Metal Storm logo
Wilderun - Streaming Track From New Album

Wilderun have posted a brand new track from their upcoming album, Veil Of Imagination. Called "Far From Where Dreams Unfurl", the official visualizer can be streamed down under via YouTube. The group's upcoming album is due out on 1st of November and is available for pre-order on Bandcamp.

Veil Of Imagination was recorded at More Sound Studios in Syracuse, NY (Feb-Mar 2018). Drums, bass and guitarr engineered by Justin Spaulding. Vocals and acoustic guitars engineered by Andrew Greacen. Produced by Wilderun, Justin Spaulding and Andrew Greacen. Mixing was handled by Dan Swanö, while mastering by Jens Bogran.

Tracklist:

01. The Unimaginable Zero Summer
02. O Resolution!
03. Sleeping Ambassadors Of The Sun
04. Scentless Core (Budding)
05. Far From Where Dreams Unfurl
06. Scentless Core (Fading)
07. The Tyranny Of Imagination
08. When The Fire And The Rose Were One

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Wilderun
Posted: 20.09.2019 by Nifheim

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 6   Visited by: 29 users
21.09.2019 - 19:54
IBlackened
Hate to be that guy (nah, of course not), but I don't like this new direction. There's no trace of extreme metal left and the symphony is less present. It's more prog and less symphonic melodic death.
----
Their old stuff is better.
21.09.2019 - 21:13
Risto
Wandering Midget
Written by IBlackened on 21.09.2019 at 19:54

I don't like this new direction. There's no trace of extreme metal left and the symphony is less present. It's more prog and less symphonic melodic death.

New direction? I wasn't even that surprised there's no growls on this track. The symphonic elements are VERY present still, nothing really fundamental has changed.
21.09.2019 - 21:36
Zap
I'm gonna guess IBlackened read the title as "Wintersun - Streaming Track From New Album"
21.09.2019 - 23:08
IBlackened
Written by Risto on 21.09.2019 at 21:13

New direction? I wasn't even that surprised there's no growls on this track. The symphonic elements are VERY present still, nothing really fundamental has changed.

I'm not talking about extreme changes, but while they still sound like Wilderun, this track sounds much less aggressive than I remember 'Sleep At The Edge Of The Earth' being (the majority of that album at least). Like I said, any trace of extreme metal they had is gone in this song and it's not just the absence of growls. This sound like a continuation of the mellower moments from the last album. The "symphony being less present" was definitely poor expressed. It's there throughout the whole track, definitely, but I was trying to say that they seem to just follow the guitars and not taking the front with actual "riffs".
----
22.09.2019 - 02:50
Nifheim
Nifheim
Written by IBlackened on 21.09.2019 at 19:54

Hate to be that guy (nah, of course not), but I don't like this new direction. There's no trace of extreme metal left and the symphony is less present. It's more prog and less symphonic melodic death.

It's just the first song and eight minutes from a album with + 1 hour of music (https://www.metal-archives.com/albums/Wilderun/Veil_of_Imagination/796798). The song reminds me more the first album than the last.

Also, before posted this teaser; it's only symphonic: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qr_n0fNkA9Q
High expectations with this new album.
22.09.2019 - 08:10
IBlackened
Written by Nifheim on 22.09.2019 at 02:50

It's just the first song and eight minutes from a album with + 1 hour of music (https://www.metal-archives.com/albums/Wilderun/Veil_of_Imagination/796798). The song reminds me more the first album than the last.

Also, before posted this teaser; it's only symphonic: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qr_n0fNkA9Q
High expectations with this new album.

Yeah, it's not fair to compare a single track to a full album, especially in Winderun's case, since their albums are so varied. Those are just my impressions of that single and I'll definitely listen to the whole album.

And I didn't know about that teaser. Thank you.
----

Hits total: 1668 | This month: 3