Metal Storm logo
Blut Aus Nord - Debut New Track From Upcoming Album

We are patiently awaiting Blut Aus Nord's upcoming album, Hallucinogen, due 11th of October through Debemur Morti Productions (more about it here), and now the band is premiering a song from it, "Nomos Nebuleam", over at this location.

In the meantime, take another look at the cover art, courtesy of Dehn Sora:

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Blut Aus Nord
Posted: 16.09.2019 by RaduP

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 18   Visited by: 164 users
16.09.2019 - 19:38
The Entity

Hypnotic, love it! Fits well with the album-cover, this album will be a trip!
----
https://enigmaticalofficial.bandcamp.com/
Industrial / Cosmic Black Metal
16.09.2019 - 19:40
Auntie Sahar
Drone Empress
Definitely enjoying this new direction, it's a little less "out there" than stuff like MoRT or even their last full length, but it still has a pretty unique stamp all over it. More airy, spacious, and yes, even a bit psychedelic. I'm definitely game for the full length if it follows more in this vein.
----
I am the Magician and the Exorcist. I am the axle of the wheel, and the cube in the circle. “Come unto me” is a foolish word: for it is I that go.

~ II. VII
16.09.2019 - 19:49
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
If there wasn't at least a hint of psychedelic influence after revealing that cover art I'd be mildly annoyed.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
16.09.2019 - 19:50
Paz
Nuclear Cowboy
A very melodic stuff to the point that it reminds me of MV's albums.. I was expecting something more fucked up and psychodelic. If you want the latter, check out the latest Entropia
16.09.2019 - 19:58
Derelict Earth

Sounds like Enshine, Ruins of Beverast and Blut aus Nord had a collective child and decided to create a new Memoria Vetusta. Mindblowing ...
16.09.2019 - 20:04
InnerSelf
proofread free
My expectations are subverted, my excitement hasn't decreased one bit though. I love how you can still know it's him purely from the way he transitions between riffs. That breakdown at 05:16, goddamn!
----
He who is not bold enough
to be stared at from across the abyss
is not bold enough
to stare into it himself.
16.09.2019 - 20:18
Lord Slothrop

This was a good way to start the day.
16.09.2019 - 20:25
mz

I would not mind them exploring the lighter territories. In fact I fucking loved the last of 777.this, however, sounds underwhelming. Too much of generic melodies to the point it sounds cheesy. While I can see hints of psychedelia, it is not as prominent as you would think given the artwork and the title.
Give me some psychedelic clusterfuck next time, please.
----
Giving my ears a rest from music.
16.09.2019 - 20:30
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by mz on 16.09.2019 at 20:25
Give me some psychedelic clusterfuck next time, please.

That may come with the rest of the album. Perhaps the band/label felt this was a more palatable song to reveal initially.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
16.09.2019 - 20:37
mz

Written by Troy Killjoy on 16.09.2019 at 20:30

That may come with the rest of the album. Perhaps the band/label felt this was a more palatable song to reveal initially.

I hope that's the case. However, I don't think BaN is a band that people expect much palatablity to begin with.
----
Giving my ears a rest from music.
16.09.2019 - 22:19
Auntie Sahar
Drone Empress
After a few more listens I'll admit that it is a little more generic sounding than what I was expecting, but it's still got Vindsval's signature stamped all over it. I wouldn't say this is just another installation in the Memoria Vetusta sound either, it's actually quite different from that, particularly in the second half. And I too think that some crazier tracks may be being saved later for the full stream.
----
I am the Magician and the Exorcist. I am the axle of the wheel, and the cube in the circle. “Come unto me” is a foolish word: for it is I that go.

~ II. VII
16.09.2019 - 22:24
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
Nice song.
Tho kind of straighforward.... You have to be in the right mood for it
----
"Aah! The cat turned into a cat!"
- Reimu Hakurei
16.09.2019 - 22:45
Mercurial

I like it. Melodic as fuck, but I was expecting that, although I was hoping for a tad more psychedelia, of which there is basically none. The harmonising vocals are nice. Not sure how a whole album of that will hold up, but maybe there'll be a few curve balls. Good to hear something organic though.
17.09.2019 - 00:10
IBlackened

False advertising. This is MV IV, but I'm more than fine with it. The beginning of that track is the most 2nd wave BaN has ever sounded.
----
Their old stuff is better.
17.09.2019 - 00:32
Batlord666

To parrot other posters, this could easily be a track on a Memoria Vetusta album (even heavily sounds like Fathers of the Icy Age). I like it. More melodic than I'm usually into, but I love the way BAN does their melodies - very ethereal and almost spooky. Excited to hear the rest.
17.09.2019 - 00:49
Vombatus
Potorro
At first it also reminded me of Fathers of the Icy Age, which is always welcome. But it definitely has a more ethereal/spacy/calm edge that changes the overall atmosphere compared to the MV vibe, particularly in the second half. Riffs, drums and vocals are on spot. Overall can't wait for the whole thing!
18.09.2019 - 08:19
♱ RaVeN ♱

The first half of the song is quite ethereal and sounds a bit like alcest and then the 2nd half is a bit more trippy, love the breakdown. Great track!
21.09.2019 - 13:00
Gesualdo

Someone leaked the album on the net, and Debemur Morti has just released it in full. Listening to it right now. Let´s see how much psychedelia there is inside:

https://blutausnord.bandcamp.com/album/hallucinogen

Hits total: 3027 | This month: 6