Metal Storm logo
Nocturnus AD - Premiere New Track From Upcoming Album 'Paradox'

Nocturnus AD - led by Nocturnus (and Morbid Angel) founder Mike Browning, have completed work on their new album. The band now premiere a brand new song entitled "Precession Of The Equinoxes", taken from their upcoming album Paradox, which will be out in stores May 24th via Profound Lore Records. It was produced by Jarrett Pritchard and feature cover artwork by Timbul Cahyono.

Statement from Mike Browning: "I think Paradox is a great successor to The Key. I didn't want to try and compete with what I did on that record or try and recreate it. I wanted to continue with the ideas and themes I never got to do back then. "Precession Of The Equinoxes" is a brand new song that talks about the shifting of the magnetic poles of Earth. And in fact right now the magnetic poles are shifting faster than ever; it has been in the news just in the last couple of months. It happens in 26,000 year cycles, so we humans have never experienced a pole shift to where its effects were recorded. It could be a huge, disastrous occurrence when they shift completely."

Track listing:

01. Seizing The Throne
02. The Bandar Sign
03. Paleolithic
04. Precession Of The Equinoxes
05. The Antechamber
06. The Return Of The Lost Key
07. Apotheosis
08. Aeon Of The Ancient Ones
09. Number 9

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Nocturnus AD
Posted: 23.03.2019 by Abattoir

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 6   Visited by: 62 users
23.03.2019 - 16:58
Aries Rising
Looking forward to this. The song sounds like vintage Nocturnus.
23.03.2019 - 17:00
Maco
Pvt Funderground
Better than anything done by Morbid Angel in the last 20 years.
----
Crackhead Megadeth reigns supreme.
23.03.2019 - 17:24
RaduP
CertifiedHipster
staff
Written by Maco on 23.03.2019 at 17:00

Better than anything done by Morbid Angel in the last 20 years.

As if that would be much of an achievement
----
Do you think if the heart keeps on shrinking
One day there will be no heart at all?
23.03.2019 - 17:26
Maco
Pvt Funderground
Written by RaduP on 23.03.2019 at 17:24

As if that would be much of an achievement

They still wrote listenable songs here and there.
----
Crackhead Megadeth reigns supreme.
23.03.2019 - 19:08
The Entity
New song sounds great! I not gonna lie, took alot of inspiration from these guys
----
https://enigmaticalofficial.bandcamp.com/
Industrial / Cosmic Black Metal
26.03.2019 - 12:08
Auntie Sahar
Drone Empress
elite
Good one, very good one, but the nitpicker in me thinks there should just a little more pronounced keyboard/synth presence, for old times' sake? Hope this new one has at least one or two good moments like that opening to Droid Sector back from The Key.
----
I am the Magician and the Exorcist. I am the axle of the wheel, and the cube in the circle. “Come unto me” is a foolish word: for it is I that go.

~ II. VII

Hits total: 2030 | This month: 5