Metal Storm logo
Turilli / Lione Rhapsody - Release First Single

Turilli / Lione Rhapsody - featuring original Rhapsody members Luca Turilli and Fabio Lione, alongside former Rhapsody members Dominique Leurquin, Patrice Guers and Alex Holzwarth - will release its debut album, Zero Gravity (Rebirth And Evolution), on June 28 through Nuclear Blast (King Records in Japan and rest of Asia).

Now we have our first taste of the upcoming record through "Phoenix Rising", the first single released from the record. You can listen to it below:

Lione states: "'Phoenix Rising' represents the bridge between our past and our artistic future, including some elements of the traditional symphonic metal school combined with heavy guitars, the modern sounds we love nowadays and an ethnic interlude featuring the unique voice of Mongolian artist Uyanga Bold. Once recorded, 'Phoenix Rising' got immediately stuck in our head and we found ourselves singing the chorus all day long. For all these reasons we consider it as the perfect opener for our debut album and for our upcoming live shows!"

Turilli adds: "Fabio's emotional performance underlines the intense lyrics inspired by sacred geometry, quantum physics and the secrets of the ancient wisdom, telling about a human being and his dramatic process of self-realization after experiencing an inner quake and the impelling need to move beyond the illusion of duality and the loops related with the material aspects of life in order to reach a higher level of consciousness and find his place in the geometry of existence."

Zero Gravity (Rebirth And Evolution)

The upcoming album was produced by Luca and Fabio themselves, with Simone Mularoni handling the recording, engineering, mixing and mastering. The cover art was designed by Stefan Heilemann, who has previously worked on both Luca Turilli's Rhapsody records. The record also features guest appearances from Elize Ryd of Amaranthe and Mark Basile of DGM. The tracklist is as follows:

01. Phoenix Rising
02. D.N.A. (Demon And Angel) [feat. Elize Ryd]
03. Zero Gravity
04. Fast Radio Burst
05. Decoding The Multiverse
06. Origins
07. Multidimensional
08. Amata Immortale
09. I Am [feat. Mark Basile]
10. Arcanum (Da Vinci's Enigma)
11. Oceano [feat. Sascha Paeth, Arne Wiegand] (bonus track on digipak and 2LP only)

Source: youtube.com
Band profile: Turilli / Lione Rhapsody
Posted: 08.05.2019 by D88M3R

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 18   [ 2 ignored ]   Visited by: 120 users
08.05.2019 - 11:41
wrathchild

Huhu, another Rhapsody... but I like the line-up of this one.
Somehow I hope this is successful enough so that Lione focusses on it and quit Angra (it never felt like Angra since he joined, he fits Rhapsody best).
----
La belleza no reside en lo que puedas crear, sino en lo que eres capaz de transmitir
Beauty resides not in what you're able to create, but in what you're able to communicate

Txus, Mägo De Oz
08.05.2019 - 12:21
JoHn Doe

Needs a bigger cover

they lost me with those lyrics...
----
I thought the two primary purposes for the internet were cat memes and overreactions.
08.05.2019 - 14:03
Byners

Enjoyable... Although I miss the dragons.
----
"Seize the day or die regretting the time you lost..."
08.05.2019 - 15:17
zikon

Turilli/Lione's Rhapsody of True Fire's Emerald Sword Legacy of Enchanted Rhapsody Lands Rhapsody
----
"The poetry of the earth is never dead" John Keats
08.05.2019 - 20:43
D88M3R

Written by Irritable Ted on 08.05.2019 at 11:51

Great track reminds me of Prophet Of The Last Eclipse, but those lyrics? They're terrible. "To evolve as the perfect triangle" almost as bad as "I am the table"

The lyrics are great, as good as the ones in the Prometheus song, they might not be very well written, but their meaning is amazing
09.05.2019 - 00:19
CWA

This has made my day. I hope im not the minority here, but i would much rather hear Conti sing in lucas turillis rhapsody.
09.05.2019 - 00:48
Metren
Dreadrealm
Bo Burnham's "New Math" is a far superior song.
----
My one-man project's Bandcamp with free downloads: https://dreadrealm.bandcamp.com/
09.05.2019 - 00:50
SoUnDs LiKe PoP

I'm going to say what nobody else is brave enough to say: RoF's earliest albums were unoriginal and generic power metal.

Now this... this song is great. Keeps the catchy, power metal formula, but adds some new elements. I'm very happy with it. Way better than anything that "Luca Turilli's Rhapsody" ever offered.
----
I lift weights and listen to metal
09.05.2019 - 05:24
Absinthe

This is pretty cool, and I'll definitely buy the album, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little disappointed that Conti (or whatever his name is) won't be singing on the 'Prometheus' follow-up. Damn I love that album. I do have to admit that the name of the band is getting a bit complicated...
09.05.2019 - 23:39

Written by zikon on 08.05.2019 at 15:17

Turilli/Lione's Rhapsody of True Fire's Emerald Sword Legacy of Enchanted Rhapsody Lands Rhapsody

I would buy this album. And t-shirt. And Flag. And patch.
10.05.2019 - 00:23
Darkside Momo
Retired
The song's pretty good, actually! Kinda like the old Turilli solo stuff, but a bit more restrained and with Fabio.
Still, I would have preffered dragons and knights and magic swords
----
My Author's Blog (in French)

"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you"

"I've lost too many years now
I'm stealing back my soul
I am awake"
10.05.2019 - 01:03
D88M3R

Written by SoUnDs LiKe PoP on 09.05.2019 at 00:50

I'm going to say what nobody else is brave enough to say: RoF's earliest albums were unoriginal and generic power metal.

Now this... this song is great. Keeps the catchy, power metal formula, but adds some new elements. I'm very happy with it. Way better than anything that "Luca Turilli's Rhapsody" ever offered.

Do you mean Staropoli RoF? From the original Rhapsody, all albums are good, not perfect, but pretty good. Everything that Turilli has done is pretty good too. Then what Staropoli does is meh. Dark Wings sucked in all aspects, Into The Legend was decent with some good moments and The Eight Mountain is meh with lots of recycled stuff from previous albums.
10.05.2019 - 01:08
D88M3R

Written by Irritable Ted on 09.05.2019 at 11:24

Written by D88M3R on 08.05.2019 at 20:43

Written by Irritable Ted on 08.05.2019 at 11:51

Great track reminds me of Prophet Of The Last Eclipse, but those lyrics? They're terrible. "To evolve as the perfect triangle" almost as bad as "I am the table"

The lyrics are great, as good as the ones in the Prometheus song, they might not be very well written, but their meaning is amazing

Now all the songs about pixies and goblins make sense compared to this. All the talk of squares, triangles and circles, I thought it was about designing the new PS5 gamepad.

All the dragon and stuff talk made sense too, it was just all metaphorical/allegorical/symbolic, now he is being more direct with his themes but he is basically talking about the same stuff that he always did, which is basically the evolution of human consciousness in current times. I had a kinda of Eureka! moment when i finally discovered what Rhapsody/Turilli lyrics were really about, specially on the Emerald Sword and Dark Secret sagas, it is really cool
10.05.2019 - 03:05
SoUnDs LiKe PoP

Written by D88M3R on 10.05.2019 at 01:03

Written by SoUnDs LiKe PoP on 09.05.2019 at 00:50

Do you mean Staropoli RoF? From the original Rhapsody, all albums are good, not perfect, but pretty good. Everything that Turilli has done is pretty good too. Then what Staropoli does is meh. Dark Wings sucked in all aspects, Into The Legend was decent with some good moments and The Eight Mountain is meh with lots of recycled stuff from previous albums.

Nope, I am referring to albums such as Legendary Tales and Dawn of Victory. They were good albums, but are terribly overrated, as earlier albums by popular metal bands typically are. Blasphemy, I know...
----
10.05.2019 - 04:02
Darkside Momo
Retired
Written by SoUnDs LiKe PoP on 10.05.2019 at 03:05

Nope, I am referring to albums such as Legendary Tales and Dawn of Victory. They were good albums, but are terribly overrated, as earlier albums by popular metal bands typically are. Blasphemy, I know...

I agree on Legendary Tales being overrated - it's typical power metal of the times, just a tad more sympho than usual. Dawn of Victory? Not so much, and while it has great moments, I don't think it's as good as Symphony... before or Power... after.
----

I am awake"
10.05.2019 - 04:56
SoUnDs LiKe PoP

Written by Darkside Momo on 10.05.2019 at 04:02

Written by SoUnDs LiKe PoP on 10.05.2019 at 03:05

I agree on Legendary Tales being overrated - it's typical power metal of the times, just a tad more sympho than usual. Dawn of Victory? Not so much, and while it has great moments, I don't think it's as good as Symphony... before or Power... after.

I always felt like The Frozen Tears of Angels was their masterpiece. It had by far the best production quality, and had the perfect combination of symphonic, power, and theatrical elements. Even things like the utilization of choirs and softer songs seemed perfectly balanced.
----
10.05.2019 - 16:41
Darkside Momo
Retired
Written by SoUnDs LiKe PoP on 10.05.2019 at 04:56

I always felt like The Frozen Tears of Angels was their masterpiece. It had by far the best production quality, and had the perfect combination of symphonic, power, and theatrical elements. Even things like the utilization of choirs and softer songs seemed perfectly balanced.

While I still prefer Symphony I and Power..., I agree, Frozen Tears is definitely a masterpiece - and an underrated one, that's for sure
----

I am awake"
13.05.2019 - 03:51
SoUnDs LiKe PoP

Written by Darkside Momo on 10.05.2019 at 16:41

Written by SoUnDs LiKe PoP on 10.05.2019 at 04:56

While I still prefer Symphony I and Power..., I agree, Frozen Tears is definitely a masterpiece - and an underrated one, that's for sure

Symphony I is definitely my favorite older album of theirs. Power got me at first, but hasn't aged well for me - I think something about the tuning of the guitars on that album really throws me off.
----

Hits total: 2552 | This month: 5