Metal Storm logo
In Flames - Guitarist Niclas Engelin To Sit Out European Tour

In Flames guitarist Niclas Engelin will have to sit out the group's upcoming spring and summer European tour to focus on "personal matters". Stepping in for him - once again - will be ex-Megadeth guitarist Chris Broderick. Broderick recently filled in for Engelin during In Flames' North American dates past February and March.

Statement from the band: "To all of the Jesterheads coming out to our upcoming European and UK dates: Niclas will be extending his hiatus though out the Summer to focus on personal matters. Your support has meant a great deal to both Niclas and Chris Broderick, who will remain on the road for the time being. We can't wait to see you soon."

Comments vocalist Anders Fridén: "We've known Chris for 17 years. He was in a band called Jag Panzer, and they opened up for us back then, so we've been friends since. And when Niclas called us, like 48 hours before we had to leave, and he went to the hospital - he had to. So we didn't wanna cancel. Our music is made for two guitars, and we didn't wanna have one guitar playing and everything else on a backing track - we wanted to have someone playing it. We happily found out that Chris was free and he came out and we had a couple of days' rehearsal in Austin before the tour started in Houston. And, yeah, it's going great. We've known him, as I said, for a long time, so we knew it would work on a social level. And his guitar playing is obviously phenomenal."

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: In Flames
Posted: 03.04.2019 by Abattoir

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 12   Visited by: 131 users
03.04.2019 - 14:53
RaduP
CertifiedHipster
They should all sit out
----
Do you think if the heart keeps on shrinking
One day there will be no heart at all?
03.04.2019 - 15:26
s_t_s

Written by RaduP on 03.04.2019 at 14:53

They should all sit out

Almost true ! Some songs in their lastest album are very nice (I Am Above, Burn, Voices and I, The Mask) but I don't understand why other songs are so shitty. It's like this band has two split personalities !
03.04.2019 - 17:32
Liafev

They should all sit out

Well I strongly disagree. I saw them at Wacken this summer and really loved it. Even though I don't like recent albums.
03.04.2019 - 18:43
IBlackened

Written by Liafev on 03.04.2019 at 17:32

Well I strongly disagree. I saw them at Wacken this summer and really loved it. Even though I don't like recent albums.

Did Anders learn how to sing (or growl)? Because even when they play old songs, he butchers them.
----
Their old stuff is better.
03.04.2019 - 19:24
MyNameJeff

They should all sit out

aaah you beat me to it!
04.04.2019 - 01:17
Harmaajoki

"and he works out, eats salmon and plays guitar, - you know what I mean," said coughing Anders during the NA tour
----
Shit talking and shit taste, whatever.
04.04.2019 - 11:01
Kuroboshi

Anders' growl is pretty nice nowadays again.
04.04.2019 - 15:41
The Melting Snow

To self: "y am i still subscribed to this bands updates?"
04.04.2019 - 16:38
s_t_s

Written by Kuroboshi on 04.04.2019 at 11:01

Anders' growl is pretty nice nowadays again.

Growls are fine but from a YT video I saw his clean singing is awful !
05.04.2019 - 00:43
Rapid Fire

Written by The Melting Snow on 04.04.2019 at 15:41

Same here I think it's time for an update in my favourite bands list.
----
Twelve voices were shouting in anger, and they were all alike. The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
05.04.2019 - 01:52
IBlackened

Written by Rapid Fire on 05.04.2019 at 00:43

Written by The Melting Snow on 04.04.2019 at 15:41

Same here I think it's time for an update in my favourite bands list.

At this point, it's just "for the lulz".
----
Their old stuff is better.
19.04.2019 - 19:11
BloodJuNkie
Of Egypt
I disagree with all of you, In Flames is no longer a melodic death metal band (which is their own decision no one has to tell them what to introduce). Their latest 3 albums had many SHITTY tracks but I, The Mask is consistent as a whole. The problem is that it comes from In Flames but we are not teenagers anymore and we accept differences, aren't we?
If you don't like their new direction just stop following them, but what you guys are doing is so childish.

Hits total: 3005 | This month: 3