Metal Storm logo
Daylight Dies

24.05.2007 - 08:56
Asat0r

This is a band that is not on Metal Storm, but very well should be. I was given their album Dismantling Devotion, and was blown away. I was also surprised to learn that they were from a town just 2 hours from where I live. Give me your opinions on this band, positive or negative.
25.05.2007 - 13:47
SirHooke

Do they have a website? That would make it easier to check them out
25.05.2007 - 13:50
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by SirHooke on 25.05.2007 at 13:47

Do they have a website? That would make it easier to check them out

http://www.daylightdies.com/

or

http://www.myspace.com/daylightdies
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

25.05.2007 - 23:16
Mela Muke
Account deleted
the latest album is pretty good
there is an art to be perfected here
26.05.2007 - 00:20
SirHooke

Hmm, what I heard on youtube and on their websites was pretty good
I'll need to check them further
26.05.2007 - 07:40
Asat0r

Yeah, I've only listened to their newest album. I need to get some of their older material still. If you like Opeth, you should really like this band.
03.09.2008 - 23:53
Thryce
Retired Staff
Just wanted to share I'm really glad I discovered this band! Currently listening to their new album "Lost To The Living" for the very first time, and, shit!, what an amazing album. Harsh yet sensitive, cold yet emotional. Incredible album, really. An instant top hit if you ask me. One of the 2008 loves at first sight for me, no doubt about it.
----
Your favorite band sucks.
03.11.2008 - 06:16
-DC-002-
Mastercommander
Lost To The Living is a great album. if they tweak their sound just a little bit and maybe incorporate more clean vocals to mesh with the harsh they could be the next Opeth type band in my opinion.
----
Coldgrits
03.11.2008 - 11:50
FOOCK Nam

I find their music just so so, not much beauty melody. They are labelled as similar to Slumber, but I find Slumber is far more better. Seems Im not much suiting with US doom. Both Novembers Doom and Daylight Dies, Im not much interested, or I need more time to be into.
03.11.2008 - 18:52
-DC-002-
Mastercommander
Written by FOOCK Nam on 03.11.2008 at 11:50

I find their music just so so, not much beauty melody. They are labelled as similar to Slumber, but I find Slumber is far more better. Seems Im not much suiting with US doom. Both Novembers Doom and Daylight Dies, Im not much interested, or I need more time to be into.

I've never cared for Novembers Doom either. I've never heard of slumber though. I should check them out.
----
Coldgrits
03.11.2008 - 20:26
FOOCK Nam

Written by -DC-002- on 03.11.2008 at 18:52

I've never cared for Novembers Doom either. I've never heard of slumber though. I should check them out.

Check Slumber out if you like more keyboard mixing with melancholic/beautiful guitar.
03.11.2008 - 20:37
-DC-002-
Mastercommander
Written by FOOCK Nam on 03.11.2008 at 20:26

Written by -DC-002- on 03.11.2008 at 18:52

Check Slumber out if you like more keyboard mixing with melancholic/beautiful guitar.

sounds good. thank you
----
Coldgrits
24.01.2009 - 03:19
Ragana
Rawrcat
Thanks to MS charts again for helping me discover this band I've never heard before. I got their latest release "Lost To The Living" just hoping to hear something nice as no one has written a review (yes, I really always read the reviews before I'm thinking about getting albums). However, I didn't need to hope. When I had listened the whole album for the first time, I was just amazed. They're not as depressing as most of doom metal bands I have heard until now, they are quite harmonic and soft. Although there are growls, the melody underneath calms it all down a bit. And still the music is strong.

I think I could listen this album until I know all words, melodies and nuances. Also I'm looking forward to get other albums.
24.01.2009 - 09:04
-DC-002-
Mastercommander
Written by Ragana on 24.01.2009 at 03:19

Thanks to MS charts again for helping me discover this band I've never heard before. I got their latest release "Lost To The Living" just hoping to hear something nice as no one has written a review (yes, I really always read the reviews before I'm thinking about getting albums). However, I didn't need to hope. When I had listened the whole album for the first time, I was just amazed. They're not as depressing as most of doom metal bands I have heard until now, they are quite harmonic and soft. Although there are growls, the melody underneath calms it all down a bit. And still the music is strong.

I think I could listen this album until I know all words, melodies and nuances. Also I'm looking forward to get other albums.

Ya, I also really liked the album. very somber which is a good side to the modern doom bands of today.
----
Coldgrits
06.02.2009 - 23:31
Dane Train
Beers & Kilts
These guys are on tour with Soilwork and I am going to see them but...I have not heard their music. Should I get some of their albums to get an idea of what their like or go in blind and be surprised by the show?
----
(space for rent)
07.02.2009 - 00:24
-DC-002-
Mastercommander
Written by Dane Train on 06.02.2009 at 23:31

These guys are on tour with Soilwork and I am going to see them but...I have not heard their music. Should I get some of their albums to get an idea of what their like or go in blind and be surprised by the show?

I'd buy an album first. They seem like the kind of band that sounds better if you know the songs. I'll recommend you their latest, Lost to the Living. Its a very strong album. Plus, its the only one I've heard
----
Coldgrits
31.07.2009 - 18:45
Farid Masud

I have heard all their songs from the beginning. Although in their shows I never found myself the opportunity to approach them and shake their hands and tell them that they are now one of the best Doom metal live performers. In their show at New York at Rochester, their guitarist was amazing, Gambling and Shakleford, and with the vocals I was not upset because I prepared myself to hear a difference from studio and live. Anyway to tell you a little about their old albums, it is Melodic Doom with a sense of the old Rapture (melodic death/doom band from Finland) based on the works of the album Futile (by Rapture). Their new style with latest vocals by Ellis was truly a doom metal based music with melodic acoustic guitars on it. Like the song A life less lived (in a loveless world!!!) from the album Dismantling Devotion was brilliant with acoustic intro and some basic haunting rhythms by the acoustics as well. The lyrics are short yet enigmatic and makes you want to interpret their lyrics. I always base my interpretation by the mood of the music. The new stuff is a music like Opeth but not entirely like opeth because Opeth's music deos not sound like this at a 100%. I would say they have at least 60% opeth. The rest is their originality in this genre of Doom. I know it is a different subject and may sound irrelevant but if you were to check out the song Daughter of the Moon by Insomnium, and compare the music only to any of their song you can tell as I do that they are doom but has a sense of melodic death in their works. I hope I have not offended anyone by saying that a doom based band has a death style in them. I am just merely stating my opinion.
----
Someone once said"If eye for an eye were to be put into practice, then the whole world will be blind..."