Metal Storm logo
Kreator - Part Ways With Bassist, Announce Replacement

German thrash metal giants Kreator have recently parted ways with long-time bassist Christian Giesler (part of it since 1995). On the other hand, the band is excited to welcome Frédéric Leclercq as their new bass player. Before joining Kreator, Leclercq rose to fame with UK based extreme power metallers DragonForce, for whom he handled bass duties from 2005 until recently.

Commented Leclercq: "Joining Kreator is an honour as well as a huge step up in my musical journey. I've been friends with Mille for over 15 years and a lifelong Kreator fan; I have to pinch myself every day to believe that I'm now a part of one of the best and most influential bands in the genre. I look forward to the many adventures ahead and getting well acquainted with the legendary Kreator Hordes!"

Statement from Kreator's frontman Mille Petrozza: "Firstly, we would like to say thank you to Speesy for his time in Kreator over the last 25 years - we have accomplished so much, and I sincerely wish him the best in his future! A new chapter for Kreator beckons; Bienvenu Frederic Leclercq! Fred represents a new focus and hunger within Kreator and we're extremely excited to have him a part of the Kreator family - not only is he an exceptional musician but a great human being which made the decision to have him join the band very easy! We begin in Chile and continue on to some explosive years ahead!"

Source: nuclearblast.de
Band profile: Kreator
Posted: 16.09.2019 by Abattoir

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 10   Visited by: 121 users
16.09.2019 - 14:55
FeskarN

Aha that's why he left Dragonforce. That must have been a easy decision
----
The Land Is Silent... Before The Storm!
16.09.2019 - 15:35
Lanthros

Written by FeskarN on 16.09.2019 at 14:55

Aha that's why he left Dragonforce. That must have been a easy decision

Very easy. I can rock some DragonForce on occasion, but Kreator is a big step up.
16.09.2019 - 19:49
Kais

Did he ever officially leave DragonForce, though? I can't seem to find that information anywhere...
17.09.2019 - 00:34
Batlord666

Written by Lanthros on 16.09.2019 at 15:35

Very easy. I can rock some DragonForce on occasion, but Kreator is a big step up.

Man, in my opinion, Kreator has been in a hardcore downhill slide since Enemy of God. DF has only really had Power Within that's grabbed me since Inhuman Rampage.
17.09.2019 - 13:30
FeskarN

Written by Kais on 16.09.2019 at 19:49

Did he ever officially leave DragonForce, though? I can't seem to find that information anywhere...

Yes, you can read about it herehttps://dragonforce.com/2019/08/14/fred-depart-df-to-pursue-other-projects/
----
The Land Is Silent... Before The Storm!
17.09.2019 - 16:23
Stormm

Written by Batlord666 on 17.09.2019 at 00:34

Man, in my opinion, Kreator has been in a hardcore downhill slide since Enemy of God. DF has only really had Power Within that's grabbed me since Inhuman Rampage.

No. Phanthom Antichrist is one of the best releases from them.
17.09.2019 - 19:12
FYA
Destroyer
So it's true that Stevie T join Dragonforce.
18.09.2019 - 22:13
Batlord666

Written by Stormm on 17.09.2019 at 16:23

Written by Batlord666 on 17.09.2019 at 00:34

No. Phanthom Antichrist is one of the best releases from them.

I wish I could agree, the title track from that album is fantastic and had me very excited for the album, but nothing on it is nearly as good. I don't really like how melodic they've become. I won't say it's bad, just not for me anymore.
19.09.2019 - 18:23
Stormm

Written by Batlord666 on 18.09.2019 at 22:13

I wish I could agree, the title track from that album is fantastic and had me very excited for the album, but nothing on it is nearly as good. I don't really like how melodic they've become. I won't say it's bad, just not for me anymore.

Not exactly so much melodic. Still fast and heavy (Phantom Antichrist, Civilization Collapse), still epic (From Flood Into Fire, The Few, The Proud, The Broken, Your Heaven My Hell) and can slow down (Until Our Paths Cross Again). It's diverse, fresh, but it still has old roots. And that's the power of this album.
27.09.2019 - 06:32
drangbird

So why the hell did Speesy leave?

Hits total: 5630 | This month: 6