Metal Storm logo
Opeth - Premiere New Single 'Dignity'

Swedish progressive metal/rockvmasters Opeth have launched a new single, called "Svekets Prins". The song is coming from their forthcoming album, In Cauda Venenum, due out September 27th via Moderbolaget / Nuclear Blast. It is found on the Swedish language version of the album. An English version will be released next week.

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Opeth
Posted: 16.08.2019 by Abattoir

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 13   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 318 users
16.08.2019 - 16:16
The Entity

Not quite feeling it, some sequences are great though. The Swedish version of this album will be intresting
----
https://enigmaticalofficial.bandcamp.com/
Industrial / Cosmic Black Metal
16.08.2019 - 16:25
Maco
Pvt Funderground
Cant wait to shit on this.
----
Crackhead Megadeth reigns supreme.
16.08.2019 - 20:40
BlankFile

Fucken awsome... maybe the best Opeth álbum since Watershed, by far. At least judging by the first two songs that were released already.
16.08.2019 - 20:47
SebaRaven36

Hopefully it is a good album
16.08.2019 - 22:28
Crème fraiche

Oh boy... ready for some roudy comments... oh boy.,..
16.08.2019 - 23:46
JoHn Doe

Again not bad but not impressive either
----
I thought the two primary purposes for the internet were cat memes and overreactions.
16.08.2019 - 23:55
Tuonelan

Getting a concept album vibe from what we have so far (helped along by that cover art with its Abigail/Them feel). Also, there are parts of this that seem like they would fit on Watershed/Heritage and parts that are more Sorceress sounding, but I think the overall feel of an underlying plot might pull it together and make it feel like it all fits together better than Sorceress did.
----
Hopepunk living on a grimdark timeline
17.08.2019 - 09:16
Damned-In-Black

I rather like the song, this one more so than the previous, which was solid enough. There's some positive elements appearing in these couple of tracks. The glory days? Far from it, but it's something worth listening to in its own right, which is something I wouldn't always have said in recent years.

Someone mentioned Watershed. I think this is better, though I have never been a fan of that album.
17.08.2019 - 13:33
Deviant

Heart in Hand showed promise for me, but I'm not feeling this one at all.
17.08.2019 - 19:06
Opethian

I'm digging it. Album preordered
17.08.2019 - 20:28
Tuonelan

Written by Damned-In-Black on 17.08.2019 at 09:16

Someone mentioned Watershed. I think this is better, though I have never been a fan of that album.

That was me. I was thinking of the parts of "Hex Omega" and "The Lotus Eaters" that, looking back, feel like the bridge between the earlier albums and stuff like "I Feel The Dark," which is what came to mind when this latest song shifts from the big heavy prog opening to the quiet section that follows.

I love Watershed, especially the closing combo of "Hessian Peel" and "Hex Omega." And "Heir Apparent" is still one of the high points of any Opeth setlist. But then I'm one of those Opeth fans that's comfortable on either side of the Watershed, so...
----
Hopepunk living on a grimdark timeline
18.08.2019 - 22:59
musclassia

I feel like this has some of the most convincing 70s prog worship since Opeth went down the retro-prog rock route in the second half of the album, with some of the more atmospheric melodic stuff. However, I feel like the heavier bit after that was more of the same in terms of 'hookless prog' that has made me less enthusiastic about their later releases. After these first two songs still got no idea whether this will be an improvement on Pale Communion, although I'm optimistic it'll be superior to Sorceress
27.08.2019 - 10:05
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I dont wanna admit but I like it
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing

Hits total: 4230 | This month: 3