Metal Storm logo
M.S.I. (Aus)

21.05.2007 - 18:31
Xtreme Jax
Psycroptipath
First things first - M.S.I. stands for "Mutilated Spastic Iguanas". Not to be confused with the techno/weird rock band MSI (Mindless Self Indulgence). GOT IT!?!?

Tasmanian brutal death metal are one of my favourite local bands. Their live preformances are a fucking blast, and because of their style going from really groovy rythmic stuff to then intense brutal blast beats and violent riffage. The pit goes from a nice mosh to freaking violent slam death pit.

Their last release, 'Dream The Serenade' is awesome and suggest buying - DETAILS ON THEIR MYSPACE, comes with a live dvd!! The production isnt 100% but its still fucking killer for fans of Brutal and Death metal. Matthew Chalk (ex-Psycroptic) is on drums and does a bit of the vocal work to.

Their currently working on a new album which Im pumped about. Hopefully get some new material when they play again.

Their Myspace.
----

Hellcunt Smurf
26.05.2007 - 05:36
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
You showed me this band a while ago, but I forgot about them and the only songs fresh in my head right now are the two on their myspace page. The vocals are guttural as hell, which makes me happy, and the guitars are very uncharacteristic of brutal death metal, but in a good way. It'll be interesting to hear how their new stuff sounds.
28.05.2007 - 13:11
Xtreme Jax
Psycroptipath
@pyroleprechaun - seeing as you buy alot of cds from the net, maybe you should buy this? Itw worth it for how cheap it is, something like $12-15 US.. CHEAP!! And it comes with a dvd, which is a bonus. Id pay that much for just the dvd for its commical purposes haha. But honestly dude, think it would be worth grabbing this one.
----

Hellcunt Smurf
29.05.2007 - 07:09
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Well, most of the cd's I buy are $12-15, plus I've been spending too much money lately, so it might have to wait.
26.06.2007 - 06:02
Xtreme Jax
Psycroptipath
FINALLY!! M.S.I. are playing their first show in 8 months along side Defiled and other supports. So pumped about that they are playing because its been ages since they played live. Also in the mix, they will be playing their first show with a new bassist, and utilising some new gear.

Really hope they play some new brutal groovey tunes that we can slam at!!

Also, CHECK THEM OUT!!
----

Hellcunt Smurf
26.06.2007 - 11:11
Stigmatized
Where can you order their CD from?
26.06.2007 - 16:16
Xtreme Jax
Psycroptipath
Taken from their myspace (which is reliable):

"OH BY THE WAY!! We have our older album "Dream The Serenade" available directly from us!! It's extra special, cos it's a double disc- it doesn't only containg the classic(ly crap) Dream the Serenade, but a bonus live DVD!! And we're selling this shit ultra cheap:
Only $15 (AUD) postage paid within Australia, or if you're outside Aus- only $12 U.S SHIPPED ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD!! Cheap as all fuck!!

You can buy our CD/DVD via PayPal (southernep@hotmail.com) which is fun Or, you can either send us a money order (or well concealed cash) to:"

P.O Box 773
Moonah
TAS 7009
Australia

Just give them an email at southernep@hotmail.com to double check the information as things could of arisen. You should get a response in a day or two.
----

Hellcunt Smurf
26.06.2007 - 18:09
Stigmatized
Sweet, I'll try to order it as soon as I can. Give some support to the Australian scene.
28.06.2007 - 08:29
Xtreme Jax
Psycroptipath
Got to hear a couple of new songs last night, and they were pretty good. Not the best Ive seen them but they were still good. The microphone was cutting out a little and was hard to hear the rest of the time, which was a big low point - also the sound man on the mixing desk didnt have the levels of everything very good.
----

Hellcunt Smurf