03. Dysmorphic Avulsion
04. Vile Progeny
05. Conjoint Species
06. Nux Vomica
07. Gestation Of Worms
08. Subcortical Desiccation
09. Domain Of The Eternal Paradox
10. Collapse Of Recreation

It was back in 2004 when I first heard this band, I remember they sounded incredibly promising yet a little unpolished; the hype for Odious Mortem grew enormously through the years, all of a sudden everyone was eagerly waiting for their Willowtip Debut, the underground act immediately made a lot of noise with their new label of course, and finally the album's out, we can finally see if all the hype and all the waiting was worthwhile?

It is! "Cryptic Implosion" is a monstrous achievement in Technical Metal. Odious Mortem sat through the years and made themselves a better band, musically they are insanely tight and more brutal than a pack of rabid dogs chasing your crotch, it's just grotesque in the rhetorical sense of the word.

Their songwriting and the general scheme of their metal sounds exactly like old Suffocation, at least they're not influenced by the crap of the gang you see?, Odious Mortem keeps crafting their sound out in this album that's for sure; fortunately, the band manages to deliver fresh BDM with technical edges and brutal tones, it has enough twists and shades to make things quite original, coherent and creative.

You want complex musicianship? You'll be blown away by this piece; "Cryptic Explosion" is just an insane technical orgy from the beginning to the end, you have multi-faceted structures, intricate guitar-solos, and speedy execution all accompanied by powerful blast-beats and insanely hostile grunts?does the new vocalist fills the slot? Yes he does, he creates a suitable tone and manages to still sound slightly bearable for the sake of the music.

The people who was waiting for this record impatiently will be totally pleased by the results, I can easily recommend this piece to everyone into Technical or Brutal Death Metal, it fits with the profile, this is exactly what you want, go buy this piece as it's really that good.

Best Tracks: "Fragmented Oblivion", "Domain of the Eternal Paradox", "Conjoint Species"

Rating breakdown
Performance: 9
Songwriting: 8
Originality: 7
Production: 8

Written by Herzebeth | 21.05.2007

Comments

Comments: 8   Visited by: 90 users
21.05.2007 - 05:33
Rating: 9
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
aha yes, I was one of those people impatiently waiting for this to come out. This album turned out to be even better than I thought it would; they managed to make a technical death metal album that isn't boring!

I especially like the melodic guitar solo at the end of Domain of the Eternal Orthodox. I didn't see that coming...
21.05.2007 - 06:08
Baz Anderson

I'm listening to some of their stuff on their website and its rather impressive indeed..
theres two [songs available to listen to] from this album and two from the 2004 album.. (and to be honest I prefer the not-so-polished sound of the 2004 album)
but yeh! this stuff is worth looking into!
24.05.2007 - 07:01
Baz Anderson

...and now after the 'looking into'..
this stuff is awesome!!! really great album indeed! fast, technical and just what you would want from an album like this
24.05.2007 - 17:40
Herzebeth

Written by Baz Anderson on 24.05.2007 at 07:01

...and now after the 'looking into'..
this stuff is awesome!!! really great album indeed! fast, technical and just what you would want from an album like this

Cool! I'm glad you liked this piece...then again, what's not to like lol.
----
14.07.2007 - 01:31
Endoftherainbow

This is probably going to be up there on my top albums of 2007. Such a great band it's a shame that more people haven't heard of them.
07.03.2008 - 03:48
RazorOfTheLight
Account deleted
This is absolutely fucking amazing! I cant believe the complexity and amount of solo's for a band like this. It is brutal and interesting! You must listen!
04.07.2008 - 22:41
Visioneerie
Urban Monster
I'm new to this album, i've listened to it 2 or 3 times and i have to admit it's a great piece of work, and fucking brutal on top of that. Although i like it, i think it might grow on me more, some albums take some time for me to really appreciate them, but overall these guys play tight bdm.

EDIT - I fucking love this album now, praise to these geniuses
----
Any man can stand adversity, but to test his character give him power - A. Lincoln
11.06.2010 - 02:07
Insineratehymn
Account deleted
Just by listening to the first 30 seconds of the first song, I knew I would adore this album.

Hits total: 7852 | This month: 4