Metal Storm logo
Cradle Of Filth - 'Cruelty And The Beast' Re-Mixed & Re-Mastered

21 years after its original release, Cradle Of Filth decided to unleash a re-mixed and re-mastered Cruelty Of The Beast album. It will hit the stores on November 1st, 2019 through Music For Nations. The album also includes "Hallowed Be Thy Name" bonus track, and is already available for pre-order here.

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Cradle Of Filth
Posted: 30.08.2019 by Abattoir

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 11   Visited by: 107 users
30.08.2019 - 09:08
Absinthe

This is one of my favourite albums of all time, but I'm not keen on bands remixing and tinkering with the sound of albums they now deem as unsatisfactory. I wasn't overly impressed with Mayhem's remix/remaster of 'Grand Declaration of War' either.
It's the precise character of the original albums that is so special.
30.08.2019 - 10:14
The Entity

Written by Absinthe on 30.08.2019 at 09:08

This is one of my favourite albums of all time, but I'm not keen on bands remixing and tinkering with the sound of albums they now deem as unsatisfactory. I wasn't overly impressed with Mayhem's remix/remaster of 'Grand Declaration of War' either.

Agree, and it sounds great the way it is. Certain albums with lousy production I can understand remixing. But in this case it feel forced.
----
https://enigmaticalofficial.bandcamp.com/
Industrial / Cosmic Black Metal
30.08.2019 - 12:18
Daniell
_爱情_

I wasn't overly impressed with Mayhem's remix/remaster of 'Grand Declaration of War' either.

Funny you should mention that. I think that Grand Declaration benefited a lot from the re-mix. The bass was brought out and the album finally stoppped sounding paper-thin.

Cruelty also sounds a bit thin. I hope they will rectify that fault. Mind you, this is my favourite CoF album and I love it to death.
30.08.2019 - 13:43
Enemy of Reality
Account deleted

Totally agreed. And Justice For All ranks on the top of Metallica's album for a ton of people. And even them won't remix & remaster this album.
AGDOW from Mayhem actually is a great remix. But i still prefer the original version.
As for COF i don't think CATB needed a remix, we all know Nicholas Barker wasn't pleased with his drum tracks and the bass player is barely audible. The guitars also sound flat. The album was mixed for Dani's voice and focus on the atmosphere (keys and sampling). But that poor mix added to the albums charm.
I'll still listen to it of course since it's one of my fav albums ever as well, and probably buy it since i own almost every COF release. But yeah it feels pretty much unnecessary and a cash grab.
30.08.2019 - 19:21
Opethian

This one just might be worthy of checking out.
30.08.2019 - 22:43
s_t_s

Thank you but no thank you, I'll keep with the original.
30.08.2019 - 22:59
Daniell
_爱情_
Written by Guest on 30.08.2019 at 13:43

Totally agreed. And Justice For All ranks on the top of Metallica's album for a ton of people. And even them won't remix & remaster this album.

They won't remaster "Justice" because Lars would have to admit that he was an asshole when he cut Jason out in the mix.
02.09.2019 - 15:22
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Written by Daniell on 30.08.2019 at 12:18

I wasn't overly impressed with Mayhem's remix/remaster of 'Grand Declaration of War' either.

Funny you should mention that. I think that Grand Declaration benefited a lot from the re-mix. The bass was brought out and the album finally stoppped sounding paper-thin.

Cruelty also sounds a bit thin. I hope they will rectify that fault. Mind you, this is my favourite CoF album and I love it to death.

Funny how tastes differ. I agree on how both albums mentioned are thin in its production. But I'd say that, unlike Cradle, Mayhem benefited with the thin, artificial production that gave the album the proper industrial edge for its' theme. The remix for me felt too "human and warm" that made the album Lost its' identity.

With Cradle, though... Im really interested to hear how it sounds cause I love that album but always wished for the production to sound more like Dusk.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
30.09.2019 - 13:05
Absinthe

Written by Daniell on 30.08.2019 at 12:18

'Grand Declaration' may have benefited in some industry standard way, but as someone else here pointed out, it's now too warm and safe sounding. There was something slightly unhinged by the triggered drums and the thin sound. The remixed drums now sound like any other metal album's drums. I don't even find the sound to be all that thin on the original - it's pretty polished for black metal as it is.

Anyway, I'm sure the remix of 'Cruelty' will sound fantastic, but it would be like your girlfriend getting plastic surgery. a. It's not natural and therefore fake, and b. It's the imperfections that are often most endearing.
30.09.2019 - 14:35
Daniell
_爱情_
Written by Absinthe on 30.09.2019 at 13:05

Anyway, I'm sure the remix of 'Cruelty' will sound fantastic, but it would be like your girlfriend getting plastic surgery. a. It's not natural and therefore fake, and b. It's the imperfections that are often most endearing.

I agree with you. Anyway, the re-mix is not replacing the original, so let's treat it as a curiosity, nothing else.
09.11.2019 - 14:46
Sean 79

Written by Daniell on 30.08.2019 at 22:59

Written by Guest on 30.08.2019 at 13:43

They won't remaster "Justice" because Lars would have to admit that he was an asshole when he cut Jason out in the mix.

...Justice... has been remastered.

Hits total: 2416 | This month: 6