Metal Storm logo
Obituary - New Album Title Announced

Florida death metal legends Obituary have set "Xecutioner's Return" (Candlelight Records) as the title of their forthcoming album. The CD's release date has been pushed forward to August 28 from the previously announced September 11. The band is finalizing U.S. touring plans now that will kick off in early September. Full tour details will be announced shortly.

Obituary is working with artist Andreas Marshall for the cover art for "Xecutioner's Return". Marshall has worked with the band for "The End Complete" and their most recent record "Frozen in Time". Tracking of the record has now been completed with mixing and mastering now on schedule in the coming weeks.

Source: roadrunnerrecords.com
Band profile: Obituary
Posted: 29.05.2007 by Dangerboner

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 13   Visited by: 2 users
29.05.2007 - 22:59
Katatronik
Angel of Lust
Great, I'm looking forward to the new album!
----

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear,
and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown."
Howard Phillips Lovecraft
29.05.2007 - 23:08
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
Elite
Good news. An advanced release date, touring plans, in brief that of happiness. And obviously I hope a great album.
29.05.2007 - 23:15
Icewings
La Luna
Great news , can't wait to hear the album !
----

Metalheads for Black Lives and Land Back
29.05.2007 - 23:24
AncientOrigins
The title sucks, but the music most likely won't
----
http://myspace.com/shoresofsheol - My Black Metal band
29.05.2007 - 23:41
bluemobiusx
Account deleted
Written by AncientOrigins on 29.05.2007 at 23:24

The title sucks, but the music most likely won't

The title doesn't suck. The band was called Xecutioner before they changed their name to Obituary. I think the title is a great reference to the old name.
30.05.2007 - 01:25
Megad3th
Sick Minded
Accually it was Executioner to Xecutioner to Obituary... i had an interview with John Tardy .. read one of the questions below with an answer. btw the news is great but you think a new vocal will enter or the fixed one will return?

"From "Executioner" to "Xecutioner" to "Obituary"... How can you explain that? And why did u change the bands name?

Executioner was our first name and it was not very original. I am sure there were hundreds of other bands named executioner at the time. Before we released Slowly We Rot we thought it would be best to change our name! "
30.05.2007 - 01:33
WreckingCrew
Account deleted
damn i thought obituary would go out on frozen in time, but yay gd to hear theyre recording something new!
30.05.2007 - 02:55
dancingdecember
definitely great reference i think.and it made me laugh hail Xecutioner !!
----
i'm super, thanks for asking
30.05.2007 - 08:11
AncientOrigins
Written by Guest on 29.05.2007 at 23:41

The title doesn't suck. The band was called Xecutioner before they changed their name to Obituary. I think the title is a great reference to the old name.

I never liked "Xecutioner" in the first place, so a reference to a bad name is still bad for me
----
http://myspace.com/shoresofsheol - My Black Metal band
31.05.2007 - 03:28
Syk
myspace/bonerama
I agree with Revelation. Were they still thrash when they dropped the E or had they begun their deathness?
----
death ? thrash ? death/doom/prog ? Hail Zoldon!

he's not the kind you have to wind up on Sundays
31.05.2007 - 03:37
APOHAKC
The Bard
I don't like that name at all.. but name is not important, music is important.. Go Obituary!
----
They say that we are gone but I can't let you down
The heathen faith will rise again we won't fail now
I know we cannot die forever is our time
Give my people back to me free from Christianity!!!!
31.05.2007 - 20:57
Cut-Throat
superb news. its a good album title and its going to be a great album. and with malevolent creation and morbid angel also bringing out new albums this year its going to be a great year for death metal. come on Obituary!
03.06.2007 - 18:27
Xtreme Jax
Psycroptipath
Maybe they should have named it "Need A Get-Out-Of-Jail Free Card" ...

Looking forward to it.
----

Hellcunt Smurf

Hits total: 3784 | This month: 6