Metal Storm logo
Blue Öyster Cult - Sign New Label Deal, Full Length In 2020

US hard rock veterans Blue Öyster Cult and Frontiers Music Srl have joined forces and sign a new record deal. A new studio album is expected to be released in 2020. Fans can also expect to see remastered reissues (some with updated artworks) of the band's last three full length releases: Cult Classic (1994), Heaven Forbid (1998) and Curse Of The Hidden Mirror (2001). Stay tuned for more updates.

Official statement:

For over four decades, Blue Öyster Cult has been thrilling fans of intelligent hard rock worldwide with powerful albums loaded with classic songs. Indeed, the Long Island, New York‐based band is revered within the hard rock and heavy metal scene for its pioneering work. Blue Öyster Cult occupies a unique place in rock history because it's one of very few hard rock/heavy metal bands to earn both genuine mainstream critical acclaim as well as commercial success. Now they have partnered up with Frontiers Music Srl to continue their amazing journey.

Frontiers president Serafino Perugino said: "We are delighted to be able to bring back the iconic Blue Öyster Cult with the release of a wealth of musical material that will certainly please all the fans. Hard rock music would not be what is now without BÖC and Frontiers is their natural 'home.' We look forward to a long and fruitful cooperation."

Blue Öyster Cult's Eric Bloom commented: "It's been a long time since BÖC's last studio album. Our biggest question from fans is 'when are we going to do some new music?' So we are ready to take this journey again. Recording with Danny, Richie and Jules should be a great experience as we've been touring together for years and Buck and I are looking forward to including them in the creative and recording process."

Adds Buck Dharma: "The current band is GREAT and has never been recorded other than the live concerts, so we feel now is the time for new songs to be written and recorded. About half of the songs for the new record exist and the rest will be finished during the process."

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Blue Öyster Cult
Posted: 11.07.2019 by Bad English

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 3   Visited by: 39 users
12.07.2019 - 00:14
Maco
Pvt Funderground
Hmmm a new album. Why?
----
Crackhead Megadeth reigns supreme.
12.07.2019 - 09:37
JoHn Doe

Written by Maco on 12.07.2019 at 00:14

Hmmm a new album. Why?

why not? Other bands from the same generation have come up with great music (in recent years), BOC might do the same. At least I'm hopeful.
----
I thought the two primary purposes for the internet were cat memes and overreactions.
12.07.2019 - 10:10
Joppe
Steelemeister
I liked the last album. But after 18 years, who knows what they will release.
----
My vision is augmented

Hits total: 1546 | This month: 3