Metal Storm logo
In Mourning - In The Studio Recording New Album

Agonia Records just informed the fans of Swedish melodic death/doom metallers In Mourning that the band have started recording their new studio album, successor to Afterglow from 2016. Their choice fell on Black Lounge recording studio and producer Jonas Kjellgren, with whom the band recorded their first three studio albums.

Recordings commenced early March, with bass guitar tracking already completed, and cover artwork finished by Kristian Wåhlin (Bathory, At The Gates, King Diamond). Last weekend In Mourning took a short break during which the band played at Denmark's Temple Of Doom Days Festival. At the moment the five-piece is back in studio and well into guitar tracking.

"It's going well. Good times", comments guitarist and vocalist, Björn Pettersson. "Drums and bass are done and those two gentlemen did some outstanding work with their instruments. Rhythm guitars are being tracked and coffee is being drunk, we're nearing the end of rhythm guitar tracking by now and it's all sounding really beefy. We're really being meticulous this time and I think both our tone and our playing is better than ever. We recorded drums and bass over at Black Lounge studio together with Jonas Kjellgren, like we did for our first three records and we're tracking the guitars at Tobias home studio room with some gear and guidance from Jonas. It will be a hard punching and beautiful beast of an album and we're of course super stoked to get it recorded and released".

Photo courtesy of the band's Facebook page

Source: label.agoniarecords.com
Band profile: In Mourning
Posted: 06.04.2019 by nikarg

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 5   Visited by: 87 users
06.04.2019 - 22:05
Khold Baroness

Good news...i hope its in the way of afterglow 👍
06.04.2019 - 23:06
MetalManic

Written by Khold Baroness on 06.04.2019 at 22:05

Good news...i hope its in the way of afterglow 👍

Except for the production. Man was that a horribly produced album. The cd version sounded like garbage.
07.04.2019 - 02:37
tominator
At best deranged
Really looking forward to this album!
08.04.2019 - 03:39
kaskadian

Fuck yes!
08.04.2019 - 18:35
MeatWolf

Written by tominator on 07.04.2019 at 02:37

Really looking forward to this album!

I guess that's where anti-loudness war takes some bands (another examples being e.g. recent Moonsorrow, recent Draugnim etc.). People don't get you shouldn't record the music like in the 80s when your music is NOT like in the 80s and is much more detailed instead.

Hits total: 2074 | This month: 4