Metal Storm logo
Death Angel - Reveal New Album Details And First Single

Bay Area thrash metal legends Death Angel will release their long-awaited 9th full-length album, Humanicide, on May 31st via Nuclear Blast Records. Today the band has unveiled the artwork, tracklisting and the record's first new single, the title track, via visualizer. Check them all out below.

Death Angel have returned to their producer and friend Jason Suecof ( Deicide, Trivium) of Audiohammer studios for the recording and mixing, along with the mastering of Ted Jensen ( Slipknot, Pantera) of Sterling Sound who added the final touches and brought it all to life, with artist Brent Elliott White ( Lamb Of God, Megadeth) providing the ominous cover artwork.

Rob Cavestany comments: "I'm ecstatic to present Death Angel's 9th studio album, Humanicide. This collection of songs represents the band in its current state - united, vital, intense and (still) hungry like the wolf! I wanted this record to be quite diverse stylistically while obviously keeping with the parameters of metal. DA has been known to push the envelope and we absolutely did this time. So many emotions expressed through our music, very much looking forward to adding these songs into our live set list. As I savor this rare feeling of satisfaction, we proudly unleash this beast upon thee!"

Tracklist:

1. Humanicide
2. Divine Defector
3. Aggressor
4. I Came For Blood
5. Immortal Behated
6. Alive And Screaming
7. The Pack
8. Ghost Of Me
9. Revelation Song
10. Of Rats And Men
11. The Day I Walked Away (Bonus Track)

Source: nuclearblast.de
Band profile: Death Angel
Posted: 22.03.2019 by nikarg

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 10   Visited by: 122 users
22.03.2019 - 17:40
nikarg

Fucking A.
22.03.2019 - 17:52
SoUnDs LiKe PoP

I am very picky when it comes to thrash, but I absolutely LOVED their last album, "The Evil Divide."

This song, though... sounds like a B-side from that album. It's not bad, it's just a bit underwhelming.
----
I lift weights and listen to metal
22.03.2019 - 20:47
The Entity

Should be decent
----
https://enigmaticalofficial.bandcamp.com/
Industrial / Cosmic Black Metal
22.03.2019 - 21:58
Joppe
Steelemeister
It's very familiar sounding DA. I'd say it's quality thrash in this thrash resurgence times. I will be checking the new album out (still hoping for some Act III throwback though )
----
My vision is augmented
23.03.2019 - 00:49
JoHn Doe

Can't wait, one of my favorite thrash bands
----
I thought the two primary purposes for the internet were cat memes and overreactions.
23.03.2019 - 04:17
UPDIRNS

Excellent song. Very solid solo, no surprise right? Their last three albums have been incredible. This one likely will be too. They fucking know how to make awesome thrash! They are in my top 10 all time, just like Testament is (my opinion is always right for me, yours can be for you, no one tells me what's right or wrong, I decide for myself what is). I welcome opinions, but don't tell me I'm stupid or my point of view is. Too many preachers. You be you and I'll be me and I will respect your point of view, but respect mine too. All hail thrash metal!!
23.03.2019 - 07:26
Theodore V
Account deleted
Sounds good... I've been waiting for a decent thrash album for ages...
23.03.2019 - 07:30
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Legend Death Angel.
23.03.2019 - 12:08
Stormm

Written by SoUnDs LiKe PoP on 22.03.2019 at 17:52

I am very picky when it comes to thrash, but I absolutely LOVED their last album, "The Evil Divide."

This song, though... sounds like a B-side from that album. It's not bad, it's just a bit underwhelming.

I was thinking very similar. But for me it's like B-side from The Dream Calls For Blood.
26.03.2019 - 00:14
Khold Baroness

Great artwork 👍

Hits total: 2457 | This month: 5