Metal Storm logo
Blind Guardian - Announce The Release Of Orchestral Album

German power metal machine Blind Guardian had set the idea to record an orchestral album originally in the 90s. In recent years the giant project started to take shape, and parallel to epic sound cascades, the lyrical concept was developed. For this, Blind Guardian was able to find support in German bestselling author Markus Heitz, whose new novel 'Die Dunklen Lande' is being released today (March 1st). The book is set in 1629 and contains the prequel to Blind Guardian's opus Legacy Of The Dark Lands, which will be released on November 1st via Nuclear Blast.

Commented by the band: "After all these years of guesses, prophecies and other confirming irritations we are happy to announce that Legacy of the Dark Lands will be released on November 1st, 2019. Yes, it is the ORCHESTRAL ALBUM and the release date is carved in stone ?, we hope:-).To be prepared for this once in your lifetime experience you better get your version of 'Die Dunklen Lande' by our friend Markus Heitz, which is out now. 'Die Dunklen Lande' is closely connected to the orchestral album and features the prequel to Legacy of the Dark Lands. It might also help killing time, a little bit. Enjoy."

"It's incredible, that after 20 years we can actually finish this really exciting project. I am so happy and more than satisfied with it. Every single track unveils spectacular worlds and tells its very own story. With this album our biggest creative dream finally becomes reality." says vocalist Hansi Kürsch whose favourite author was equally excited about the collaboration: "It's really crazy: As Pen&Paper role players we used to listen to Blind Guardian whilst playing. And years later I get to work together with the band, which was incredible. It's amazing, the things that can happen sometimes", Markus remembers. "Of course I immediately agreed to join! This creative collaboration is very special for me."

The two protagonists have actively cultivated their creative exchange over the last five years. "Markus is a great story teller; with 'Die Dunklen Lande' he created the perfect setting and with the mysterious Nicolas the perfect character for our complex works. His inventiveness seems to be almost infinite. Absolutely impressive and very inspiring" praises Hansi Kürsch regarding the fruitful cooperation with the highly renowned fantasy author.

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Blind Guardian
Posted: 01.03.2019 by Abattoir

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 10   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 190 users
01.03.2019 - 19:29
WorpeX
Made of Metal
Awesome! Finally! Too bad the book is in German, can't read it.
02.03.2019 - 17:55
pandrstudios

Finally! I didn´t think that the album would come in 2019. Really hope that it will be great.
02.03.2019 - 19:25
CobiWan1993
Secundum Filium
Sweet! I've heard rumors that they were going to be making an orchestral album so it's great to know that it's actually happening!
----
Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe (Lao Tzu).
03.03.2019 - 18:15
mikeprado30

FINALLY!!! The time has come

Hopefully will be something as the LMO album.
----
BARDS WE ARE, BARDS WE WILL BE!
03.03.2019 - 19:54
tominator
At best deranged
Could be an interesting record. Looking forward to it!
03.03.2019 - 21:02
The Entity

Im excited to hear this, as im a fan of classical music and symphonic metal. However, im abit skeptic as I never liked the "fantasy-movie" like soundtracks which I think they might be leaning towards...
----
https://enigmaticalofficial.bandcamp.com/
Industrial / Cosmic Black Metal
04.03.2019 - 02:26
mikeprado30

Written by Irritable Ted on 03.03.2019 at 18:26

Written by mikeprado30 on 03.03.2019 at 18:15

FINALLY!!! The time has come

Hopefully will be something as the LMO album.

Is this going to have any guitars or vocals? My understanding was that it was completely orchestral, no metal.

Well, surely will be fully orchestral, but anything could happen.
----
BARDS WE ARE, BARDS WE WILL BE!
18.03.2019 - 02:39
bloodwrage
Pagan Angel
Looking forward to this. Too bad Kürsch's voice isn't where it was 20 years ago.
25.03.2019 - 13:52
the ogre

Written by WorpeX on 01.03.2019 at 19:29

Awesome! Finally! Too bad the book is in German, can't read it.

Indeed! Do we know whether the book will be translated to English one day?
I mean, BG is quite an international band so I guess that a lot of non-German speaking fans would be interested in all this... :-)
26.03.2019 - 14:54
Arcesse Eum

Thought this was supposed to be about LOTR
----
As above, so below.

Hits total: 2867 | This month: 5