Additional info
Recorded and mixed by V. at Earthsound Studio
Mastered by Bruno Varea at Upload Studio
Cover art and layout by Dehn Sora.

Staff review by
RaduP
Rating:
N/A
Finally, an industrial metal album that sounds like industrial music. I just wish it didn't sound as much like Blut Aus Nord trying to write a Godflesh album.

Read more ››
published 18.02.2019 | Comments (11)

Found in 8 lists
Top lists

Comments

Comments: 10   Visited by: 125 users
14.02.2019 - 00:04
Mercurial
A decent album, but needs to be run through a TEoAM production filter.
15.02.2019 - 20:46
Alex F
Slick Dick Rick
I finally listened to this and honestly nothing stood out to me as particularly impressive. I'm a bit disappointed but I can't rightly say what my expectations really were for it so I guess not much.
04.03.2019 - 19:04
Maco
Pvt Funderground
Lame as I expected.
----
Crackhead Megadeth reigns supreme.
04.04.2019 - 05:17
IBlackened
The interludes are the best tracks in this album. I don't know what to think about the rest.
----
Their old stuff is better.
04.04.2019 - 13:33
mz
I really like this album. I just wished the production was a bit more dry.
----
Giving my ears a rest from music.
09.04.2019 - 03:59
IBlackened
Ok, with more listens, I'm enjoying it a bit more, but I still can't understand why this album was released under a different project. It would fit BaN's discography just fine.
----
14.02.2020 - 14:02
Rating: 7
NastyHero
Written by IBlackened on 09.04.2019 at 03:59

Ok, with more listens, I'm enjoying it a bit more, but I still can't understand why this album was released under a different project. It would fit BaN's discography just fine.

I mean, it does feature only half of BaN lineup.
14.02.2020 - 19:27
IBlackened
Written by NastyHero on 14.02.2020 at 14:02

As far as I know, there's no info about the other guys, W.D. Feld and GhÖst. They could just be different Vindisval pseudonyms and he's messing with us for all we know.

But seriously, Vindisval is the only one credited in the whole 777 trilogy and some of those EPs. That's why I think he could release this under BaN if he wanted, but this is an artistic decision, so I knew why he was doing that, I'm just not a big fan of the separation in this case.
----
14.02.2020 - 23:56
Rating: 7
NastyHero
Written by IBlackened on 14.02.2020 at 19:27

Written by NastyHero on 14.02.2020 at 14:02

As far as I know, there's no info about the other guys, W.D. Feld and GhÖst. They could just be different Vindisval pseudonyms and he's messing with us for all we know.

But seriously, Vindisval is the only one credited in the whole 777 trilogy and some of those EPs. That's why I think he could release this under BaN if he wanted, but this is an artistic decision, so I knew why he was doing that, I'm just not a big fan of the separation in this case.

I've only heard 2 latest BaN releases so can't argue with that - it does sound different than that, however.
It's also not as uncommon a case, for example Nick Cave & Bad Seeds and Grinderman - the latter does sound like Dig, Lazarus, Dig!!! a bit, so they could easily be Nick Cave albums.
And there's Devin Townsend, Devin Townsend Project, The Devin Townsend Band and his few other projects/bands.
15.02.2020 - 03:05
IBlackened
Written by NastyHero on 14.02.2020 at 23:56

I've only heard 2 latest BaN releases so can't argue with that - it does sound different than that, however.
It's also not as uncommon a case, for example Nick Cave & Bad Seeds and Grinderman - the latter does sound like Dig, Lazarus, Dig!!! a bit, so they could easily be Nick Cave albums.
And there's Devin Townsend, Devin Townsend Project, The Devin Townsend Band and his few other projects/bands.

BaN's discography is so varied that this album wouldn't feel out of place (there's some hip hop in 777 - Cosmosophy and almost pure electronic in Thematic Emanation Of Archetypal Multiplicity), but he said he wants to take this industrial side even further, so I understand why he's done that. It's just that I would prefer one massive entity than a bunch of different projects for every facet of his music, like he's been doing so far.
----

Hits total: 1808 | This month: 16