Metal Storm logo
Grave Digger - Working On New Tunes

According to some of the recent brief Facebook posts, German heavy metal masters Grave Digger are not only performing live this summer. They've already start working on new music for their upcoming output. More news and updates to The Living Dead follow-up shall be revealed later.

Courtesy of the band's Facebook page

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Grave Digger
Posted: 13.07.2019 by Bad English

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 10   Visited by: 41 users
13.07.2019 - 17:53
ManiacBlasphemer
Black Knight
Another album by the numbers from these guys. Ever since Axel Ritt joined these guys GD became worse and worse with each album. Not that they fared well before him though. Ever since "The Last Supper" I haven't heard a single decent tune from them. Power metal's very own AC/DC.
13.07.2019 - 20:23
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by ManiacBlasphemer on 13.07.2019 at 17:53

Another album by the numbers from these guys. Ever since Axel Ritt joined these guys GD became worse and worse with each album. Not that they fared well before him though. Ever since "The Last Supper" I haven't heard a single decent tune from them. Power metal's very own AC/DC.
they had dold tunes, but ritt is not good,, he can compose metal as gd needs, he can do it in own way what drags band deeper in shit hole
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
14.07.2019 - 02:16
skelator

Last Supper was crap, keep quiet Transylvania
----
Best Metal Albums of 2023: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9jaZJRBeBw

Best Metal Demos: www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HtsgSQjV44
14.07.2019 - 02:41
tominator
At best deranged
Working on new tunes.

Tunes of War?

Seriously though, I have only heard a couple of their albums tbh. Some of their older stuff which also already had its ups and downs from what I could tell. And 2 of their 2000s output and both of those were pretty "meh" imo. Not worse than War Games though (Healed By Metal comes close though). That's probably still my least favourite of the ones I've heard from them.

Anyway, hopefully they come out with something which has a bit more impact and originality though looking at the comments above it seems like that could be wishful thinking on my part.
14.07.2019 - 09:15
Joppe
Steelemeister
Written by Bad English on 13.07.2019 at 20:23

they had dold tunes, but ritt is not good,, he can compose metal as gd needs, he can do it in own way what drags band deeper in shit hole

I guess one could say they Digged their own Grave by hiring him, then?
----
My vision is augmented
14.07.2019 - 11:32
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Joppe on 14.07.2019 at 09:15

Written by Bad English on 13.07.2019 at 20:23

I guess one could say they Digged their own Grave by hiring him, then?

Yes but it happened when 2 Guitarist formed rebellion... And that band deliveted awesome old school hm
----

apos;'
[image]
14.07.2019 - 19:22
majormalfunction

I think they did it pretty good on Clash of the Gods. Quite a lot of good tracks on that one. The Clans Will Rise Again was also somewhat good, I loved it when it was released but not that fond of it today. Still better than the two last ones which are just useless (except for a few tracks).

Axel Ritt wrote some excellent stuff in his own band, Domain, but in Grave Digger he hasn't found his place. Grave Digger is pretty much over as it looks now, I think it's mainly Boltendahl's fault, while reading interviews with past members you can read between the lines that he is somewhat a jerk...
----
Everything's twice as bright with money in your hands
14.07.2019 - 22:10
ManiacBlasphemer
Black Knight
Written by skelator on 14.07.2019 at 02:16

Last Supper was crap, keep quiet Transylvania

It was decent compared to what they released afterwards. But an obvious quality drop from the previous 2 albums.
14.07.2019 - 22:13
ManiacBlasphemer
Black Knight
Written by majormalfunction on 14.07.2019 at 19:22

I think they did it pretty good on Clash of the Gods. Quite a lot of good tracks on that one. The Clans Will Rise Again was also somewhat good, I loved it when it was released but not that fond of it today. Still better than the two last ones which are just useless (except for a few tracks).

Axel Ritt wrote some excellent stuff in his own band, Domain, but in Grave Digger he hasn't found his place. Grave Digger is pretty much over as it looks now, I think it's mainly Boltendahl's fault, while reading interviews with past members you can read between the lines that he is somewhat a jerk...

Maybe you are right, but I remember giving a few spins to those albums and was not impressed. The last album from Grave Digger I enjoyed listening completely was Rheingold, with The Last Supper having a few good songs in it. But after that I kept revisiting their subsequent albums hoping to find something of interest and found none. CWRA came close, but it was still lackluster. However the last 2 are the bottom of the bit. Reminds me of their early 80s stuff which was mostly awful, with few exceptions on the debut. Typical glorified power metal at its most mundane and dry moments.
24.09.2019 - 14:50
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Band posted this on FB
NEW ALBUM OUT 29th MAY 2020

TITLE :
----

apos;'
[image]

Hits total: 1342 | This month: 4