Metal Storm logo
Equilibrium - Debut Music Video From Upcoming Album

Equilibrium are all set to put out their sixth studio album, Renegades, on August 23rd via Nuclear Blast. For the initial preview of their new music, the band now debuts official video for the first single, the title track "Renegades - A Lost Generation". The clip was shot in May by Motion Bakery under the direction of Christian Lim in Manchester, UK.

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Equilibrium
Posted: 29.06.2019 by Abattoir

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 16   Visited by: 156 users
30.06.2019 - 02:11
Dinruth

I have never heard such a dull track by Equilibrium .. coming from someone who loved the first three albums and liked the fourth one
30.06.2019 - 12:07
qlacs
"The Quaker"
It almost sounds like folk-sprinkled generic 2010 metalcore with synths. Vocals are sorely missing some high end... But I'm confident they will find a new audience as the old one will be alienated to no end.
----
30.06.2019 - 12:52
kaskadian

Badass song! I like all of their albums and the new direction they've gone is really cool.
30.06.2019 - 14:18
Sentenced Odiin
gothic.moorion@gmail.com
Written by Dinruth on 30.06.2019 at 02:11

I have never heard such a dull track by Equilibrium .. coming from someone who loved the first three albums and liked the fourth one

Same here... They are my childhood's epic band, the folk metal I loved the most, even when I am shifted to oldschool metal. Loved Armageddon, but this is a huge disappointment.
----
Life has given me much, maybe taken more...
30.06.2019 - 14:34
FYA
Destroyer
Wtf is this? It sounds like Amaranthe.
30.06.2019 - 18:37
Necrodamus

The song isn't bad, just sounds un-Equilibrium-like. Not sure the direction they're going to take on this album. It seems more modern; like they wanted to strip away the folk elements that made them stand out. Will have to hear the entire thing to come to a verdict though.
01.07.2019 - 03:23
SoUnDs LiKe PoP

Written by FYA on 30.06.2019 at 14:34

Okay, I wasn't crazy about the song, but it sounds absolutely nothing like Amaranthe.
----
I lift weights and listen to metal
01.07.2019 - 08:21
FYA
Destroyer
Written by SoUnDs LiKe PoP on 01.07.2019 at 03:23

Written by FYA on 30.06.2019 at 14:34

Okay, I wasn't crazy about the song, but it sounds absolutely nothing like Amaranthe.

My bad - sounds like a mix between Lord Of The Lost AND Amaranthe.
01.07.2019 - 14:11
atrox

Great song :-)
02.07.2019 - 12:38
HyperDrifter

I'm actually relieved to hear this song, yes it's less folky but it is actually a great song.
To me it sounds like a follow up to "Prey" or "Armageddon" from their previous effort.
02.07.2019 - 13:10
M C Vice
ex-polydactyl
There's 2 people on the youtube comments section arguing whether this is industrial or melodeath. According to the industrial one "Any kind of elwctronic tunes makes a band industrial. No actual melodeath band uses the keys to that extend." (copy and pasted quote). Both then accuse each other of not knowing what industrial/melodeath are.
What do you guys think?
Oh, and the argument started when someone said this was metalcore.
----
"Another day, another Doug."
"I'll fight you on one condition. That you lower your nipples."
" 'Tis a lie! Thy backside is whole and ungobbled, thou ungrateful whelp!"
02.07.2019 - 17:33
thornh

Meh. This is not the band that wrote "Blut Im Auge"
03.07.2019 - 01:57
Harmaajoki

I GOT SO DISAPPOINTED but just can't let go Equilibrium. HELP ME
----
Shit talking and shit taste, whatever.
03.07.2019 - 22:43
Andrew_Deer
None,really
I am an Equilibrium freak. Or rather, I used to be... I was so happy that they would move on from the folk as the same thing got me as well (less folk, more synth and down-tuned guitars) but it seems Rene can't really leave the folk melodies behind. I don't believe this change of heart. I see it, I see the motivations and the paths he went but he is still halfway through and the music reflects that. It feels more like a razzle-dazzle.

I wouldn't mind so much if they at least stopped using those stupid skulls. It feels like they still need to show "we are tough", so they keep on putting stupid skulls on every album art (of course, that wasn't the case before Skadi).

I am really sad about the decline first apparent in Erdentempel, since which the drums sound the same to this day. All previous work, including the Demo, shows quite a versatility of overall sound that would always complement the album arts.
06.07.2019 - 19:10
Grinkor

Not a bad song. I agree that it sounds "un-equilibrium-ish". I feel some Crematory vibe in it. Well: Let´s wait for the actual album...
20.07.2019 - 14:19
zakapior

I don't like the direction Equilibrium is going. Pass.

Hits total: 2530 | This month: 3