Where do you prefer to live and why?

Small Town
Country Side
Big City

Total votes: 21
12.10.2019 - 19:46
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I dont know about you to me its between small town and country side.
Since for working man time matters, and its all. To me time to work takes by walk 35 minutes, bicycle 15, car 10, can add extra 15 walking in winter and whit car also.
I have not been in bigger city like 25 000 inhabitants last 10 years, but in the summer I was. I get panic attack, stress, people walking like maniacs, you dont see where to go, public traffic is fucked up, full, overheated. I get pissed , you pay extra there in bars and so on. Driving car I cant do it no fucking way. For some work and home takes maybe 4h total per day. I have no children and my work is 7-16, 12-21 and 21-07 so its super good, also weekends.

Today here internet is like god, you order all, it has been delivered at post office, take it out from 7-22 when you can, I order all from good cigars to good craft beer, and in every town we have delicacy store, and good restaurants, so luxuary food is often on table. Basics 2min walk on store open 6-23.

10min drive out of city, 2h drive deep woods, and 6h drive mountains and midningt sun, its awesome, 30min and good fishing spots, you can make bonfire, make food outside. You dont miss people, stress and shit around, and since internet has come you always can find some twat to drill.

I like small towns max 25 000 - 35 000 inside from costline whit 15 min drive to country side.

Only from big city life what dont happens is metal concerts, I dont care about live sports anymore.
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
13.10.2019 - 00:11
no one

I live in a small town of 500. It's ten minutes to one of the best surf coastlines in nz and 20 minutes to get up to a magestic mountain and national park forest. You could snowboard in the morning and surf in the arvo if you had the energy.
I've lived here for about 10 years now, so when I go to the big city's I can't handle it for more tha a few days. I get this weird disgust in humans.
I was walking around in a big city a couple of weeks ago listening to music and it's funny your taste in music changes. Paysage d'hiver just wasn't giving me the same vibe pushing through a busy overcrowded street felt like listening to some Deafheaven or something..
----
Unable to connect to the database
13.10.2019 - 07:16
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by no one on 13.10.2019 at 00:11
I was walking around in a big city a couple of weeks ago listening to music and it's funny your taste in music changes. Paysage d'hiver just wasn't giving me the same vibe pushing through a busy overcrowded street felt like listening to some Deafheaven or something..

Whenever I have to visit the big city I find death metal or more upbeat aggressive heavy music does the trick. That said, big city for me is 4 million people vs the typical 80-120k I'm used to as a "small town" in terms of where I've lived.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
13.10.2019 - 08:13
no one

Written by Troy Killjoy on 13.10.2019 at 07:16

Whenever I have to visit the big city I find death metal or more upbeat aggressive heavy music does the trick. That said, big city for me is 4 million people vs the typical 80-120k I'm used to as a "small town" in terms of where I've lived.

Yeah this one is was 1.7million, but i find it's the same vibe as a city of like 4 million. Actually I think I did start listening to the new tomb mold, seemed fitting.
----
Unable to connect to the database
13.10.2019 - 11:12
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Troy Killjoy on 13.10.2019 at 07:16

In sweden lives maybe 9 milj, 90 % South of Sundsvall, reminding 10, 90 percent of them lives near coust line, few Inside.
Kiruna 20k
Gällivare 15
Jokkmokk 15
Hehe its small town to me, and in evey town we have good net, it mattes moust
----

apos;'
[image]
15.10.2019 - 04:23
Lord Slothrop

When I was younger I enjoyed the city life (I lived in Boston for a time), but as I've gotten older I'm less tolerant of the noise and bustle of cities. Small town for me. And if I could afford it, I'd move out to the countryside.
15.10.2019 - 10:37
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Lord Slothrop on 15.10.2019 at 04:23

When I was younger I enjoyed the city life (I lived in Boston for a time), but as I've gotten older I'm less tolerant of the noise and bustle of cities. Small town for me. And if I could afford it, I'd move out to the countryside.

Star City, Arkansas
----

apos;'
[image]
26.11.2019 - 19:24
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Sorta place where I wanna live, because in summer its oposite,

----

apos;'
[image]
26.11.2019 - 21:38
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
In summer its amazing to have 24h of sunshine .... yes sweden has all same as Finland even better, not so good as Noerway and Finland since they go more north as we, but we have ,p

----

apos;'
[image]
29.01.2020 - 11:44
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by brendasullivans on 29.01.2020 at 11:12

I'd prefer to live in the countryside. For all of my life, I used to live in a big city, always that people rushing every day, 24/7 noise and people anywhere you go. I'm not sure that living in the countryside is too much safer, but now there are so many ways to prevent burglaries and crimes, that I won't even worry about that )

Yes in Alaska you have bears and Glades you have gaitors, parries you have rattles
I cant image löive in NY or US big city., or big cities ar small to you lol and I cant live there
----

apos;'
[image]
03.07.2022 - 01:25
Joppe
Steelemeister
Hard question whether to live in a suburb, country side or in a cabin in wooded area. Depends on location, I would have to see it first. I guess I choose small town now and in future country side.
----
My vision is augmented
06.07.2022 - 15:06
Metal Rasputin

Countryside, baby. Countryside anytime.

I used to live in a relatively big city back in my university years. At first I was just amazed how it felt like the whole world was within walking distance, all the night clubs, record stores, libraries, even a kind of red light district just around the corner... I couldn't even imagine all that stuff when I was kid, it was crazy.

But quickly after maybe a year or two I came to a realization that most of that stuff was more or less just unnecessary and pointless, like I don't really need any night clubs to simply have some fun with friends or relatives of mine, etc. Even if I wanted or needed something specific, in the 2020's I could just order stuff and not have to live physically near any store. Our local library services are so advanced these days I can just loan any book, film or cd for free if there's no other alternative available.

These days I'm living in countryside and couldn't be any happier, around here people respect each other's privacy and anyone can pretty much say or do whatever they like as long as they don't disturb or hurt anyone else. No more constant noise, stress and shitty air quality. Jobs here aren't necessarily that high paying, but there are better things in life than just money.
----
You've got a lot of guts. Let's see what they look like!
09.07.2022 - 22:49
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Metal Rasputin on 06.07.2022 at 15:06

Countryside, baby. Countryside anytime.

I used to live in a relatively big city back in my university years. At first I was just amazed how it felt like the whole world was within walking distance, all the night clubs, record stores, libraries, even a kind of red light district just around the corner... I couldn't even imagine all that stuff when I was kid, it was crazy.

But quickly after maybe a year or two I came to a realization that most of that stuff was more or less just unnecessary and pointless, like I don't really need any night clubs to simply have some fun with friends or relatives of mine, etc. Even if I wanted or needed something specific, in the 2020's I could just order stuff and not have to live physically near any store. Our local library services are so advanced these days I can just loan any book, film or cd for free if there's no other alternative available.

These days I'm living in countryside and couldn't be any happier, around here people respect each other's privacy and anyone can pretty much say or do whatever they like as long as they don't disturb or hurt anyone else. No more constant noise, stress and shitty air quality. Jobs here aren't necessarily that high paying, but there are better things in life than just money.

In Keski Suomi?

I have same story, as early 20's you have energy you dont sleep till Hammersmith , yuo can all, neo lights, women in sexy dresses, cool looking metal guys, best bars, restaurants, craft beer, ciggars, parties, booze, women, parties and circle foes on and on LA dream, but then you live in a Scandinavia where summer is one month. Göteborg rains, in Norway rains ....Stockholm, how really shorts n t shirt nights we have?

I have tried it, .... then one day at age 26 you cant handle whisky anymore, and any booze, you puke and puke over again 3 days . Party in Umeå when friends went in a studio recordet demo and next weekend live shows, I cant party anymore. How did Mars able keep on Motley Crew being 10 years older?

I live in small town in a Lappland, what is basically country side, 30 min drive and you are in deep dark woods
We have women, we have craft beer, we have ciggars we have anything. Freedom ... ride snoow mobile.
But then foreigners dont understand, that 45 days sun shines 24h, same in winter it never comes over horizon and polar night is real. That in last week in the april I can walk on ice on the lake and snow is to my chests. Old good Charon lyric ....dark is longer as we thought, so cold.

No regrets , no doubts,
I was in big city once, I might get sek 10 000 more in incomes, I rejected it. People från hela fan (from hell) was there, buses, traffic, you cant drive car there, they ride wild and anarhistical . every where, buy ticket you see 1000 faces, lines, waiting , gosh I wanna puke even in Luleå what is super big city to me.
I better miss all metal shows, but I have my freedom in my little place in deep, north in a Lappland.
----

apos;'
[image]
19.07.2022 - 17:50
MetalstormBANatm

I like living locates in small town, travel to work in big cities, and vacation in countryside.