Metal Storm logo
Gospel Of The Horns

21.05.2007 - 15:01
Xtreme Jax
Psycroptipath
Australian Black/Thrash band, Gospel Of The Horns are one of my favourite Aussie acts at the moment. Their latest full length, 'Realm Of The Damned' which was released this year is an impressive example of how good Black/Thrash can be put together - not to mention loving the cover art.

Their last, and only other, full length 'Call To Arms' (2002) is also as impressive (just wish i could find the thing lol). Gospel Of The Horns also released a couple of of both EPs and Demos prior to this release and also put out a Compilation album this year of both the 'Sinners' demo and 'Monuments of Impurity' EP.

Their Myspace.
Their Offical Website.
----

Hellcunt Smurf
21.05.2007 - 15:23
APOHAKC
The Bard
Awesome band, I listen them for some time and I can say all the best about them. I really like their mix of Black metal with some old school Trash/Speed or whatever, really powerful. Few years ago I read some review in Hungarian Metal Hammer and they got 10/10 which is extremely rare rate, I doubr Iron Maiden or Dimmu Borgir got that rate.
Call To Arms is one of the best albums I heard from this genre, all songs are very good, production is not perfect, but it perfectly suits their style. Guitar sound is awesome and bass line is also very good, especially that sound, if you like them you will know what I am talking about. Only better band than Gospel Of The Hornes in this genre is Aura Noir.. Beside them Gospels Rule!
----
They say that we are gone but I can't let you down
The heathen faith will rise again we won't fail now
I know we cannot die forever is our time
Give my people back to me free from Christianity!!!!
22.05.2007 - 05:24
Xtreme Jax
Psycroptipath
Dmn lucky Germans!!! Thats a fucking awesome line up...

----

Hellcunt Smurf
22.05.2007 - 13:20
APOHAKC
The Bard
LoL yeah but, I don't like many of those bands lol
No disrespect, just not for me
----
They say that we are gone but I can't let you down
The heathen faith will rise again we won't fail now
I know we cannot die forever is our time
Give my people back to me free from Christianity!!!!
22.05.2007 - 15:14
Judas
The Amputator
Adorior! They're from the same town in England that my cousins live, I probably walked past them in the streets last year. They also have the most hilarious cover art I've ever seen, referring to their 'Hater Of Fucking Humans' split with Poland's Witchmaster. It's currently in one of my local stores, I want to buy it just for this cover: http://static.metal-archives.com/images/5/2/5/6/52568_52569.jpg Look at the number of inverted necropenises!

Right, well, on topic, Gospel Of The Horns played here a few weeks ago, unfortunately I couldn't go and see them due to work, even though it was only $10 for the ticket. I'm regretting it now...
----
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn both go back into the same box."
23.05.2007 - 18:35
Hyvaarin

Definitely looking forward to check out Gospel of the Horns when they support Sodom in June. Everything I've heard so far has been bitchin'.
----
"Summoned By Words Never Spoken Before..."
26.05.2007 - 05:30
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
I finally got around to checking this band out, and they are pretty good! I'm not too big on the whispery vocals though, but it's still good stuff.

Jax, you should totally send me Call to Arms
26.05.2007 - 17:38
Mindheist
No Longer Human
I downloaded Their last full-length because with the large audiences that Gospel Of The Horns has gained especially from Australian metalheadz, I was almost sure that this album will be another reincarnation of Beherit or Pestilence, but I've just heard seven tracks streaming pile of bullshit, nothing more nothing less. You know, black thrash metal is merely a hard way to show your talent, these Australians have, in my view, chosen the wrong path. But again, their music is ok, there's just the vocals, apparently Howitser needs a lot of vocals lessons, which is quiet weird because he used to play in Destroyer 666.
28.05.2007 - 13:47
Xtreme Jax
Psycroptipath
Written by Hyvaarin on 23.05.2007 at 18:35

Definitely looking forward to check out Gospel of the Horns when they support Sodom in June. Everything I've heard so far has been bitchin'.

Guess the show they dont support Sodom on that tour... my stop Would be a great show with those two.
Written by Dangerboner on 26.05.2007 at 05:30

I finally got around to checking this band out, and they are pretty good! I'm not too big on the whispery vocals though, but it's still good stuff.

Jax, you should totally send me Call to Arms

Haha, sure thing... if I could find it that is. I've looked everywhere and cant find it! I could send the title track if you wish

Written by Mindheist on 26.05.2007 at 17:38

I downloaded Their last full-length because with the large audiences that Gospel Of The Horns has gained especially from Australian metalheadz, I was almost sure that this album will be another reincarnation of Beherit or Pestilence, but I've just heard seven tracks streaming pile of bullshit, nothing more nothing less. You know, black thrash metal is merely a hard way to show your talent, these Australians have, in my view, chosen the wrong path. But again, their music is ok, there's just the vocals, apparently Howitser needs a lot of vocals lessons, which is quiet weird because he used to play in Destroyer 666.

Haha, classssssiiiiccccc. Yeah because every black metal vocalist has had vocal lessons. How is Black Thrash hard to pull off? And why hell do you think that Gospel havn't done so?
----

Hellcunt Smurf
31.05.2007 - 18:46
Hyvaarin

Written by Xtreme Jax on 28.05.2007 at 13:47

Guess the show they dont support Sodom on that tour... my stop Would be a great show with those two.

Oh you must be kidding. Wasn't it you that missed Astriaal with Arcturus or something, too?
----
"Summoned By Words Never Spoken Before..."
31.05.2007 - 18:57
Xtreme Jax
Psycroptipath
Written by Hyvaarin on 31.05.2007 at 18:46

Written by Xtreme Jax on 28.05.2007 at 13:47

Oh you must be kidding. Wasn't it you that missed Astriaal with Arcturus or something, too?

Nah, think that was the Melbourne MSers that went to the Arcturus gig, Didnt end up going to that one. But thanks for rubbing it in that I havn't seen them too joking mate.
----

Hellcunt Smurf