God!"

Tracklist:

01. Splendor Demon Majesty
02. Under The Ocean
03. Astorolus - the Great Octopus
04. Bridge Of The Blind
05. Death´s Wheel
06. Black Trinity
07. House Of Doom
08. The Omega Circle

Source: pt-pt.facebook.com
Band profile: Candlemass
Posted: 06.12.2018 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 12   Visited by: 105 users
06.12.2018 - 22:31
RaduP
CertifiedHipster
We live in the best timeline
----
Do you think if the heart keeps on shrinking
One day there will be no heart at all?
06.12.2018 - 22:33
Maco
Pvt Funderground
We live in a society.
----
Crackhead Megadeth reigns supreme.
07.12.2018 - 00:12
The Melting Snow

We live on land
07.12.2018 - 00:47
Lanthros

And i tbought i couldnt be more excited for this. I was wrong.
07.12.2018 - 10:19
Daniell
_爱情_
Don't get your knickers in a knot, peeps. The mere fact that the Epicus singer is back is not a guarantee that the album will be superb. Let's just wait and see.
07.12.2018 - 11:26
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
I agree with Daniell.

Candlemass right now carrying a huge baggage by bringing an original line-up that would inevitably means they going to recreate a magic. At least, what fans are expecting. Not keeping high hopes on it.
07.12.2018 - 13:12
Zap
Written by Daniell on 07.12.2018 at 10:19

Don't get your knickers in a knot, peeps. The mere fact that the Epicus singer is back is not a guarantee that the album will be superb. Let's just wait and see.

Indeed.
He is a great vocalist, and I'm sure that when they play the EDM songs live it will be great. But that doesn't mean new material will automatically live up to that.
07.12.2018 - 20:18
The Entity

I only listen to the first 4 albums, but looking forward to hearing this new one. Johan back hyped my intrest abit, but they need to bring the RIFFS. Thats why you just can't beat the first 4...
----
https://enigmaticalofficial.bandcamp.com/
Industrial / Cosmic Black Metal
07.12.2018 - 20:47
Daniell
_爱情_
Written by The Entity on 07.12.2018 at 20:18

I only listen to the first 4 albums, but looking forward to hearing this new one. Johan back hyped my intrest abit, but they need to bring the RIFFS. Thats why you just can't beat the first 4...

I'm totally with you on the first four albums thing, but there are some really really great songs on albums with Lowe.
08.12.2018 - 02:11
Alakazam
spendin' cheese
If anything like the S/titled quality would be okay for me. Tony Martin actually demoed vocals on it.

Iommi's the perfect hype monster card to summon for metulz kiddies by adding 'presence' like with Cathedral to only detour what his iconic style was once, strong rhythmic sections. It's as if he dosen't accept Candlemass as doom metal (which is debateable labeling them heavy rock is equally effortless to how redundant he's been for a majority of his career. ;P It's if when doom metal exploded in as a sedimented fashion that Black Sabbath musically forgone to reveal their KT boundary mark I feel he overall gets, I dunno, overpraised?

Black Sabbath's nostalgia has blindfolded kids and dads facading from exposing the redundantly uncreative musical farce (many would admit) making some of the the most boring junk lazily for a majority of his career span. Iommi followed accordance with music's business procedures of unleashing crap gets overlooked to which everyone overules by seeing back to the classic era of Black Sabbath like being touched by Mithras.

Oo did I say riffs? Consider how doom has experimented creatively each passing decade expanding individually hundredfold then apply it with anything Tony's Sabbath did during them. Its sad realising how some artists adapting the playing style depend on it so much that it can turn it''s originators sounding worse in quality or reverse influential to contemporaries such as the poor last Electric Wizard output or so forth proto-doom artists these days reling soely on Black Sabbath.
----
I may not have the largest collection but I certainly have the absolute best

08.12.2018 - 05:16
Drippy.Hippie

I'm just looking forward to the Tony Iommi guest appearance.
----
What is the difference between the man who fools you from the pulpit, and the other man who fools you from the platform?
Both of them seek to obtain power over you - To rule your mind, control your property interests or labor power.
08.12.2018 - 21:38
FYA
Destroyer
Wow

Hits total: 2526 | This month: 12