Metal Storm logo
SubRosa - Disband

Sad news for SubRosa fans since the band has announced that its members have decided to call it quits and focus on other projects. A statement was posted earlier today on the band's Facebook page explaining the situation and informing of the future plans of SubRosa's members.

Official statement on Facebook: "To all of our beautiful, supportive fans and friends,

"After a magical 13-year run, SubRosa is calling it quits (for now). Rebecca decided she wanted to focus on her solo project, The Keening, and Kim, Sarah, Levi and Andy have all been able to focus their creative energies on other musical ventures. We would never have experienced our dreams as reality without you, and we cannot thank you enough. Rather than despairing over what is lost, we want to continue this journey with you. We are all on fire right now writing new music:

"Kim and her partner are soon releasing their noise/doom/electro-magma love child into the world as Teleprom. Andy is about to put out a new record with his 2-piece bass and drums band DØNE. Sarah and Zachary Livingston from Minsk are releasing the first Asphodel Wine album Slowdance Macabre - a dynamic sonic narrative of love, passion, fire and the perils of consciousness - early next year, and are already writing their second album. Rebecca has started writing music for her solo project The Keening. And last but not least, Andy, Kim, Levi, and Sarah are writing an album that is heavier than a truckload of lead bricks. Our band is unnamed as of this announcement, but we will keep you posted on that.

"If you ever came to a SubRosa show, listened to a song, gave us a place to crash, booked a show, promoted our music, or worked with us in any way, you were part of our dream. In particular, we'd like to thank our label owners and booking agents: Chris Bruni, Nathan Carson, Nanouk de Meijere and Ola Blomkvist, for supporting us continually through the years. We love you."

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: SubRosa
Posted: 21.05.2019 by nikarg

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 10   Visited by: 136 users
21.05.2019 - 13:36
Mercurial

One of the best bands of their type, and of all time. A void will exist now.
21.05.2019 - 14:06
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
What a good news
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
21.05.2019 - 14:31
LuciferOfGayness
Account deleted
Good time to call it quits imo. One of the best discs since 2010, not sure which one is their best. Great band
21.05.2019 - 17:51
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
=(
----
"Aah! The cat turned into a cat!"
- Reimu Hakurei
22.05.2019 - 00:16
Desha
delicious dish
Yeah it's pretty sad, but it seems it won't necessarily be permanent and they have lots of side projects at least. So hey, maybe there is a bright side and there is hope for the mighty ones.
----
You are the hammer, I am the nail
building a house in the fire on the hill
22.05.2019 - 03:22
AncientMystic

One of the best live bands I've seen in recent years. Hope the new projects are interesting.
22.05.2019 - 09:33
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
It is sad.

I'll wait for the day when SubRosa's comeback record will be awesome.
22.05.2019 - 18:37
AV6

This is really sad. Just past week I was thinking would I someday witness them live.
22.05.2019 - 19:33
Lou Rambler

Sad news, but i'm not completely surprised. After their last album i remember i was thinking that it would be very hard for them to make a follow up with such intensity, heaviness and beauty all so well crafted... unless they decide to take a change in direction, maybe to something lighter... Finally they've decided to take many different paths...
Good luck to all of them, especially if it´s for a great comeback in the future.
23.05.2019 - 22:31
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
Written by Desha on 22.05.2019 at 00:16

Yeah it's pretty sad, but it seems it won't necessarily be permanent and they have lots of side projects at least. So hey, maybe there is a bright side and there is hope for the mighty ones.

Yeah more than often side projects turn out to be even better than the main ones... Hope that's the case
----
"Aah! The cat turned into a cat!"
- Reimu Hakurei

Hits total: 2068 | This month: 10