Metal Storm logo
Evanescence

Original post

Posted by Bas, 25.05.2006 - 22:11
Ok, so first of all i am aware of the fact that alot of people will come here and bash this band, if you do so i cant stop you, but i can ask you this, why do you hate this band? and most of all, how much have you actually heard by them?

so please people, no mindless bash posts, rather tell me what you dont like about them,

having said that, i wonder what their new cd will be like, i hope it'll be heaps better then fallen (which wont be very hard IMO)
i didnt really like fallen, i think it's not half as good as it could be, because i think Amy is an amazing vocalist, and i like their pre-fallen material very much,

please let me hear your opinions, what do you like better, fallen or their pre-fallen stuff?
08.12.2013 - 02:30
Get_thrashed

Written by Uldreth on 07.12.2013 at 16:54

Written by Get_thrashed on 07.12.2013 at 08:14

It's a band who's looking for popularity rather than real music ,, isn't that enough reason? plus the fans urghhh.. :S

And you think they are looking for popularity because?

they are looking for popularity in order to sell and get good money,, good bands are always the ones underground and care the less about magazine covers and tv shows,, that's why i run away from mainstream bands
----
http://www.last.fm/user/em_eldeen
08.12.2013 - 05:15
SolracV

Written by Get_thrashed on 08.12.2013 at 02:30

It's a band who's looking for popularity rather than real music ,, isn't that enough reason? plus the fans urghhh.. :S

they are looking for popularity in order to sell and get good money,, good bands are always the ones underground and care the less about magazine covers and tv shows,, that's why i run away from mainstream bands

Just because a band has mainstream media coverage, doesn't necessarily mean that they do it for the money...
08.12.2013 - 16:45
Get_thrashed

Dude??? what the hell? take it damn easy I didn't write that :S
----
08.12.2013 - 17:08
Get_thrashed

Written by SolracV on 08.12.2013 at 05:15

Written by Get_thrashed on 08.12.2013 at 02:30

Just because a band has mainstream media coverage, doesn't necessarily mean that they do it for the money...

sure not, but It's relative.
----
08.12.2013 - 18:22
Uldreth

Written by Get_thrashed on 08.12.2013 at 16:45

Neither did I, apparantly some staff member had his fun or I dunno.

Originally I wrote something different .

And I didn't delete it either, it was also someone else.
08.12.2013 - 18:45
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Uldreth on 08.12.2013 at 18:22

Written by Get_thrashed on 08.12.2013 at 16:45

Neither did I, apparantly some staff member had his fun or I dunno.

Originally I wrote something different .

And I didn't delete it either, it was also someone else.

I somehow totally fucked up there. I wanted to quote your post that loads of the bands in Dana's favorite band list could be considered mainstream. Which almost all of them can be, by the way.
But instead of quoting you I edited your post. Which all of a sudden made no sense whatsoever anymore. So I deleted the edited ppost, since I, of course, could retrieve your Original post.
So, my apologies to you for fucking it all up.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

09.08.2015 - 09:09
wrathchild

So they replaced guitarist Terry Balsamo with Jen Majura: http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/evanescence-parts-ways-with-guitarist-terry-balsamo-taps-germanys-jen-majura
That girl is awesome, saw her perform with Rage a while back as a singer/chorist and she also doubled as a very friendly merch saler. And from what I've just watched she's a kickass guitar player too.
----
La belleza no reside en lo que puedas crear, sino en lo que eres capaz de transmitir
Beauty resides not in what you're able to create, but in what you're able to communicate

Txus, Mägo De Oz
24.04.2020 - 23:15
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
First song in 9 years sounds like...