Metal Storm logo
The Vision Bleak

26.05.2006 - 01:50
Glen_Doom

I've been lately listening to this band. They play symphonic/gothic metal with horror related lyrics. What I really loved about them is that with the use of vocals and symphonic melodies they create a truly horror atmosphere.

My question to you is.......do you know of any other bands which play this style. Not just any other symphonic gothic metal but the same style of The Vision Bleak.
----
Spitting in the face of mainstream music !!!
27.05.2006 - 22:41
VaronoZz
Vampbaron
im glad that someone did a topic for this excellent band, a two men band from Germany ... Actually they are not symphonic gothic, but something between gothic and death/doom with a horror atmosphere of course... Their first album "The Deathship Has A New Captain" is a masterpiece with no doubt, as the second and last album "Carpathia - A Dramatic Poem"

* I need to mention that i did some additions in their invisible profile, a few days ago but still no one accepted them
----
give praise for the blood it bled,
grant a rose for the dead...
28.05.2006 - 10:54
Glen_Doom

Do you know of any other bands with the same style
----
29.05.2006 - 15:31
VaronoZz
Vampbaron
hm... I have no something on mind now... Maybe they are unique ;p
----
29.05.2006 - 23:09
Soliloquy

humm, i know of the band's existence. but havent heard anything from them. but what i like about the band is the lyrics. a lil strange, coz some of them are writen in german, or soemthing.

haha, germany comes up with some of the best bands, like Haggard and tons of other bands.
----

now get on your knees and worship me!
-Zakk Wylde
30.05.2006 - 11:46
VaronoZz
Vampbaron
yeap, i like very much too some songs written in german... Agathodaimon has some songs in german, and also Der Perfekte Craum song of Rotting Christ has some lyrics in german.. And of course there are more bands with german lyric, and the majority of them are bands from germany like The Vision Bleak, Haggard and Agathodaimon ... Its an intereresting language..
----
30.05.2006 - 15:47
Doh

I haven't heard their first album , but "Carpathia - A Dramatic Poem" is pretty good album , they have great atmosphere and they have worked a lot with their imago.
07.08.2006 - 00:55
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by VaronoZz on 29.05.2006 at 15:31

what did you mean by this, actualy thay wrote good lyrics, but plat boring music, I had hera them in myspace, and thay are in gothmetal.net probobly thay I dunno, but why thay are unqice?
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
09.08.2006 - 18:02
Glen_Doom

Written by Bad English on 07.08.2006 at 00:55

Written by VaronoZz on 29.05.2006 at 15:31

what did you mean by this, actualy thay wrote good lyrics, but plat boring music, I had hera them in myspace, and thay are in gothmetal.net probobly thay I dunno, but why thay are unqice?

I think what he wanted to say and its also my opinion, that The Vision Bleak have first of all that Horror theme throughout their songs and they create a certain atmosphere with their instruments that compliments very much the lyrics. Its not plain goth metal as we tend to hear frequently. Thats why in the first place I made this thread because I wanted to see if their were other similiar bands to TVB. But till now it seems that nobody came up with appropriate band. The search continues...........
----
09.08.2006 - 18:14
Fimbulvetr
Account deleted
The Vision Bleak are one of the best new gothic metal bands. Their debut (The Deathship Has A New Captain) is one of the best gothic albums i ever heard. I haven't heard their new album but people tell that it's very good.
30.01.2007 - 00:00
CoffinSpirit
Account deleted
The Vision Bleak is a very good band that plays very good gothic/horror metal...Excellent composes combining melancholy with horror stories with
a very chilling atmosphaire...i have both their albums and i find them
exceptional...the last one "Carpathia"is really something unique,i havent
heard something like that before...
07.02.2007 - 23:42
necrovamp

ive just hear the 1st album, its brilliant, so unique, though 'wolfmoon' is blatently ripping off rammstein but hey its bette than rammstein, need to get their second album.....
----
'I'd rather die than go to heaven' - Murderface
08.02.2007 - 19:16
APOHAKC
The Bard
I/ve listened this band a long time ago and my old HD went to hell, I had pirate mp3 from this band and I never had pleasure to hear this band on CD or something but thing I heard were just fine, as I can remember it was real slow and hard goth and I like that, I will try to find this band somewere
----
They say that we are gone but I can't let you down
The heathen faith will rise again we won't fail now
I know we cannot die forever is our time
Give my people back to me free from Christianity!!!!
10.09.2007 - 16:24
TheGrandDevilry
Account deleted
I am completely obsessed with The Vision Bleak !!
Best Band Ever !!
|m|(>_<)|m|
19.09.2007 - 00:02
Bash'
:)
Written by Glen_Doom on 28.05.2006 at 10:54

Try Empyrium ( start with the song Lover's grief ), that's a band by the same guitarist, Markus, he is brilliant and this is not a similar band, but you'll like the atmosphere I am pretty sure you'll like it.

Thank you
----
I saw her standing by the crimson sea...
Isolated by the silent thoughts...
Her gazing was intense but so dead...

The teardrops corroded the soil.. She couldn't say a word to me...
29.09.2007 - 05:33
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Based on this topic and on the info I've found on the web, I'm getting into this band really soon. They seem quite creative and unique. And they dress amazingly elegant!
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
10.10.2007 - 00:45
Glen_Doom

Written by Bash' on 19.09.2007 at 00:02

Written by Glen_Doom on 28.05.2006 at 10:54

Try Empyrium ( start with the song Lover's grief ), that's a band by the same guitarist, Markus, he is brilliant and this is not a similar band, but you'll like the atmosphere I am pretty sure you'll like it.

Thank you

Actually Empyrium is one of my favourite band. In my last.fm list its probably in the 3rd position overall and ironically Lover's Grief is my favourite track with special mention to Mourners. Anyway nonetheless thanks for the recomendation!!
----
07.12.2007 - 10:45
Journeyman86
Account deleted
here that's what I call gothic metal! she-wolf and wolfmoon are my favourite songs so far, and TVB have given me the complete gothic felling with their lyrics and atmosphere and style
19.03.2008 - 19:49
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
woow..
This actually good.
The first minutes when I hear one track of the myspace..
I was like "meeehh.. there are better bands"
But now... they grown on me very fast [this is the first time i hear them... right now]

I'm gonna check out some stuff of this guys...
And I love the theme of the lyrics...
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
22.04.2008 - 12:59
ArtiA
Robin Goodfellow
absolutely that is great , the band of good birth that case . my fav song is : She-Wolf
----
"The WAY" is perfect and complete like boundless space nothing redundant but because the mind continues to make distinction.
03.06.2008 - 18:38
Varegan
Hamranakara
----
Written by muthafucka on 08.07.2010 at 06:46

"METAL STORM" (LIGHTING STRIKES)
04.06.2008 - 13:26
TheBigRossowski

Not a big fan of the band. T.T. of SotM did some shows with them and I'm sure he did a great job, but the band isn't too amazing to me. I've listened to them a few times and still not my thing. Good luck on your search though!
----
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?
04.06.2008 - 19:54
owl

Heh, howcome I haven't seen this thread before? These guys are on my list of favourites ever since a colleague of mine brought their last CD to work.
I love the voice, love the guitars, love the lyrics, love the drums... and mostly I love the way The Vision Bleak manage to fit into goth Metal without falling in the boring and overheard musical clichés that often make goth Metal unbearable. They're goth, but they make their own, very characteristic sound and not just somebody else's ripoff.
----
11.06.2008 - 21:38
Varegan
Hamranakara
Written by owl on 04.06.2008 at 19:54

Heh, howcome I haven't seen this thread before? These guys are on my list of favourites ever since a colleague of mine brought their last CD to work.
I love the voice, love the guitars, love the lyrics, love the drums... and mostly I love the way The Vision Bleak manage to fit into goth Metal without falling in the boring and overheard musical clichés that often make goth Metal unbearable. They're goth, but they make their own, very characteristic sound and not just somebody else's ripoff.

I love everything in band but their drums, it look so boring and simple they dont have a real drummer yet
----
Written by muthafucka on 08.07.2010 at 06:46

"METAL STORM" (LIGHTING STRIKES)
16.08.2008 - 09:58
Saamyaar
Account deleted
The Vision Bleak=Markus Stock
Markus Stock=God...