Metal Storm logo
Legend of the Five rings

29.05.2007 - 03:16
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
So I have played this game for a good four years. It has expanded from a card game to an RPG and it has had other varius offshoots. I have even heard that the game "Jade Empire" is loosely based off of L5R.

Edit is here:
What Legend of the five rings is is a game based around a mythical land called rokugan, which is basically a carbon copy of feudal japan. It has a mostly xonophobic population, there are samarai, ninja, Shugenja (Wizards) Monks and Dragons. there are seven major clans; Crane, Scorpian, Crab, Phoenix, Dragon, Unicorn, and Mantis. Each clan has special characteristics and unique traits about them. There is also the empire, which unites Rokugan, but much like feudal japan, the emporer has only limited powers over the actions of the clans. The Clans also must unite in order to fight an evil called "The shadowlands" which is a corrupted and demon infested area just south of crab lands. The Crab of course are the main guardians against the shadowlands and if not for them the empire would fall. Here are some links to sights and such.
http://l5r.alderac.com/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legend_of_the_Five_Rings
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legend_of_the_Five_Rings_(collectible_card_game)

Who else here plays?
----
"For the Coward there is no Life
For the hero there is No Death"
-Kakita Toshimoko

"The Philosopher, you know so much about nothing at all." _Chuck Schuldiner.
29.05.2007 - 08:52
legend_destroyer
Account deleted
this is mostly a bump post.
I have played the game for about 3 years now though recently I have had a bit of a falling out with both the rpg and the card game. Too many tensions running high over stupid arguments on both of them because of poor beta testing.
@Arian Totalis
perhaps you should explain a little about the story homie, so maybe other people will become interested and check it out. Well here I go. Legend of the Five Rings (l5r) was created in 1995 by Alderact entertainment group (AEG). The setting of the stiry takes place in a fictional island called Rokugan, The customs, and legends are based off of Mongol, Japanese, and chinese, customs, where as the religion is based loosely off of Shintoism with Buddhist philosophy.
Rokugan is set in a island secluded from the rest of the world by miles of ocean (basically it takes place in japan) the timeline is about 1000 ad (1st edition) and being based off of japanese lore who could resist the call of the samurai. You find that most of the customs are based around mideval japanese customs, samurai, ninja, mages who use the kamis in surrounding elements, and of course snobby politicians who all but run the country.
I am sorry this may not be the best review ever written and it is missing a lot of information. But If I were to type everything I know about this game it may take a few days, it would be better if I could explain it in person, but alas I can not.
30.05.2007 - 01:13
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
Written by Guest on 29.05.2007 at 08:52

@Arian Totalis
perhaps you should explain a little about the story homie, so maybe other people will become interested and check it out. Well here I go. Legend of the Five Rings (l5r) was created in 1995 by Alderact entertainment group (AEG). The setting of the stiry takes place in a fictional island called Rokugan, The customs, and legends are based off of Mongol, Japanese, and chinese, customs, where as the religion is based loosely off of Shintoism with Buddhist philosophy.
Rokugan is set in a island secluded from the rest of the world by miles of ocean (basically it takes place in japan) the timeline is about 1000 ad (1st edition) and being based off of japanese lore who could resist the call of the samurai. You find that most of the customs are based around mideval japanese customs, samurai, ninja, mages who use the kamis in surrounding elements, and of course snobby politicians who all but run the country.
I am sorry this may not be the best review ever written and it is missing a lot of information. But If I were to type everything I know about this game it may take a few days, it would be better if I could explain it in person, but alas I can not.

ok, I'll make an edit in the OP. I was feeling tired when I posted the thread.
----
"For the Coward there is no Life
For the hero there is No Death"
-Kakita Toshimoko

"The Philosopher, you know so much about nothing at all." _Chuck Schuldiner.