Metal Storm logo
Stratovarius - Guitarist Checks In From Tokyo

Stratovarius Has Wrote The Following Message On There Official Website:

Things didn't start the smoothest way at the airport. After I entered the cockpit it was evident that one engine had a small fuel leak, so they tried to fix that. It wasn't possible, so everybody back to terminal. They got another plane and we were on our way with 2.5 hours delay. The take-off was amazing. I just watched in awe while the pilots did their thing with hundreds of knobs. Some of them I knew from my simulator experiences. It was really cool to be there in both take off and landing and gave me even more confidence together with my simulator experiences that flying is a really safe way to travel.

So we arrived to Osaka at 11 in the morning, two hours later than planned. Everything is always so cool here; 5 star hotels, the schedules are always holding, people are nice and friendly and the fans shower us with gifts. It's weird, but we were here a bit more than a year ago and now we are selling more tickets even without new album.

First show went really well. We were a bit nervous because we hadn't been playing any shows in seven months, but it was just great. The place was called Big Cat and it was the second hottest club I have played in. The temperature on stage was close to 55 Celsius. Poor Jörg. Poor TK. Despite the heat, the Osaka audience once again gave us a GREAT welcome. Then after the show signed some autographs, back to hotel and to dinner with the promoter to a Korean barbeque. Jens was getting really drunk and showed his usual antics (unfortunately I didn't bring my video camera there). I don´t know what the locals think when they hear in Japanese 'I want to fuck your dog' or 'I want to shit on your ancestors,' but maybe they saw the humour. I certainly did and I can never get enough of this genius guy.

In the morning a bullet train (300 km/h) ride to Tokyo and I just came back from a radio interview with TK and I´m typing this in my room with a view to a city that is 100 km in diameter and has 17 million people. Tomorrow a new show, all okay here, hope there too."

Signing out,
Timo

Stratovarius' remaining Japanese dates are as follows:

May
24 - Tokyo, Japan at Liquid Room
25 - Tokyo, Japan at Liquid Room (Finland Fest)

Source: stratovarius.com
Band profile: Stratovarius
Posted: 25.05.2007 by Megad3th

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 5   Visited by: 8 users
25.05.2007 - 21:10
Carrion
Account deleted
If I liked to read this kind of updates, I'd go to the band's website. This is not really a news.
26.05.2007 - 01:28
Lowelas OF FIRE
Account deleted
i do not get the 'i want to fuck your dog' part
26.05.2007 - 01:43
Daru Jericho

Lol. Funny Timo Tolkki.
----
Aborted Misanthropic Smurf Puppy On Acid.

27.05.2007 - 00:35
Icewings
La Luna
jejejeje
----

Metalheads for Black Lives and Land Back
28.05.2007 - 16:16
APOHAKC
The Bard
You can never be bored with these guys... lol
----
They say that we are gone but I can't let you down
The heathen faith will rise again we won't fail now
I know we cannot die forever is our time
Give my people back to me free from Christianity!!!!

Hits total: 2096 | This month: 3