Metal Storm logo
27/05/07 Music, Writings, Reviews and Randomness

Written by: Bas
Published: 27.05.2007

Well, since not only staff members but also elite members can post blogs, i decided to give it a shot.

In the last months i've been really lazy with writing new cd reviews but i decided to pick up on it again, so this month i've written three guest reviews till now, not really much but better than nothing, right? so if you have some time to spare you can check out reviews of the swiss symphonic gothic metal band Eeriness here and a review for the "space metal" project by Arjen Anthony Lucassen, mastermind of Ayreon, here. the third review i wrote is for a really strange project called psychopathology orchestra, it's not proofread yet, but you might want to check it out when it is, it's seriously the weirdest piece of music i've ever heard...
i've not only picked up writing cd reviews again, but also picked up writing nonsense humor again. i wrote a second part of my quite popular sir apple poem, a huge poem of about 70 stanzas which contains only pure randomness, it's about the adventures of sir apple, the knightly fruit. i also wrote a short story of about 5000 words titled "the very old testament" which is about god and satan and hair... i got almost exclusively very good feedback for these so i'm quite happy with them, if you like nonsense humor i'll gladly send you one or both of these two writings, just give me a message

and i'm also kind of freaked out because it's been over a month since i was to a concert (last one was no mercy festival, 13.04, check out the review if you like, napalm death, behemoth, moonspell and more, pics included) yes i know, i AM kind of addicted to concerts, lol. but the next thing i am sure i will go is in october... dimmu borgir and amon amarth, and the week after that shakra and three weeks after that sonata arctica and epica, but it's still sooo far away.. oh well

and before i forget, it's summer again! hooray for summer! i like summer, a shame that it's so hot though, lol
at least most of my school is finished for this year though, i dont have any tests anymore this year and it's almost sumer vacation, that doesnt mean that i can rest though unfortunately, i still have to work in summer... oh well, that's life i suppose, right?
and what is a bit work if i have the spirit of metal to give me strength, aye?

and before i forget, both the new Within Tempation and Sirenia albums are really cool in my opinion! i don't care if they aren't so 'metal'

cheers

Comments

Comments: 7   Visited by: 32 users
27.05.2007 - 16:14
Lucas
Mr. Noise
d00d, i'm going to Sonata Arctica as well! In November.

And seriously, why are all blogs about reviews?
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
27.05.2007 - 17:15
Bas
Retired Staff
Written by Lucas on 27.05.2007 at 16:14

d00d, i'm going to Sonata Arctica as well! In November.

because reviews are cool
----
BAS - Beautifully Accented Sexiness
27.05.2007 - 18:23
Raiden
Down Under Staff

101 Rules for being a Metalstormer

#102 - All blogs must mention something about reviews
----
"Scream for me Melbourne!!!!"
- Bruce Dickinson

"I don't see any god up here"
- Yuri Gagarin (while in orbit, 1961)
27.05.2007 - 19:57
Lily_Lazer
Outdated
Hooray for summer indeed ^^ Finally some warmth in here. And in july it'll be extremely hot in here
----
-Lily
28.05.2007 - 00:49
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Oh god. Please reserve such talks for MSN.

But as you know, best from me you two.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
14.06.2007 - 11:11
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Dimmu might disapoint you dude, I saw them not long ago, musically they were decent, stage presence wise they were boring.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
14.06.2007 - 16:01
Darkside Momo
Retired
Written by Raiden on 27.05.2007 at 18:23

101 Rules for being a Metalstormer

#102 - All blogs must mention something about reviews

Good one !
----
My Author's Blog (in French)

"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you"

"I've lost too many years now
I'm stealing back my soul
I am awake"

Hits total: 40677 | This month: 21