03. Zombie Executioner
04. The Edge Of The Hatchet
05. Bled To Death
06. Resurrection Of The Rotten
07. As The Blade Turns
08. The Evil Eye
09. In A Vacant Grave
10. Ghosts Of The Undead

While last year was more than impressive for the Death Metal scene, this one is just very mediocre, the rebirth of Angelcorpse was unispired, the Immolation CD is just another Immolation CD...and now this...

Can't anyone hear this band stole a Suffocation's riff from "Infecting The Crypts? It's driving me nuts actually, please you guys, hear that song and then hear "Zombie Executioner" from Six Feet Under it's the same main fucking riff for god's sake, why in fucking hell nobody notices this? Well I have to calm down first...

Ok we all love Chris Barnes voice right? This time it's more brutal than ever and even louder, yeah he uses only one tone though, that sucks. Well, I can easily say this is their best effort to date, too bad that's not saying a lot as this is just less mediocre than their previous albums, the music is weak and I think the only reason this doesn't sounds as bad is because Six Feet Under took cool riffs from other bands and twisted them in a couple of levels...well at least they're somehow creative I'd give them that.

The music has just one main line and that's it, there is no balance in this album, no layers at all and that makes it totally tedious, after the first 3 tracks you'll be already looking for something else to hear, if you haven't found anything by the fifth song you'll be drowned in total boredom and you might as well run away to do something more productive, maybe watching grass grow is far more entertaining.

Uh there's a simplistic guitar solo in "Resurrection Of The Rotten", it lasts for 3 seconds so it's not worthwhile. The best thing for everyone would be to hear ringtones or something, like the ones I downloaded from a cool little website, everytime my girlfriend calls I hear "Honey? I'm home" in a very pleasant way...also when my boss calls, Jack Black screams"Crap is that bitch again, don't you fucking answer the phone" and so on...that's cool stuff to hear at least.

Anyway, this band needs to die as soon as possible, while this happens try to sit back and enjoy watching grass just being grass, you can also try doing Fondue, that takes some time and the final result is awesome...where was I? Oh yes...Fondue rocks!!!

Rating breakdown
Performance: 6
Songwriting: 5
Originality: 3
Production: 7

Written by Herzebeth | 28.05.2007

Comments

Comments: 23   Visited by: 158 users
28.05.2007 - 15:38
dancingdecember

ive never seen one person that "really" likes this band so why they are still..a band?everyone is holding back their words out of respect for barnes i think.actually i kinda like some stuff in bringer of blood,gonna check this out too but they are really weak as you said.good review.. *goes to watch grasses grow*
----
i'm super, thanks for asking
28.05.2007 - 15:50
Lucas
Mr. Noise
That part about ringtones was a bit difficult to understand, a bit incoherent. Or is it just me?

Nice review though. I think I'm gonna go out and watch the grass grow.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
28.05.2007 - 17:32
-=FlaurosDagon=-
Account deleted
Grass growing > this album haha
Good review man...this year's kind of been lacking in the "awesome" releases :-/
28.05.2007 - 18:15
Herzebeth

Written by Lucas on 28.05.2007 at 15:50

That part about ringtones was a bit difficult to understand, a bit incoherent. Or is it just me?

so nice of you to notice
----
28.05.2007 - 18:21
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Written by Herzebeth on 28.05.2007 at 18:15

so nice of you to notice

Huh? What did you mean?
----

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
28.05.2007 - 18:40
Bas
Retired Staff
amusing review for an album that isnt
----
BAS - Beautifully Accented Sexiness
28.05.2007 - 18:48
Carrion
Account deleted
This review is almost as funny as the one from Megadeth's Risk
28.05.2007 - 18:53
Herzebeth

Written by Lucas on 28.05.2007 at 18:21

Written by Herzebeth on 28.05.2007 at 18:15

so nice of you to notice

Huh? What did you mean?

I guess I meant it was incoherent on purpose, I was trying to imply that ringtones are more interesting than this album I thought you noticed that so I thought it was nice
----
28.05.2007 - 19:45
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Written by Herzebeth on 28.05.2007 at 18:53

I guess I meant it was incoherent on purpose, I was trying to imply that ringtones are more interesting than this album I thought you noticed that so I thought it was nice

If you intended it to be incoherent you have succeeded without doubt.
----

28.05.2007 - 19:50
Herzebeth

lol.

though the main intention is for you guys to avoid this album at all costs...

maybe if you're curious you can download it
----
28.05.2007 - 19:55
dancingdecember

of course..always "download first"(like safety first)in these cases.btw these grasses really grow very slow you know
----
28.05.2007 - 20:00
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by dancingdecember on 28.05.2007 at 19:55

of course..always "download first"(like safety first)in these cases.btw these grasses really grow very slow you know

Why even download first when it comes to Six Feet Under, they have ALWAYS played crappy death metal at best. I have never ever understood why people thought this band was any good at all. THE most generic death metal ever is from this band.As many people might know I already hold Cannibal Corpse in very low esteem but they seem like dm wizards compared to SFU.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

28.05.2007 - 20:13
dancingdecember

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 28.05.2007 at 20:00

Written by dancingdecember on 28.05.2007 at 19:55

Why even download first when it comes to Six Feet Under, they have ALWAYS played crappy death metal at best. I have never ever understood why people thought this band was any good at all. THE most generic death metal ever is from this band.As many people might know I already hold Cannibal Corpse in very low esteem but they seem like dm wizards compared to SFU.

well i just added that to enforce herzebeth's opinion i agree with you in sfu(but not in CC of course) but im a curious person and i like to have an idea about the album to say "yea they are not any better in this album too" at worst.and who knows in some moment i will be like "yeaaaa bring this fukkin place down "
----
28.05.2007 - 20:24
Herzebeth

Sure you will!

You'll be bringing the fukkin place down out of anger, "Why in fuck did I had to listen to this?"
----
28.05.2007 - 20:51
Curtis the Bum
Account deleted
yeah theres pretty much NOTHING by Six Feet Under that's any good lol.
28.05.2007 - 23:30
Insineratehymn
Account deleted
I agree that Six Feet Under is the worst death metal band that was ever formed, but then again, Chris Barnes always sucked, and this album shows it. Actually, all of Six Feet Under's albums show it, but you know what I'm trying to say.
30.05.2007 - 20:46
Rating: 6
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Chris Barnes is more brutal than having a boner in a mosh pit. Too bad this album is a little boring and there are practically no guitar solos. It does kick the shit out of Bringer of Blood though.
15.11.2007 - 03:19
Behemnil
Account deleted
This album definitly wasnt their best. It had the same simple guitar and the same simple drums through every song. Zombie Executionar and The Edge of the Hachet choped my nuts off and sold them to wallmart, which means they rocked my cock. Doomsday was alright but all the other songs were w/e.:suicide:
14.10.2008 - 22:28
Murder

the only album that I had is "13" I think is a good album... but this album really sucks cock....
26.01.2009 - 02:33
thesabbathfan

I've grown to love SFU, took me a while, at first Barnes's cookie monster growls pissed me off

but now i think SFU is [i]the]/i] shit.
----
24.03.2009 - 19:11
Rating: 8
Xeros612

Written by dancingdecember on 28.05.2007 at 15:38

ive never seen one person that "really" likes this band so why they are still..a band?everyone is holding back their words out of respect for barnes i think.actually i kinda like some stuff in bringer of blood,gonna check this out too but they are really weak as you said.good review.. *goes to watch grasses grow*

Well, since when have underground metal bands really cared about the number of fans they have?
13.04.2009 - 05:02
Daggon
Underpaid M.D.
Written by Herzebeth on 28.05.2007 at 20:24

Sure you will!

You'll be bringing the fukkin place down out of anger, "Why in fuck did I had to listen to this?"

Yeah I know how does that feels... "A Sense Of Purpose" duh
----
"Les vers savent qu'ils n'ont pas d'ailes, c'est pour cela qu'ils se cachent sous terre"
14.06.2009 - 12:10
Uirapuru
Liver Failure
Written by thesabbathfan on 26.01.2009 at 02:33

I've grown to love SFU, took me a while, at first Barnes's cookie monster growls pissed me off

but now i think SFU is [i]the]/i] shit.

Same here.

But even without a problem with the vocals, this album is horrible. I have to agree with the review.

''Ghosts of the undead'' i found to be a good song. But it takes the whole album to find this good song. It pissed me off.
----

----
member of the true crusade against old school heavy metal, early 80s thrash, NWOBHM, traditional doom, first and second wave black metal, old school death metal, US power metal, 70s prog rock and atmospheric doomsludgestoner. o/

Hits total: 5174 | This month: 3