Metal Storm logo
3D Design

02.06.2007 - 02:21
ToCSiN
Account deleted
I noticed that there is no topic about 3D Design either Animation or Still Image, so i thought of opening this topic and see what you guys have.
Well if you can provide the name of the programme(s) and some information about the design that would be lovey!
So .. let's see
02.06.2007 - 02:33
ToCSiN
Account deleted
I will start by my self

Title: Crossing The Valley Of Despondency

Programmes: 3D Studio Max + Photoshop
Information: That was the last project i worked on and i used it as a project for my college.

Title: God Of The Cold White Silence

Programmes: 3D Studio Max + Photography Still Image
Information: Just a simple picture showing the dawn, the idea behind it was testing the light effects via 3D Max.

Title: 3D Illusions

Programmes: 3D Studio Max
Information: Just to show how Glass/Mirror/Water Materials can be effected by life and effect objects around it.

Title: Welcome .. To The Real World

Programmes: Maya + Photoshop
Information: Used Maya to create the 3D bumb skin after editing the picture on Photoshop to give it this digital effect.

Title: Nuclear Cell

Programmes: 3D Studio Max
Information: Just a simple test on OMIN lights to see how realistic i can get it, so i created this shape and just by chance it happened to look like a cell and after some test on the light i loved the greenish nuclear light, so it used it and here we go!

Hope to see some of your work 3D Folks ... more of my work will be posted as soon as i finish it.
Rock on
02.06.2007 - 18:51
matthioso

really nice pics
----
www.seedofrock.be
11.06.2007 - 03:05
ToCSiN
Account deleted
It seems that no one interested in 3D Work here :S
11.06.2007 - 23:07
wrathchild

Well, I am interested but you gotta admit it's hard for people who do not know any 3D software to fully appreciate the work behind those pics. Besides, I'd say more information you can provide on how you did it, the better it will be.

I'd advise those who are interested to come up with some kind of tutorial on some 3D freeware like Blender, or even shareware (metasequoia).
----
La belleza no reside en lo que puedas crear, sino en lo que eres capaz de transmitir
Beauty resides not in what you're able to create, but in what you're able to communicate

Txus, Mägo De Oz
15.06.2007 - 01:42
ToCSiN
Account deleted
Written by wrathchild on 11.06.2007 at 23:07

Well, I am interested but you gotta admit it's hard for people who do not know any 3D software to fully appreciate the work behind those pics. Besides, I'd say more information you can provide on how you did it, the better it will be.

I'd advise those who are interested to come up with some kind of tutorial on some 3D freeware like Blender, or even shareware (metasequoia).

You damn right man, not that much people are into that kind of design while it's just one of my fav ever.
About tutorials, i can provide some ... i did like 4 tutorials so far, i can post them if you want, but the problem that it's all on 3D Studio Max.
30.06.2007 - 19:43
Mindheist
No Longer Human
Nice work indeed, I loved your pics ToCSiN . In fact, could you please tell me where exactly did you learn on this stuff? Links would be very helpful. Thanks
30.06.2007 - 23:47
ToCSiN
Account deleted
Well man i do study Design for Digital Media in uni, so i would say the main source is my uni, but also you can find a lot of such helpful stuff for things like that via Tutorials websites online.
I found a lot of stuff there. so give it a shot
and thanks for your comment man .. respect!
01.07.2007 - 20:59
Lupas
Maximus
@Tocsin : The real world is a good job. Keep it up dude.

I have a link http://www.biorust.com . This is a very helpful tutorials about 3D design programs and many more . You should try it
----
"For what point has this life if you can't realise your dreams?" -- The Divine Comedy
03.07.2007 - 16:10
ToCSiN
Account deleted
Written by Lupas on 01.07.2007 at 20:59

@Tocsin : The real world is a good job. Keep it up dude.

I have a link http://www.biorust.com . This is a very helpful tutorials about 3D design programs and many more . You should try it

Ohh i know Biorust man it's great to be honest, it has some proff work.
Thanks for the link though!
01.11.2007 - 21:22
Baerd

I dable a little in 3D design, but it's more of a hobby than anything else. Here are a few of my images.

Window view - I've tried to recreate what I see through my window, it's not very acurate though

Made in Bryce

Planets - a cosmic scene

Made in Bryce

Sea Guard - a tower rising from the sea...

Made in Bryce
----
And you, are you so forgetful of your past, is there no echo in your soul of your poets' songs, your dreamers' dreams, your rebels' calls?
02.11.2007 - 17:23
ToCSiN
Account deleted
Such a lovely design man, i like them a lot, specailly the 3rd one, the tower one, it's awesome, the sea is well designed.

Even though i would like to comment about something, when you do Shadows you need to pay attention to few things such as: What Kind, Where and the Amout of light on the object that caused shadow. For example in the sea pic, the shadow is perfect, but it's reflection isn't right, you need to bare in mind that it's been reflected on water surface which means it should be blury a lil bit.

Rock on and hope to see more people interested in 3D Design!
03.05.2008 - 11:21
ToCSiN
Account deleted

This is the newest thing i worked on so far while i haven't been around 3D Max that much!
28.06.2008 - 23:12
Shinigamy
Account deleted
I would love to learn 3D max. ToSCin can you maybe PM me what to download, and maybe find me some tutorials for it. Im very good in PS 3 and adobe after effect, but never tried 3d works.