Metal Storm logo
Church Arsons and the Ideology of Black Metal

Original post

Posted by Bitter Dawn, 07.06.2007 - 05:38
Today being June 6, 2007 marks the anniversary date of the Fantoft Church that was burnt down in 1992, of course by Varg Vikernes, and has been fifteen years since his actions.

I doubt there will be any arson's in honour or vain of that memoriable day that help set the flame within black metal, and I am surprised that nothing happen last year since it was a more appropriate version of 06-06-06. Yet, last Febuary on Vargs birthday someone in Ontario, Canada set fire to a church in his honour, of which I was very surprised.

I am not advocating people and go out today and burn down a church, but it has been such a big focal point of black metal that I thought it was worth mentioning today.
28.01.2010 - 21:20
AiwiAstwihad
AiryanaKhvarenah
Written by Ernis on 28.01.2010 at 20:11

I know that ahem..enei and company are responsible of many bad things but there are people who are good and honest and completely nice... you could not hurt these people by "avenging" the evil ones because those who are evil, they will not care much... they just find your bout of justified anger as an excuse to act even worse to show you "offended" them... it's entirely possible they don't care at all... they just need excuses to "curse" something...

Here's an example, it's a bit offtopic but eff it... During the Spanish Civil War the far-right side had a sick ideology... the left ideology which wished freedom of it was, in its essence, better...however... both sides were sick and deserved each other... the far-right caught all people whom they thought were "unfaithful", tortured and killed them... and the far-left ones went on, tortured and killed those whom they thought were "on the side of far-right"... and you know, since the ideology of "left" was atheist, they saw church also as part of "evil"... they raped nuns, castrated priests and stuffed their cut-off body members into their mouths... they did horrible things to church...

All I know is that no act of violence or terror can be allowed... You cannot go and burn a mosque just because "THEY are horrible and deserve it!" if you go and do that, then you deserve them too... it's snowball... one thing causes the other...

Totally right, violance brings more violance. That's what i would say in a normal mental-state/mood.
But sometimes you literaly feel desperate...When you're surounded by a bunch of wild zealots who torture your fellow people, you feel the urge to do something and there's nothing you can do.
You're aware of the whole situation but as a recent event: IR just hanged two detainees. Needless to say how savage the whole process had been:
jail --> torture --> false confessions --> sham trial --> execution.
All in the name of Islam, accused of "waging war against God" and fighting with the holy government. A pregnant woman (sister of one the detainees) was also held for 2 months (to make her brother confess, you know) when released she lost her child...

What is burning a mosque compared to that?
A stupid blind revenge, yes. But once you reach a point where you say: Fuck! it's naiive, futile and gravely wrong but what else can be done against those monsters who hide behind religion?
----
You who will come to the surface
From the flood that's overwhelmed us and drowned us all
Must think, when you speak of our weakness in times of darkness
That you've not had to face
28.01.2010 - 21:41
Ernis
狼獾
Written by AiwiAstwihad on 28.01.2010 at 21:20

jail --> torture --> false confessions --> sham trial --> execution.
All in the name of Islam, accused of "waging war against God" and fighting with the holy government. A pregnant woman (sister of one the detainees) was also held for 2 months (to make her brother confess, you know) when released she lost her child...

What is burning a mosque compared to that?
A stupid blind revenge, yes. But once you reach a point where you say: Fuck! it's naiive, futile and gravely wrong but what else can be done against those monsters who hide behind religion?

Very good point... these who do this are monsters...
We've been through this as well... it seems to me that when a regime is hellish, then there are people who take advantage of it and do whatever horror to others... when we had Stalin, lots of families were made "enemies" of state, they were stripped of their belongings, sometimes separated from their family members and sent to hot deserts, wild forests and cold wastelands to do slave-work/to be shot/etc...

What is very saddening is that nowadays some idiots say "I hate RUSSIAN people because THEY did this to us, hey, you speak Russian, you're a killer!"
Stalin, ahem, was not Russian but Georgian... secondly...horror to innocent people happened everywhere in USSR which means 90% of people who died and suffered were actually Russians... not that these colourblind people care who say "Let's blow up the church because it was built by Russians!" or who say "I hate Christians because if there were no Christians, Estonian Empire would've conquered lands from China to America!"
Also... Estonia never was invaded by "Germans" nor "Danes" nor "Swedes"... Estonia was invaded by "CHRISTIAN FORCES!" because nowadays "Germans, Danes and Swedes are awesome Scandinavian vikings and our BEST BUDDIES EVER!"
Also... "I love the ideology of Germanic people! FORCE AND FIRE AND EPIC SWORDS!" then "I hate Christians who brought us their religion with FORCE FIRE AND SWORDS!"

Double standards everywhere...

Historic fact... Germanic people conquered lands around them with force, fire and epic swords BEFORE and AFTER Christianity... which they adopted very gladly because then they not only could conquer and kill as always, they also got PAID for it by Church who was interested in making these "violent nations" at least somewhat useful...

Christianity...as well as islam are supposed to be religions of good wishes and friendship... it is very painful indeed to see what some people have done...

It's as if... what do you need a pen for? You need the pen to write "I love you" to your girlfriend on Christmas...
What else can people do with pens? They can write "I will rip out your eyes and eat your intestines."...
And they can come with the pen and pierce your eyeballs out with it...

What you can do, you know... is to be all this that they who hurt you claim to be themselves... you can be a light among that darkness yourself... it's easy to be put out... don't let that happen to you... I think that's what they expect people to become...

It is sorta easy for me to write this from here... I'm not in Tehran now but what happens does reach me in a way... If I can be of any support and help I am gladly doing it...
29.01.2010 - 16:24
AiwiAstwihad
AiryanaKhvarenah
Written by Ernis on 28.01.2010 at 21:41

"I love the ideology of Germanic people! FORCE AND FIRE AND EPIC SWORDS!" then "I hate Christians who brought us their religion with FORCE FIRE AND SWORDS!"

Maybe because "ME" is the center of the world. It's "awesome epic sword" as long as kills OTHERS and turns to an "evil force" when threatens "MY" interests...

as well as islam are supposed to be religions of good wishes and friendship...

Dosen't apply to Islam. One could be a nice Muslim but it solely is because he/she is good him/herself and thereby INTERPRETED Islam like that while relying on written sourses (Quran, Hadith, etc) Islam is literally violent. The details are beyond this topic, we can continue by PM or in Islam thread if you like.

What you can do, you know... is to be all this that they who hurt you claim to be themselves... you can be a light among that darkness yourself... it's easy to be put out... don't let that happen to you... I think that's what they expect people to become...

*Takes a breath and tries to calm down*
True, that's where the real strength is. Fight with monsters and never become one. I've always tried to keep this golden quote in mind (thus realized how easy i can stray from the path i've chosen, in times of anger):
"Be careful when you fight the monsters, lest you become one. And if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you."

I'm not in Tehran now but what happens does reach me in a way... If I can be of any support and help I am gladly doing it...

I know, thank you.
----
You who will come to the surface
From the flood that's overwhelmed us and drowned us all
Must think, when you speak of our weakness in times of darkness
That you've not had to face
04.02.2010 - 09:23
Bitter Dawn
Ave Sathanas!
Written by Zombie, M.D. on 28.01.2010 at 20:41

While from an idealogical standpoint church burnings appeal to me I don't think they're an efficient method to achieve anything. I'd imagine all it would do is strengthen the community and put them in some kind of witch trial frenzy.

And like Viggo said some churches are just beautiful pieces of art that can be appreciated by anyone, religious or not.

That is one thing I can see or, understand. When I think of such things in context, the old gothic cathedrals in Western Europe come to mind which are works of great and amazing architecture.

Once more, I retain the ideology of church arson but perhaps, some of the more architectural wonders that are churches could simply be "converted" or overthrown into being some thing other than religious houses. I do think it would be fairly cool to buy a church, repaint it and make it a house or recording studio.
19.01.2011 - 23:04
Blue

I don't honestly think that there is any sort of concept behind burning churches. All of those who were involved in the so-called "black circle" (except for Gaahl, that is) claimed that the whole church burning thing was that people wanted to be part of it and the easiest way they found to try and impress everyone was by burning churches. And it does make a lot of sense, looking at it from a certain angle. By burning churches no belief will be extinguished, but strengthened. Christians wouldn't stop believing in God for the simple fact that their church is gone, even if the church in question were to be the St. Peter's Basilica, and the pope would never be stupid to the point that he wouldn't take advantage of the "injustice" committed on to the church, priests and believers.
IDK, I don't think I've expressed myself clearly, but I hope what I'm saying is partially comprehensible.
----
cunt.
11.04.2011 - 20:02
XV535Virago

Written by Blue on 19.01.2011 at 23:04
By burning churches no belief will be extinguished, but strengthened.

Yes, that's true. Instead of burning down a building - even if it doesn't look like a piece of art - they should "burn" the idea of the "heavenly church " and help people see who's actually the God they worship.
----
True norwegian Dimmu Burger : zero tolerance to pickles must be issued!
11.04.2011 - 20:15
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by XV535Virago on 11.04.2011 at 20:02

Written by Blue on 19.01.2011 at 23:04
By burning churches no belief will be extinguished, but strengthened.

Yes, that's true. Instead of burning down a building - even if it doesn't look like a piece of art - they should "burn" the idea of the "heavenly church " and help people see who's actually the God they worship.

So you wann a say its good burn down church? maybe next step is burn down preachers house?
When in 1992 Blackj Army Stokholm go home from CL away match in Århus Denmark, they enter Jönkoping Södra and burns ome house because ppl was from town....so it means its good burn sown some others ppl property?
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
11.04.2011 - 20:18
XV535Virago

Written by Bad English on 11.04.2011 at 20:15
So you wann a say its good burn down church? maybe next step is burn down preachers house?
When in 1992 Blackj Army Stokholm go home from CL away match in Århus Denmark, they enter Jönkoping Södra and burns ome house because ppl was from town....so it means its good burn sown some others ppl property?

I've never said is a good thing! As your name says, you really need to learn english as soon as possible.
----
True norwegian Dimmu Burger : zero tolerance to pickles must be issued!
11.04.2011 - 20:20
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by XV535Virago on 11.04.2011 at 20:18

Written by Bad English on 11.04.2011 at 20:15

I've never said is a good thing! As your name says, you really need to learn english as soon as possible.

Than I missunderstood,
----

apos;'
[image]
19.04.2011 - 04:02
Andre

It's rude way of saying FUCK YOU to your wife, instead of the person who is banging her. Am I right?
20.06.2011 - 07:22
VloRD

Whether or not church arsons diminish faith is irrelevant. Even if it does, it is still unethical to take down someone's property. Faith is something personal, and everyone has the right to practice whatever religion they want.
----
08.10.2012 - 18:12
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
----

apos;'
[image]
09.10.2012 - 08:09
Branzig

Written by Bad English on 08.10.2012 at 18:12

I hope he is not BM fan

Me too...

His picture lacks metal nail wrist bands or corpse paint though, and I don't see any mention of a battle axe or claymore in his duffel bag....so I think we are alright!
----
In Grind We Crust
09.10.2012 - 11:40
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Branzig on 09.10.2012 at 08:09

Written by Bad English on 08.10.2012 at 18:12

I hope he is not BM fan

Me too...

His picture lacks metal nail wrist bands or corpse paint though, and I don't see any mention of a battle axe or claymore in his duffel bag....so I think we are alright!

any churvh burn down by metalhead will make metal bad agan in media and ppl eyes , many still are brainwashed who say metalheads is satanists but dont live like condom is sin and devorce is sin
and in USA many metal band visas has canceled, so ... newe bullshit like this can fuck the world
----

apos;'
[image]
16.10.2012 - 14:40
Darren

Does anyone know the song or band at 22mins in the Black Metal Satanica documentary?

Your help would be much appreciated.
05.04.2019 - 18:07
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Another one, this time band is nothing, and music well its BM, but bad quallity, I cant enjoy it

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/new-zealand-black-metal-drummer-charged-with-setting-two-mormon-churches-ablaze/
----

apos;'
[image]
14.02.2020 - 11:27
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
----

apos;'
[image]
14.02.2020 - 11:30
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Bad English on 14.02.2020 at 11:27

Black Metal Musician Arrested for String of Louisiana Church Fires

https://metalinjection.net/metal-crimes/black-metal-musician-arrested-for-string-of-louisiana-church-fires

Matthews will be sentenced on May 22. He faces a mandatory minimum sentence of 10 years in prison, and a statutory maximum sentence of 70 years in prison

wtf what a idiot, how much Varg get for killing hmmm 22 years , Braivik in Norway get 30 years, this guy can get 70 by arson, I wish Sweden had same penalties. If we will have extremly US style high jail sentences even death penalties, our crime will drop by 60% I think
----

apos;'
[image]
03.11.2020 - 15:17
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Man Who Burned Churches In Effort To Raise His Profile As 'Black Metal' Musician Sentenced To 25 Years

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/man-who-burned-churches-in-effort-to-raise-his-profile-as-black-metal-musician-sentenced-to-25-years/
----

apos;'
[image]
03.11.2020 - 16:13
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
I remember reading news articles about that with all these journalists trying to paint him as a white supremacist. Even Blabbermouth couldn't avoid mentioning the demographics of the churches even though it had nothing to do with the burnings. It was an attack on the religion, albeit a stupid one, but not an attack on black people.

Even mentioning that he commented on a couple Varg memes because they want to link him to being some alt-right nutjob. He's an idiot, to be sure, but claiming racism seems lazy and deliberately disingenuous.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
09.01.2021 - 09:38
no one

Death Metal Drummer In New Zealand Charged Over Multiple Church Fires

https://metalinjection.net/metal-crimes/death-metal-drummer-in-new-zealand-charged-over-multiple-church-fires

Actually he's in this black metal band [BANDCAMPigni.bandcamp.com/album/this-must-be-hell]

I don't know how to do bandcamps
----
Unable to connect to the database
09.01.2021 - 09:39
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by no one on 09.01.2021 at 09:38

https://metalinjection.net/metal-crimes/death-metal-drummer-in-new-zealand-charged-over-multiple-church-fires

Actually he's in this black metal band [BANDCAMPigni.bandcamp.com/album/this-must-be-hell]

link dont work pal.
----

apos;'
[image]
09.01.2021 - 09:42
no one

Written by Bad English on 09.01.2021 at 09:39

Written by no one on 09.01.2021 at 09:38

link dont work pal.

I don't know how to do bandcamp links, just Google Igni Bandcamp or on spotify
----
Unable to connect to the database