Metal Storm logo
Borknagar - Part Ways With Vocalist 'Vintersorg'

Due to personal reasons, Andreas "Vintersorg" Hedlund has decided to step down as the lead vocalist of Borknagar. The decision is based on mutual understanding, respect and in a friendly manner with the rest of the band. Borknagar is currently in the final stages of recording their eleventh studio album. It will be mixed and mastered by Jens Bogren at Fascination Street Studio this spring. An official release date will be dropped in near future.

Statement from the band: " Borknagar would like to express their sincere gratitude for the musical brotherhood we have shared throughout the years and wish Andreas the very best in his future endeavours. There is no drama to this situation, and our friendship will remain. No one should be too surprised if Vintersorg reappears as a guest vocalist on a future record. As a natural consequence, I.C.S Vortex will take a step forward into the role as the band's lead vocalist, and will, together with Lars Nedland, carry on Borknagar's legacy of vocal brilliance."

Øystein G. Brun comments: "It is with a lot of respect, gratitude and good memories I see one of my brothers in music set sails for new shores. Times are changing, and we both saw this coming for a while. Even though we are splitting as partners in Borknagar, I am happy to say that we have decided to carry on our musical brotherhood in Cronian. A new album will be released whenever time allows for that."

Andreas "Vintersorg" Hedlund comments: "Time has come to make some tough decisions and let reality set the rules. It is with both a light and heavy heart I leave Borknagar as the lead vocalist. The light part is that it´s done in an amicable way and that this is the right thing to do for me, in respect for the fans and Borknagar. The heavy part is that it's hard to leave something this meaningful and beautiful. My situation after the accident makes it hard to tour, and my job situation complicates things further. So in a way I'm not "leaving" as such, it's more like I'm putting some oil into the Borknagar machinery so the band can keep their busy schedule, get out on the road and meet you guys. Borknagar will always have a special place in my heart and mind, and I hope that I can do some guest performances further down the road. The guys in the band are fantastic musicians and persons and I wish them the best of luck. However, Cronian is not dead and may shake its head before you know it."

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Borknagar
Posted: 22.02.2019 by Bad English

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 5   Visited by: 128 users
22.02.2019 - 19:20
FeskarN

This came as a suprise.. Really sad to hear him leaving. One of the my favourite vocalist then it came to do clean and growls. Hopefully he can return as guest in the future.
----
The Land Is Silent... Before The Storm!
22.02.2019 - 20:10
Tuonelan

Sad to see Vintersorg go, but he's been having a hard time collaborating with the rest of the band ever since that fall on the ice. Hoping they may be able to get out more now. They deserve a higher profile.
----
Hopepunk living on a grimdark timeline
22.02.2019 - 20:41
Chaos Feeds Life

Lets all sing kumbaya and pretend Garm is a viable replacement!
22.02.2019 - 21:52
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Oslo and Skellefteå is long distance, as I understand Andreas live sin home town. I like boat , ICX is good as well, if band keeps true way on clean vocals, it dont matter who sings, it can work out just fine(even I didnt like last bands work)
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
22.02.2019 - 23:49
Lanthros

Written by Chaos Feeds Life on 22.02.2019 at 20:41

Lets all sing kumbaya and pretend Garm is a viable replacement!

If only that were possible. Id lose my shit if that hapoened but i know it wont.

Hits total: 2084 | This month: 2