Metal Storm logo
The Gospel Of Judas

25.05.2006 - 17:08
Damnated
Churchburner
It will be released in the close future, and it makes me think, what would it bring to our world. I just saw a documentary about it on National Geografic the other weekend, and I have mixed feelings about it. I dunno what to think, cuz I can't say that I'm well informed in this matter, but maybe you guys can help me out...
----
Blessed is he that murders Christ in himself and in his fellow men.

Written by TheBigRossowski on 10.02.2009 at 16:01

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
25.05.2006 - 17:21
Draklar
Account deleted
It's about the thing that Judas understood Christ's mission on Earth more than others and his 'traitory' was actually a way to fullfill the mission, right?
What does it state asides that?
25.05.2006 - 17:53
Damnated
Churchburner
Yes, something like that, and there's a quote I've heard from this: Jesus is thanking Judas for helping him take down the body that was like clothes on his soul. In this gospel, Judas is the good guy, and his tratory was necesary
----

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
25.05.2006 - 18:47
Daibh
Account deleted
As a Gnostic, this obviously falls under my area of expertise. So I'll dive in head first and start shedding a little light on the Gospel.

"You will become the apostle cursed by all others, Judas, you will sacrifice this body of man which clothes me"

What does the gospel mean, overall?

Well, what do the accepted gospels, included in the Holy Bible mean, overall? The answer is many things, all of which are open to interpretation.

The quoted section above, lifted directly from the best translation I have of the gospel, is one of those phrases which can be interprated many different ways. -I'll try to keep myself as simple as possible, in describing to you what I take it to mean:

Judas, as had been known, is the great traitor; he who kissed Christ upon the cheek and identified him to his persecutors. What the Gospel of Judas reveals, is a different angle on the same story; another prespective.

To let you understand a little more about the Gnostic gospels, before I continue, would be a good idea. For you see, Jesus taught via two seperate, yet, equally important means.

The first, was that teaching which he devulged to the masses; those which, surviving the Nicean Creed, survived and were included in the Holy Bible; acceptated as the state religion by the emperor Claudiaus.

The second are teachings based on a system of logos and deeper allagory; much deeper than that seen in the Holy Bible. These teachings were devulged only to the direct, intimate diciples of Jesus; his nearest and dearest. They reveal much about the kingdom of God, in his eyes, as the scholor -of the gnosis within the self-

So to continue, on this "new" angle revealed to us by the Gospel of Judas, we have to view Judas as a man, not the traitor; but as man revered by Jesus over most (with the exeption of Mary Magdelene, but that, is another story).

The logos teachings require a very different take on life and the afterlife than that offered by orthodox faith. Where as with tradition, man is born onto Earth, to live with faith until death, before acending to the heavens for eternal salvation; the Gnostic tradition -to which I adhere and absorb my understanding from more than just Christianity, might I add- teaches us that man is born unto the earth, as many times as his higher self sees fit, in order to learn all there is to learn about ourselves, our God, and our spiritual evolution, to live with learning -the search for knowledge- rather, and above that of faith- in order to achieve union with the divine.

Am I making myself clear?

Probably not. I have gone on the above tangent to highlight one point concerning the Gospel in question.

When we consider Judas the man, coupled with Jesus, the man; taking the two together and viewing them through the lens gifted to us by the quoted section at the start of this post, we understand (with the higher self in mind) that Judas, through his supposed trechery, freed the Christ from his earthly body in order for him to experience a union with the divine.

Ofcourse, this union of Christ and God exists within the Holy Bible, just in a different context. Therefore the resurrection must also be viewed in a different context.

It was 'midst this period of the resurrected Christ that he taught some of the most valuable lessons on the Divine; of the kingdom of heaven and the nature of man and his God.

So please, if any of this interests you, do feel free to ask of me any questions you might have. I may have gotten a little excited over the creation of this topic (which I congratulate you for, Damnated) leaving me blabbering away about what might seem like nothing in partiqular.

Cheers, and good health.

P.S.
THE "Gospel of Judas" is not by any means the definitive text on the subjects we are talking about. Those can be found mainly among the Nag Hammadi library. Those interested on these matters should focus more on the Gospel of Thomas, for starters.
25.05.2006 - 19:24
Damnated
Churchburner
I personally thank you for clearing some things, that were filled with blurr. What I don't understand is, if we look at the things from this point of view, the one revealed in the Gnostic Gospels, then why did the resurrection take place? And why the resurrection will take place in the case of every human on Judgement Day?
----

26.05.2006 - 07:10
Icewings
La Luna
Hey Nice thread , you know I love discussing this things , so well the Gospel I haven't seen anything about it just heard , and well maybe I don't know much and I might be wrong and please correct me if I am .SO what I think is that maybe the Bible is a translation of a translation , maybe what we read is not the real scriptures .SO i was thinking Judas has been considered bad for ages and ages , just like ,Mary Magdalene ..But I do agree with those who think that ..I was watching the story they always tell and then I asked my self , wait a minute ...Judas maybe was the strongest and the only one capable of ... so If he didn't do it no one would have done it , and if no one would have done it , then they would never have found Jesus and crucified him and the stories goes , therefore there wouldn't be forginess of the sins don't you think ?Maybe Judas indeed was chosen by God to do it ..you know God always has it's plans ....

It is a complecated topic , nowdays papers and papers are coming out to the light of the world , but who knows , we're still humans and we are not gonna know everything ...but nice discussion guys ...
----

Metalheads for Black Lives and Land Back
26.05.2006 - 08:29
Draklar
Account deleted
No, I don't think translation made such changes. Just by reading Gospel of Mary Magdalene, you can see that the other apostles were jealous, because Christ didn't tell them as much as he told Mary. Others simply didn't know everything and didn't fully understand the God's plan.
31.05.2006 - 06:00
Soliloquy
didnt they recently find the last couple of the gospel's pages that prooves judas as being innocent and how he was actually a hero?

they had that on the news a few months ago, but i sort of tuned out
----

now get on your knees and worship me!
-Zakk Wylde
31.05.2006 - 08:21
Icewings
La Luna
@Soliloquy: Yes they did , but well it didn't cause that much controversy , so now like I said before there is so many religious theories that you an make your own like I was telling mine , and maybe he wasn't a hero but he wasn't as how they put him for ages either ...
----

Metalheads for Black Lives and Land Back
01.06.2006 - 04:56
SilentScream
Blasphemer
Great post there Daibh. I find myself not being able to add much since there has been some very good remarks that have been said.
This new discovery is quite interesting, I find. Not that it affects me in any way, but it is most fascinating to find this new way of seeing Judas after all this time.
29.12.2006 - 15:14
Paganblood
The Aryaputra
An informative post Daibh, thanks for it.
----
that which shines without names and forms...