Metal Storm logo
Nightwish - And The New Singer Is...

... Anette Olzon! In case this name doesn't tell you anything, here are a few facts about her:

Birthday: 21 June 1971

Musical background:
Was raised in a musical family and been singing since childhood. After she turned 13, she started competing in several talent shows. She joined her first real band when she was 17, it was a cover band and all the other musicians were older. After playing cover songs, she joined a band called Alyson Avenue, first just as a studio singer, later as their leading lady. They've released 2 albums since 2000.

At the age of 21, she played the leading role in a rock opera/musical called "Gränsland" in Helsingborg. After that she got in to the Balettakademien in Gothenburg. In addition to the already mentioned, she's been in several other bands over the years, sung in choirs, done studio work for various projects and even occasionally been a wedding singer. Recently she sang a duet with Michael Bormann (ex-Jaded Heart-singer) on his album "Conspiracy".

Read the entire fact file
Interview
Video greeting

Promotional photos: 1 | 2
Promotional band photos: 1 | 2

'Eva', the first single from the new album, should be released tomorrow. Listen to a short sample

Source: nightwish.com
Band profile: Nightwish
Posted: 24.05.2007 by Ivan

Comments page 4 / 4

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 95   Visited by: 59 users
30.01.2008 - 09:41
Yohan

Well.... I never been a big fan of Nightwish but this is what i've noticed...

I prefer the sound from their newer albums...

Regarding the song, it is exremely similar to Within Temptation for example and ain't that special and own... even if i'm glad they kicked out Tarja.... Damn i was sick of that "opera" bullshit... becides... Tarja... Bitch for the win...

It looks quite stupid with Anette in the band... it's like placeing a barbiedoll with a band like CoB or Black Sabbath or some other heavier Metal bands.... doesn't fit for five cents....
----
tombstone.fi
05.02.2008 - 19:46
Karel CV
Account deleted
Anette's voice doesn't fit in the nightwish style. What DPP needed was a mezzo-soprano voice and it would the best Nightwish album ever made. Anette would be much better in a pop/rock band. That's what i think.
14.02.2008 - 14:40
In_tallica

can anybody tell me excactly why Tarja quit nightwish? i've been looking and asking everywhere, but no answer!?
17.02.2008 - 11:24
Pale Enchantress
Account deleted
I don't really like her voice kind of boring If Vibeke joined it would be better
21.02.2008 - 11:36
ForgottenShadow
Account deleted
Anette is good,but Tarja was better.:D

Hits total: 6388 | This month: 4