Metal Storm logo
Amon Amarth - Upcoming Album Set For May Release, Launch First Single

Swedish masters Amon Amarth will release their new album, Berserker, on May 3rd through Metal Blade Records. The album was produced by Jay Ruston at Sphere Studios in North Hollywood, California and features twelve tracks. Accompanying the news is a music video for the album's first single, titled "Raven's Flight", which can be streamed below.

Berserker track listing:

01. Fafner's Gold
02. Crack The Sky
03. Mjolner, Hammer Of Thor
04. Shield Wall
05. Valkyria
06. Raven's Flight
07. Ironside
08. The Berserker At Stamford Bridge
09. We Can Set Our Sails
10. When Once Again
11. Wings Of Eagles
12. Into The Dark

"For me, this is Amon Amarth 2.0," vocalist Johan Hegg declares. "I think what we've done here is give ourselves the space to explore other parts of our musicality and who we are as a band. If you're content with where you're at, what's the point of continuing? We always want to come up with new ideas and find new ways of doing things and to create bigger and better shows and really try to improve every aspect of what the band is. We want to try to keep growing and to do this for as long as we have the possibility to do so, because this is the best fucking job in the world."

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Amon Amarth
Posted: 20.03.2019 by Abattoir

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 12   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 217 users
20.03.2019 - 21:15
s_t_s

Doesn't find me in love at first listen... Used to love AA and follow them since their very first album but JOMSVIKING was such a letdown that I stopped listening to them. Not a bad song but this is plain rock, not what they used to do before.
20.03.2019 - 21:19
nikarg

My index finger grew hair as soon as I hit "play" on the video.
20.03.2019 - 21:38
WorpeX
Made of Metal
Awesome track! Really like that heavy breakdown around halfway into the song. Good shit.

Album artwork is stupid though.
20.03.2019 - 21:43
IBlackened

Remove the vocals and it becomes Children of Bodom. And this is not a compliment. Also...

Quote:

We always want to come up with new ideas...

Good one.
----
Their old stuff is better.
20.03.2019 - 22:21
Mehdi Taba
Mehdi Taba
What a great song!
20.03.2019 - 23:08
EricAxel36

Wish they went back to the more raw original sound from the first albums OR just stick with the poppier/hookier newer sound that made them super popular. This song is some sort of weird in between. Hopefully there's some strong tracks here, even Jomsviking had a couple.
21.03.2019 - 10:17
The Entity

Not a fan of the cover. Song is ok, didn't really like their last 2 albums.
----
https://enigmaticalofficial.bandcamp.com/
Industrial / Cosmic Black Metal
21.03.2019 - 16:27
gmorin

Very disappointing. The only berserker in there is the title... They've become so clean, so predictable, so... accessible. They sound like retired vikings... like, let's take a nap in Denmark before we invade England.
----
Germain Morin
21.03.2019 - 16:54
s_t_s

Written by Grouch Douglas on 21.03.2019 at 00:10

It looks like they stole the idea for this album from Asenblut's latest record. I mean, the cover even looks similar. http://metalstorm.net/bands/album.php?album_id=89127&band_id=7100&bandname=Asenblut

Holy f*ck, it's a REAL rip off !
22.03.2019 - 20:38
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
For video its bad, song is decent, sounds a bit like old AA from old days, buy as song to put as hit or video band needs some catchy riffs into it
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
23.03.2019 - 20:07
metalbrat

Hope there are more heavier riffs in the album bcoz what I just heard is a just above average song of AA. I am still hopeful.
----
In the beginning I was made of clay. Then I bit the apple and they changed me to metal 🤘
15.04.2019 - 17:20
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
They and at the flames joining forces for us tour, check out their fb for header tour dates
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing

Hits total: 3356 | This month: 4