08. Diamant
09. Weit Weg
10. Tattoo
11. Hallomann

The Best Industrial / Cyber / Electronic Metal Album Of 2019

Staff review by
ScreamingSteelUS
Rating:
Rammstein have been, in a sense, on ice for a while now. Sure, they've been touring, played some festivals, had a few special releases - they weren't dead - but their last album was ten years ago, and all the Oomph!s, Eisbrechers, Megaherzes, Ruoskas, Raubtiers, and Turmion Kätilöts in the world couldn't fill that void. We needed Rammstein.

Read more ››
published 18.06.2019 | Comments (17)

Found in 32 lists
Top lists

Comments

Comments: 46   Visited by: 951 users
29.03.2019 - 04:36
Rating: 10
VileVick-Bryant

You know for an album cover art I was hoping for something a little more epic. But really it's fine I can see why they picked this.
14.04.2019 - 21:01
Rating: 8
Legionman

This you might be interested:

TRACKLIST:

1.DEUTSCHLAND
2.RADIO
3.FICK DICH
4.AUSLÄNDER
5.SEX
6.PUPPE
7.WAS ICH LIEBE
8.DIAMANT
9.WEIT WEG
10.TATTOO
11.TALLYMANN
18.04.2019 - 23:12
VileVick-Bryant

Yea I heard the samples they put. Apparently the real album cover is just going to be a picture of a match.
26.04.2019 - 13:27
Starvynth
i c deaf people
Second single - and they call it 'dance music' ('Tanzmusik')...

----
signatures = SPAM
27.04.2019 - 15:39
Starvynth
i c deaf people
Written by Legionman on 14.04.2019 at 21:01

This you might be interested:

TRACKLIST:

1.DEUTSCHLAND
2.RADIO
3.FICK DICH
4.AUSLÄNDER
5.SEX
6.PUPPE
7.WAS ICH LIEBE
8.DIAMANT
9.WEIT WEG
10.TATTOO
11.TALLYMANN

Good guessing... ...but wrong.

What even is a 'Tallymann'?

1. Deutschland
2. Radio
3. Zeig Dich
4. Ausländer
5. Sex
6. Puppe
7. Was Ich Liebe
8. Diamant
9. Weit Weg
10. Tattoo
11. Hallomann
----
signatures = SPAM
07.05.2019 - 22:33
Rating: 7
Mountain King
K i K o
Deutschland has a cool intro. I dig both singles, not so amazing but pretty interesting. The videos are nice.
09.05.2019 - 14:23
Mark Ayoub

What nickname should I give this album - "Streichholz", "Streichholzalbum", "Unbeleuchteter Streichholz", "Einsamer Streichholz"?
Also pre-order price in Australia is $33 or $45 (so called deluxe - no extra songs, just a bigger digipak). New releases are usually $20. I'm curious if it's retailing at a higher price than usual elsewhere in the world.
----
It takes a lifetime to build a friendship
And a millisecond to destroy it
16.05.2019 - 10:22
Rating: 9
Holy shit, Lindemann's vocals on Puppe are savage!
16.05.2019 - 15:36
Rating: 6
AlabamaMan666

Where is the bite, where is the energy, where is the controversy, where is the relevance to the current metal world? This is mostly old men radio rock that I bet even my mom would like. It has only two songs that I consider pure metal: "Puppe" and "Tattoo". At least sometimes they tried to spice up the formula with some interesting elements like the keyboard in "Weit weg" and the very calm song "Diamant", but all in all I always feel like something is missing. And what the hell is this atrocious party metal riff in "Ausländer"
17.05.2019 - 00:44
Ahmed Mohamed A

Volume up to 99%, and put Weit Weg on repeat.
17.05.2019 - 07:10
VileVick-Bryant

I like the album really no surprise, although as a shock it's the first album that I have as a 9. Not as powerful as the others yet still enjoyable to me. I have a feeling for some Rammstein fans that like a lot of their more heaver stuff might have a hard time getting into this one. Dispite Ausländer being really poppy it's still really catchy to me. Definitely love Puppe,Tattoo and Hallowman. The song that had to grow on me a bit was Diamant. Over all I still like it. Still have a feeling this album might give some people Rosenrot vibs a little and that's coming from a guy that loves that album too.
17.05.2019 - 09:19
Dalleo

On the first listen I didn't really like it, but after a couple of spins I must say I quite enjoy it. Stand outs for me are Deutschland, Zeig Dich, Weit Weg, Tattoo.

Btw anyone else reminding Weit Weg's intro of Deep Purple's Perfect Strangers?
17.05.2019 - 11:59
Zersorger

I'm quite disappointed to be honest.
17.05.2019 - 12:09
CarolynDenton

This is not Rammstein we got used to, but it sounds good and, foremost, fresh. Though, I can totally understand people who didn't like it
----
New CanadaWriters competition launched. The topic is "Music is a language that doesn't speak in particular words"
17.05.2019 - 13:18
AndreMarcos

I appreciate that they were trying to do something different than what they normally do, but it felt a little bit uninspired. Still it had some good moments ...
17.05.2019 - 13:25
nonZero

As a fan of Rammstein's older albums, I was expecting to be disappointed by this.

Sure, it is different to their other material, but they are getting older and changing as people. It was still a varied and enjoyable listen, enough to warrant an 8/10 rating IMO.
----
Top 500 Albums (ordered & rated)
Top 200 Overlooked Albums (with genres)
So I Heard You Like Wintersun... (Time II find new bands)
17.05.2019 - 17:10
flightoficarus
Stamp Tramp
First half is great. Second half kind of falls off. Might have been better to mix up the energetic songs with the more somber ones.
----
Daily underground metal recommendations at Metal Trenches.
Watch metal content on the Metal Trenches YouTube Channel.
21.05.2019 - 01:18
Baldmetal

10 years to this? OK. First song is blasting. Second is ok... but then is getting worse and worse. I cant explain how experimented musicians need 10 years to make this.
----
O_o
21.05.2019 - 06:38
Jack_Torrance

I'm not disappointed at all, didn't expect it to be this good.
21.05.2019 - 11:21
Athropos
Burning inside
Written by Baldmetal on 21.05.2019 at 01:18

10 years to this? OK. First song is blasting. Second is ok... but then is getting worse and worse. I cant explain how experimented musicians need 10 years to make this.

Puppe is quite good, if you don't speak german I invite you to read the translated lyrics. Overall to me it's an OK album, and Herzeleid will nevertheless stay their best album.
21.05.2019 - 16:30
KvenDawk

Great album, better than their last two IMO. I would place Zeig Dich in their top 10 tracks of all time!
23.05.2019 - 10:42
Blindhate

Im going to listen this album todey. but i dond understen WTF is going on the cover of album????? why why why why why why?????????????????????????????
23.05.2019 - 20:00
Dark Forever
Ruído Sonoro
This gets better and better the more I listen to it.
Deutschland is a strong opener with a really catchy keyboard riff as an intro
Radio is very well crafted, great rhythm and melody in the chorus
Zeig Dich is powerful with those choruses, one of the heavier tracks too
Ausländer is danceable and fun, I don't mind how poppy the pre-chorus sounds
Sex continues with the fun but with more punch, although it's probably one of the weaker trio of tracks
Puppe is heavy, dark and has an unique vocal performance, definitely my favorite
Was Ich Liebe has a great melodic chorus, and although it doesn't add much, it's pleasant to listen to
Diamant is a short but sweet ballad, showing Lindemann's softer side
Weit Weg features some crazy synths, I bet this will crush live
Tattoo is probably the more traditional Rammstein song here and adds little to their discography, but it's enjoyable
Hallomann is a great track to close, leaning towards a more epic sound that waves goodbye on itself

This album shows a mature band that manages to reinvent themselves without losing their identity. Probably my favorite Rammstein effort since Mutter.
----
Taste the DARK...
... and you'll live FOREVER!
24.05.2019 - 00:11
Metal Hazz \m/

This does appear to be a grower provided you don't expect anything to rival Mutter... it is kinda catchy and synth heavy.

Compared with most favourable reviews, I find Deutschland a little disappointing - a solid opening few minutes but just when you want the song to peak with a crushing moment, it loses momentum before a predictable ending.

Hallomann could have been a great closer but once again, a lack of a killer heavy riff at the 3/4 mark hurts it.

Weit Weg and Radio are the current stand outs for me, love them!

One criticism I do have is that Christoph has kept it waaaaaaaaaay too basic throughout... may as well have used a drum machine.

Hovering around 7 at the moment but need more time with it...
27.05.2019 - 14:31
Theodore V
Account deleted
Sorry to be a party-pooper but I find this album entirely unlistenable. I just don't see the appeal. They are obviously masters of their craft but the same can be said about Beyonce...
27.05.2019 - 15:37
RaduP
CertifiedHipster
Written by Guest on 27.05.2019 at 14:31

but the same can be said about Beyonce...

You say that like it's a bad thing
----
Do you think if the heart keeps on shrinking
One day there will be no heart at all?
28.05.2019 - 06:30
Unhealer
Eclecticist
Written by Dalleo on 17.05.2019 at 09:19

Btw anyone else reminding Weit Weg's intro of Deep Purple's Perfect Strangers?

Absolutely! I described this song (my favorite on the album) to a friend as "Rammstein covering Deep Purple", and I was thinking of that song particularly.

Overall I feel disappointed. Mostly because the teaser singles were good, but in the end roughly half of the album is and just a handful of songs are memorable (Puppe is the most interesting one by far). Rammstein had me used to more quality.
28.05.2019 - 10:33
The Entity

My modest hopes and expectations of this album was for it to become my 4th favorite with them (Sehnsucht, Mutter & Reise Reise being my top3), and thats exacly where it has landed. Although its a grower, and is growing to a stronger "4th" by the day...

Ofcourse, people are gonna be complaining. I remember when "Mutter" was released, and people was complaining about the lack of "techno-breaks", and that Till was singing more insteed of the rythmic "barking" he did more on the first 2 and so on... but we all know how Rammstein fans view "Mutter" today...
----
https://enigmaticalofficial.bandcamp.com/
Industrial / Cosmic Black Metal
28.05.2019 - 20:00
Starvynth
i c deaf people
Third single "Ausländer" just got published....

----
signatures = SPAM
29.05.2019 - 07:40
Theodore V
Account deleted
Written by RaduP on 27.05.2019 at 15:37

Written by Guest on 27.05.2019 at 14:31

but the same can be said about Beyonce...

You say that like it's a bad thing

Whatever floats your boat... I'm not going to argue why pop music is shit. It should be self evident.

Hits total: 15133 | This month: 37