Metal Storm logo
Tarja - Stream First Song From Upcoming Studio Album

Finnish singer Tarja shares a brand new lyric video for the song "Dead Promises", featuring on the upcoming studio album, titled In The Raw. The clip was done by by Scott Kennedy (12 Inch Media). More details, including release date, formats and pre-order, will be revealed very soon. Stay tuned.

"I really like how the guitar sounds: in your face," comments Tarja on the song. "If I'm singing powerfully, I need something powerful behind me so that I don't feel like I am left alone."

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Tarja
Posted: 01.05.2019 by Spacerunner

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 7   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 114 users
01.05.2019 - 23:33
SoUnDs LiKe PoP
IMO her music was much more enjoyable on her debut album, whenever the music was darker and more classical, and she was trying less desperately to sound metal.
----
I lift weights and listen to metal
02.05.2019 - 13:52
Byners
Well... This sounds... Promising.
----
"Seize the day or die regretting the time you lost..."
02.05.2019 - 14:40
Ismarmlp
I love this song. I can't wait for the album!
02.05.2019 - 22:38
Azarath
Free as a.. Fish
Meh.
03.05.2019 - 01:51
dammage11
Kind of lame honestly. The instruments are very bland and uninspired, and Tarja seems fairly subdued as well.

When you have her first couple of solo albums and her Nightwish albums in this world, it seems like this serves no purpose other than to be heard once and then go back to listen to the good shit again.
04.05.2019 - 06:33
Susan
Smeghead
Elite
Nice heavy rock, and she sounds REALLY good. I especially liked the weird shit she did on Colors in the Dark, so hopefully this is one of those instances where they put forth a more generic lead single with wider appeal and save the goodies for the album.
----
"A life all mine
Is what I choose
At the end of my days"
--The Gathering "A Life All Mine" from Souvenirs
26.06.2019 - 06:10
moribun
Written by Susan on 04.05.2019 at 06:33

Nice heavy rock, and she sounds REALLY good. I especially liked the weird shit she did on Colors in the Dark, so hopefully this is one of those instances where they put forth a more generic lead single with wider appeal and save the goodies for the album.

Colours In The Dark is certainly my favourite as well, especially the experimental elements.

Hits total: 1929 | This month: 3