Metal Storm logo
Favourite Mayhem Vocal

Original post

Posted by Hamird, 05.06.2007 - 22:20
Dead was the brain of the band, when he was alive ... he wrote the best lyrics of mayhem songs. and also he was the frontman of mayhem's golden era.
Maniac; I think he was not good for mayhem, his voice have never fixxed with mayhem songs. for example when he sang De Mysteriis Dom Satanes, in live concert was very bad ...
but Attila, the one who i vote for him, is incredible. he sang black metal like a opera vocalist. his voice is the best in black metal history (in my opinion) ... and also his personality. he does very nice makeup which are not same as others.

Poll

Who is you favourite Mayhem vocalist?

Attila Csihar
Dead
Maniac

Total votes: 119
25.06.2007 - 16:29
Ealdamir

I voted for Atila because when i first listened to DMDS i though it a very random album except for the vocals that were fucking brilliant. Over time i liked 2-3 songs(i still find it the most overrated bm alum) but the vocals sounded more and more good on my ears. It is totally insane and claustophobic and totally original. He still sounds great on "Ordo Ab Chaos" wich i really enjoy but not as paranoic as i would probably expect.

Maniac is awful on Deathcrush (a release i dno't like anyway) but his performance on "Grand Declaratio of War" is exceptionally good. The album is my favourite of them and i never expected sth good from him but i was surprised. His harsh are nice and fitting but what really blow me were his clean vocals. He gave a dramatic but realistic sounding tone

Dead sounded always like nothing special to me so...
----
I Really Wanna Visit Wonderland Some Time...
::)

Plz, Help me Fly!
26.06.2007 - 19:52
Damnated
Churchburner
hmmm, nice surprise to see Attila leading the poll. i've expected that the 'dead cult' would take over this topic too.

i've voted for attila mainly because his voice is grotesc and, as it was pointed out before, claustrophobic. no he's not the only one with this voice, but there are damn few who can keep singing like this for 13 years. he has also a low profile, wich i admire. he's just another band member, not a star of any kind.
----
Blessed is he that murders Christ in himself and in his fellow men.

Written by TheBigRossowski on 10.02.2009 at 16:01

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
27.06.2007 - 16:30
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I vote for Attila because I like his voice better its not liek I dont like other's but I somehow love his vocal style better
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
27.06.2007 - 21:06
Eternal Flame
Account deleted
Maniac?? Haha, Popeye high pitch growl vocal..
27.06.2007 - 22:00
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Written by Guest on 27.06.2007 at 21:06

Hey, dont make fun, I was that lone person who voted Maniac....
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
28.06.2007 - 12:35
Rimfrost

Attila. His work on DMDS is great, unique vocal style. Maniac sounds like crap, Dead was fitting greatly into the band on a personal level I belive, but I don't really like his growls.
29.06.2007 - 01:30
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
I voted earlier for Attila, just because I haven't heard anyone that sounds like him. He gives Mayhem the evil atmosphere that is needed, and sometimes sounds creepy. Dead means nothing to me and Maniac just does not stand out at all.
30.06.2007 - 18:26
Death Warrior
Account deleted
It's a really hard poll for me... I personnally think that they all have something..
I don't understand why almost everyonbe hate Maniac or think he don't have his place in Mayhem.. I really like his voice and his live performance! I think he's a really great singer.
I really like Dead's voice too! His voice have something really interresting and dark! For me Dead was one of the greatest black metal singer! I like his mentallity too!
And finally I really like Attila's voice too! That's really impressive all the different sound he can make!

So with that, I can't choose only one...I like them all. ( okay I have to admit I have something for Dead but anyway... )

Mayhem is a legend!
02.07.2007 - 03:08
Varegan
Hamranakara
1st: Atila for freezing moon
2nd: maniac
3rd: dead
----
Written by muthafucka on 08.07.2010 at 06:46

"METAL STORM" (LIGHTING STRIKES)
06.07.2007 - 03:03
Hyvaarin

Written by Doc G. on 27.06.2007 at 22:00

Lol, seen this - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y84gW_5ZFKE?
----
"Summoned By Words Never Spoken Before..."
06.07.2007 - 08:55
[southern]metal

I voted for Dead. He wasn't the best vocallist, but he was the most insane. I just find how he would bury his clothes so they would be all bug infested and nasty really interesting. His mind would be very interesting to figure out. To bad Euronymous ate it
----
oderint dum metuant
07.07.2007 - 21:43
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Written by Hyvaarin on 06.07.2007 at 03:03

Written by Doc G. on 27.06.2007 at 22:00

Lol, seen this - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y84gW_5ZFKE?

That was pretty bad, the whole band was kinda boring on top of that. But then again im not really into live BM anyways.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
15.07.2007 - 23:21
Hamird
Lieutenant
Written by Varegan on 02.07.2007 at 03:08

Freezing Moon is written and composed by Dead ... same as other great songs.
but yeah, Attila performed it better, i think. but Maniac made me laugh when he was singing Freezing Moon in live at France
15.07.2007 - 23:45
Varegan
Hamranakara
Written by Hamird on 15.07.2007 at 23:21

Written by Varegan on 02.07.2007 at 03:08

Freezing Moon is written and composed by Dead ... same as other great songs.
but yeah, Attila performed it better, i think. but Maniac made me laugh when he was singing Freezing Moon in live at France

yes maniac cant do that as good as atila. his sound is just good for grand declaration of war album.
----
Written by muthafucka on 08.07.2010 at 06:46

"METAL STORM" (LIGHTING STRIKES)
06.01.2008 - 21:29
stygian

i voted for atilla, just because he is in my opinion (one of the) best black metal vocalists around.

but its a hard decision to make, because dead was really the one that got my atention to mayhem, when i read some stuff about them, sadly i wasnt around when he was still among the living.
he had some good ideas, and good lyrics too...

and well maniac, its not that i like his voice so much but i just cant imagine grand declaration of war and chimera without him, and besides he's the one who created the mayhem logo.

but purely judging on voice, i woud pick attila
05.03.2008 - 09:43
Øyvind
Grave Digger
Voted for Atilla, that singing... Dead, R.I.U., but Atilla, with that preast-like performance just edges you out.
----
07.03.2008 - 00:16
NOИ

Attila Csihar for his vocals and Dead for his character and opinions.
29.04.2008 - 17:51
Hamird
Lieutenant
Unbelievable...
from first days that MayheM had live concerts they became so famos in live performing. Dead with self-cutting, pig's head and Maniac also followed Dead's way in live performing.
but now see this link:
http://www.wearworx.com/attila.html
Attila has turned live concert to amazing theater... that is really nice. each concert he appears differently, like Invisible man, Mummy, Wheelchair Mommy, Psychic Mirror, Dr. hide, The Pimp, Chaplin, Rasputin, Santa Claus, Saesar, old Woods, Bugs Bonny and so on..
they are so interesting, beside his nice voice he has a great mind to appear on stages...
30.04.2008 - 16:12
ArtiA
Robin Goodfellow
1.Maniac
2.Dead
----
"The WAY" is perfect and complete like boundless space nothing redundant but because the mind continues to make distinction.
30.04.2008 - 19:34
Hamird
Lieutenant
Written by ArtiA on 30.04.2008 at 16:12

1.Maniac
2.Dead

1+. Attila
i'v never liked Maniac. its my personal idea. imo Dead had a great brain to write the lyrics, and Attila has a pure voice.. but for me Maniac has any of these talents. he was just a member.
04.05.2008 - 19:30
Angelique
Bitchy Moderator
Please people, explain your choices, other way the post will be taken as a spam and can cause problems to you, thanks!
----
I have more faith in my plumber than I do the eternal being. Plumbers do a good job. They keep the shit flowing.
-C.Bukowski
16.11.2008 - 08:09
Metalbound7

Maniac? hahaha how can 4 people voted for him? anyway i voted for Attila but dead was good too
29.04.2009 - 15:48
behemoth_poland
Account deleted
I voted for Dead for his character and vocals
22.06.2009 - 17:04
Uirapuru
Liver Failure
I'm one of the five who voted Maniac so far. His work on Deathcrush is amazing, also on Wolf's Lair Abyss. The clean ''talked'' vocals on Grand Declaration of War are also ok.
----

----
member of the true crusade against old school heavy metal, early 80s thrash, NWOBHM, traditional doom, first and second wave black metal, old school death metal, US power metal, 70s prog rock and atmospheric doomsludgestoner. o/
22.06.2009 - 18:23
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher
I find attila's voice at least tremendous for black metal!
----
Υou've sold your human essence to the cold world of dead and empty things... You're SOLD!
24.06.2009 - 01:36
Janne
Hugin
Attila!! he's my favourite BM singer
----
age]

-FOLK METAL HUNGARY-
24.06.2009 - 14:37
Jan Destiny

Written by Janne on 24.06.2009 at 01:36

Attila!! he's my favourite BM singer

for me too
----
"Fiction is the truth inside the lie" (Stephen King)
24.06.2009 - 19:12
TheBigRossowski

Attila wins this hands down. I've been listening to black metal for a little while now and I haven't heard too many people with those kind of sounds. Dead is dead and his voice never seemed like something special to me. And Maniac... well, he's a sex offender. With a record. He served 6 months in Chino for exposing himself to an eight year old.

When he moved to Hollywood he had to go door to door to tell everyone he was a pederast.
----
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?
24.06.2009 - 19:19
Smurfophagist

Attila leading? didn't see that one coming.
----
Having a signature is an absolute must.
24.06.2009 - 21:07
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher
Written by Smurfophagist on 24.06.2009 at 19:19

Attila leading? didn't see that one coming.

why?? dont forget that he is the singer of the bands most succesful album (de mysterilis..)...
----
Υou've sold your human essence to the cold world of dead and empty things... You're SOLD!